Should South Carolina also ban the flying of the British flag...who enslaved people?

Why would they fly the British flag over the statehouse grounds?
Or the Confederate flag for that matter

Ask the Democratic Party. They put it there in the first place.

Political parties don't have flags. Nor do they place them. :rolleyes:

Then the GOP has nothing to do with the confederate flag.

Correct. But I ain't the one trying to connect flags with political parties....

Why would they fly the British flag over the statehouse grounds?
Or the Confederate flag for that matter

Ask the Democratic Party. They put it there in the first place.

Political parties don't have flags. Nor do they place them. :rolleyes:

Then the GOP has nothing to do with the confederate flag.
Yeah they do. They dont want to take it down and fought tooth and nail to keep it up.

The America Revolution ended in 1783 the Civil War in 1865 so the American flag represented slavery for another 82 years before the end of the the Civil War the Confederate flag reresented it for four years. If we are truly outraged and offended to be flying a flag that represented slavery shouldn't we change the American flag as well.

The America Revolution ended in 1783 the Civil War in 1865 so the American flag represented slavery for another 82 years before the end of the the Civil War the Confederate flag reresented it for four years. If we are truly outraged and offended to be flying a flag that represented slavery shouldn't we change the American flag as well.
Youd have to explain how the American flag represented slavery.???

Same way the Confederate flag did during that time period slavery was legal and accepted. If the Confederate flag repreented slavery for wanting to keep it legal during the lead up to and during the civil war how does the American flag not represent it by keeping leagal for the majority of the years leading up to the civil war.

Same way the Confederate flag did during that time period slavery was legal and accepted. If the Confederate flag repreented slavery for wanting to keep it legal during the lead up to and during the civil war how does the American flag not represent it by keeping leagal for the majority of the years leading up to the civil war.
Your logic is puerile. The confederate flag was a symbol of the south fighting to keep Black people enslaved. When did the american flag every perform that duty? Lets say it did support slavery at some make believe time. It was also the flag of the side that eradicated slavery.

I for one say remove the rebel flag. One..ive just never cared for it. Two...as a USC Gamecocks fan I dont want other football coaches using it to recruit againsf us for black player.

BUT...what about the British flag? See...SC also was once ruled by England. And England enslaved a lot of blacks also...and did so under that flag. They fought wars to maintain their status quo. And lost.

So...should everyone be shamed into ridding themselves of all racist British flags?

What about any African flags? They STILL enslave people to this day.

I have never seen South Carolina flying the British flag.

But if you want the State of South Carolina to go ahead banning flying the British flag over the State Capital....well go for it.....

Anyone who's been to South Carolina knows the UK wouldn't want it.

Never been to the coast obviously.
South Carolina is a sandy shithole.
Is it really that sandy?

I for one say remove the rebel flag. One..ive just never cared for it. Two...as a USC Gamecocks fan I dont want other football coaches using it to recruit againsf us for black player.

BUT...what about the British flag? See...SC also was once ruled by England. And England enslaved a lot of blacks also...and did so under that flag. They fought wars to maintain their status quo. And lost.

So...should everyone be shamed into ridding themselves of all racist British flags?

But if you want the State of South Carolina to go ahead banning flying the British flag over the State Capital....well go for it.....

Is it really that sandy?
I may be bias. I still have sand from basic training that appears every now and then.

Are those flags flown on state property?

Is it really that sandy?

The beaches of SC are sandy.....which is rather a 'duh'.....nice beaches in SC.

Charleston is a lovely town, loaded with history and historic buildings, with great food and really great people.

I can see how anyone who went through basic there though might have a different point of view.

Sorry to inject some reality into this rather stupid thread.

How many foreign flags, besides the confederate flag, does SC fly?

Forum List

Back