Trump wants to eliminate income tax, but replace it with tariffs on imported goods.

It's funny, I think you're both right. Yes, the gov't should spend less, and Yes, Trump absolutely did NOTHING to curtail spending when he was POTUS, and I have no reason to suspect he will if re-elected. So I will throwing away my vote again this year unfortunately.

I'm not really taking a stand on government spending, one way or the other. I'm saying that if you want a reduction in government spending, a slowing of the growth of the national debt and a reduction in the deficit, Trump is absolutely not your man.

I'm not really taking a stand on government spending, one way or the other. I'm saying that if you want a reduction in government spending, a slowing of the growth of the national debt and a reduction in the deficit, Trump is absolutely not your man.

I get it, that's the part that I agree with YOU on. But I agree with the other poster, government has a spending problem. Hence, I agree with both of you...

You already did with the graph YOU posted. Do you not know how to read a damn graph?

Not to mention the fact that Biden didn't even have time to implement any economic policies before it shot up like a rocket in 2021. It takes months to get them passed through congress. (which is usually around November), then it take at the very least 1 year to start showing up in the economy.
And since Biden's policy was pretty much the same as Trumps (borrow trillions from the fed and dump it into the economy), there was never going to be anything good come out of it.
Since Reagan, they've all done the same exact thing. Borrow and spend. Increase the debt. Then start all over again.
Once again, you've got nothing..

Inflation started to skyrocket the day Biden was elected because of his outrageous promises.

These are not Trump's policies.

2024%2001%2014%20Biden%20Soending.jpg

Kinda. The 10% wouldn't replace the income tax.
Thus transferring the tax burden down the income scale. As any type of flat tax does.

For example: raise prices 5% across the board, and who suffers?

Last edited:
Such an idiotic lie.
In 1950 to now the population roughly doubled. The Federal government expenditures in 1950 was 42 billion dollars. At this point we ruled the financial aspects of the world. Today Federal government expenditures is around 7 trillion dollars. That is over 160 times more. 160 times more. So, two times the population and over 160 times more for government spending. Then we must add the state, local and regional taxes from that era to now.

In 1950 to now the population roughly doubled. The Federal government expenditures in 1950 was 42 billion dollars. At this point we ruled the financial aspects of the world.

Because of the world war that had just ended 5 years earlier. Europe, Japan, China and Russia were in shambles.

They've repaired things since then.

Last edited:
In 1950 to now the population roughly doubled. The Federal government expenditures in 1950 was 42 billion dollars. At this point we ruled the financial aspects of the world. Today Federal government expenditures is around 7 trillion dollars. That is over 160 times more. 160 times more. So, two times the population and over 160 times more for government spending. Then we must add the state, local and regional taxes from that era to now.
Cimulative inflation from 1950 to 2023 is 1,164%. 42B in 1950 is $531T in 2024 dollars.

Trump's going to lose because he says stupid things. Doesn't say smart things like you just did.
You have been lied to

There is no proof trump wants to impose an 85% tariff on everything

But he could lose if enough misinformed voters believe the lies

Once again, you've got nothing..

Inflation started to skyrocket the day Biden was elected because of his outrageous promises.

These are not Trump's policies.

2024%2001%2014%20Biden%20Soending.jpg

Inflation doesn't increase from words or promises. Holy cow, man. You're retarded if you think that.

TNHarley . Sorry to drag you into this. But I thought you'd find it funny. "Inflation started because of Biden's promises." BA HA HA HA HA HA

You're just way too easy!

The election was on November 3, 2020.

Now, you will lie to me and say it isn't so, but can you lie to yourself and say you don't see the facts in front of you?

2024-03-08.jpg

Gas prices started to increase just after Trump struck a deal with US, Mexican and Saudi oil producers to decrease oil production.

Cimulative inflation from 1950 to 2023 is 1,164%. 42B in 1950 is $531T in 2024 dollars.
So that is the fiat currency running amok. The inflation proves it. And that is still nowhere near the huge expansion of the federal government. The huge expansion of the state, local, regional and city governments. The dollar is slowly dying. So, at the federal level the government is about 14 times larger in real terms with massive deficits. And again. This does not include the massive increases in taxes in state, local, regional and city governments. The massive increases in monopolies running utilities, roads and bridges and so much more. We need foreign slaves to make our products for us to hide the realities. We have made China a threat to our supremacy due to this.

You're just way too easy!

The election was on November 3, 2020.

Now, you will lie to me and say it isn't so, but can you lie to yourself and say you don't see the facts in front of you?

2024-03-08.jpg

You don't even remember what you said, do you?

I liked the part about policies not in place yet causing inflation.

Goddamn you're dumb.

What date was it announced? Was that before or after COVID-19 had a massive impact on our economy?

The causes of inflation are well known. But paid liars poured lies into your tenderized brain. And you regurgitate them here like a good little boy.

Forum List

Back