Should South Carolina also ban the flying of the British flag...who enslaved people?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
I for one say remove the rebel flag. One..ive just never cared for it. Two...as a USC Gamecocks fan I dont want other football coaches using it to recruit againsf us for black player.

BUT...what about the British flag? See...SC also was once ruled by England. And England enslaved a lot of blacks also...and did so under that flag. They fought wars to maintain their status quo. And lost.

So...should everyone be shamed into ridding themselves of all racist British flags?

What about any African flags? They STILL enslave people to this day.

I for one say remove the rebel flag. One..ive just never cared for it. Two...as a USC Gamecocks fan I dont want other football coaches using it to recruit againsf us for black player.

BUT...what about the British flag? See...SC also was once ruled by England. And England enslaved a lot of blacks also...and did so under that flag. They fought wars to maintain their status quo. And lost.

So...should everyone be shamed into ridding themselves of all racist British flags?

One thing at a time.

Why would they fly the British flag over the statehouse grounds?
Or the Confederate flag for that matter

Cause he butt hurt. Did you see the lengths he went through to associate the British flag with the confederate flag?

The American Flag flew over slavery a lot longer than the Battle Flag. Take it down too?

This flag issue is contrived. The shooter has nothing in common with the decent folks who honor the Battle flag for heritage, not hate.

Ask the Democratic Party. They put it there in the first place.

I have never seen South Carolina flying the British flag.

But if you want the State of South Carolina to go ahead banning flying the British flag over the State Capital....well go for it.....

The American Flag flew over slavery a lot longer than the Battle Flag. Take it down too?

This flag issue is contrived. The shooter has nothing in common with the decent folks who honor the Battle flag for heritage, not hate.
I agree somewhat but you need a better argument. The american flag also symbolized the side that fought the civil war and freed the slaves. The loser flag is only a symbol of the attempt to enslave people.

The present 50 star American Flag was not in use during slavery OR Jim Crow. Jim Crow ended officially in 1954 the Present flag has been in use since 1959.

But if you want the State of South Carolina to go ahead banning flying the British flag over the State Capital....well go for it.....

Anyone who's been to South Carolina knows the UK wouldn't want it.

Ask the Democratic Party. They put it there in the first place.

Plus it no longer flies over the statehouse. Its next to a memorial of confederate soldiers.

That flag was invented in battle....because many poor Southern soldiers didnt have uniforms and were suffering friendly fire on open fields. So they created a battle flag so theg wouldnt fire on friendly units. 97% of white Southerners didnt own slaves. And poor dirt farmers were brainwashed by the 3% who did...because those wealthy 3% owned the newspapers....into thinking the North was invading to steal their land and livestock and rape their women.

I dont support the flag because it has been hijacked by racists. But...the true history of that flag has very little to do with it and more to do with poor men taking up arms to defend their homes (which is what they truly thought they were doing).

Never been to the coast obviously.

Never been to the coast obviously.
South Carolina is a sandy shithole.

Forum List

Back