Facts About the Vietnam War that Liberal Historians Ignore

McA wanted to use Atomic Bombs, a lot of them on North Korea. He wanted push all the way up to the N.K./Communist Chinese Border. Never mind that Russia had the bomb as well. I met a Marine at the Pentagon who was at Chosin. Left side of his face horribly scared. But he also that blue and white ribbon, a cetified bad ass.
Most people here don’t know what the blue and white ribbon means.

No, my Father wasn't a recipient of a CMH.
But he has the blue and white Korean War campaign ribbon which is what I thought you were referring to..
Ah, I’ve never seen a Korean War ribbon. But I should have been more clear, the CMH is a blue ribbon with white stars.

... that the majority of this OP is bull shit with its basis fermented in "sour grapes". The French and the US got the shit kicked out of them. The good guys won and the bad guys lost. Face the facts, stop whining, and get over it. :26:
This is the Man who won the war but at a very high price, General Giap, he fought against the Japs the French Colonialists who were smashed at Dien Bien Phu, then he defeated American Imperialists.
1719310528541.png

This is the Man who won the war but at a very high price, General Giap, he fought against the Japs the French Colonialists who were smashed at Dien Bien Phu, then he defeated American Imperialists.
View attachment 967134
Yes, that's the man yet very few people in the West have ever heard of him. Our brains are saturated with BS hero stories about Western men and although some of them deserve praise we think it makes them greater by ignoring the men who opposed them.

Yes, that's the man yet very few people in the West have ever heard of him. Our brains are saturated with BS hero stories about Western men and although some of them deserve praise we think it makes them greater by ignoring the men who opposed them.
If Giap had been British he would be celebrated like Montgomery, all the hollywood films about the Vietnam war are bullshit and full of self pity for the US soldiers, films like the Deer Hunter full of lies and propaganda, such as there is zero evidence the NVA made prisoners play Russian roulette, it just gets people hating those little yellow people, one thing about the Deer hunter i picked up on the main characters were of Ukrainian heritage truth be told in reality they would have been the Sons of Bandera Nazis and Galizien SS who were given refuge in the West.

If Giap had been British he would be celebrated like Montgomery ...
I wonder if there are any honest films about Giap? If you know of one let me know.
... all the hollywood films about the Vietnam war are bullshit and full of self pity for the US soldiers ...
Yes, either Joan Wayne hero films with the sun setting in the East or (as you say) self pity nonsense. Well, I was 19 when I went to Vietnam and I guess I can reflect on my own pity and most of the guys in my unit but that is no excuse for some of the things we (collectively speaking) did to the Vietnames population. Everyone knows about Lt. Calley but there were a lot of smaller attrocities we were guilty of too. Don't ask me.
... films like the Deer Hunter full of lies and propaganda, such as there is zero evidence the NVA made prisoners play Russian roulette, it just gets people hating ...
That film makes me sick. Sooooo much bull shit! It's too bad because when I was a boy I admired the story of Audie Murphy and now I wonder how much of it might have been lies. :confused:

Obviously, you've never talked to any military veterans from the Vietnam War era.
I am a Vietnam War Veteran. Central Highlands 1966 - 67. So, if you want to spin a lot of BS and sell it to the young'uns be advised that I am watching you. If you tell the truth then it's OK but if you continue with what seems to be crap story then your ass is mine. The choice is yours.

Be advised you''re full of Bravo Sierra if you're trying to sell the idea the VC were just kiss and hug citizen soldiers who played by the rules.
1). If you continue making absurd conclusions you'll never leave the world of shit you're in right now.

2). Hold that salute until I return it. Otherwise, I’ll keep your heels locked for the rest of the day.

Forum List

Back