Should VA Secretary Eric Shinseki Be Fired/Resign?

Should Shinseki Resign Or Be Fired/

• Total voters

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
The VA has been plagued w/problems for decades, which pre-dates even the Bush Administration

What would him being fired or having to resign accomplish?

Discuss...

Ever hear of sending a message?? Starting somewhere? Holding someone accountable??

Yeah.. you're a lefty.. didn't think so

I don't care. I just want the problem fixed. If he can do it, fine. If not, get someone who will.

What I don't want is for him to be fired and having the politicians pretending that fixed the problem and that's all they need to do

Ever hear of sending a message?? Starting somewhere? Holding someone accountable??

Are you aware of how many people at the TOP have been fired thus far sir?

Besides, if the TOP guy gets fired and it's not his fault, WHO do we have in place to take over?

What mess would that leave behind for the next guy to figure out THEN have to resolve?

Are you more interested in ACTUALLY getting the VA straightened out or just "sending a message?"

[MENTION=11393]DiamondDave[/MENTION]

I don't care. I just want the problem fixed. If he can do it, fine. If not, get someone who will.

What I don't want is for him to be fired and having the politicians pretending that fixed the problem and that's all they need to do
I had to rep this, even though I don't care about just about any of his views.

Besides, if the TOP guy gets fired and it's not his fault, WHO do we have in place to take over?

What mess would that leave behind for the next guy to figure out THEN have to resolve?

Are you more interested in ACTUALLY getting the VA straightened out or just "sending a message?"

Obabble is the one who should resign. Shinseki fucked up one thing...Obabble fucks up everything.

There is always someone else... when in a position of power or 'charge' you can indeed get fired for something that you did not do.. in fact for things your subordinates do

The VA needs to be fixed... it will take money, re-orging, and a huge effort... maybe we should start by getting rid of unconstitutional and unnecessary spending in other areas to fund the VA properly?? Openly audit the leadership, the practices, the procedures, the facilities, and the employees...

Until they get the nightmare of almost 50% of all veterans, and rapidly rising each year, retiring and exiting the military filing for some form of disability check costs will continue to skyrocket and care for the trully injured veterans will suffer.
The system is over utlilized by veterans with not much of anything wrong with them and NO ONE, politicians especially, will do anything about it.
Credit the Republicans for killing the latest Senate VA bill that would have opened the door for vets to receive benefits for non service related injuries.
Believe me, I see it all the time. The Nam and Korean vets have been complaining about this for decades. I take my brother to the VA 6-8 times a year.
Time is now to call out the tens of thousands of vets that are taxing the system with little to nothing wrong with them go gather the paperwork and build their weak case into a stronger one for some form of disability rating.

Set guidelines and if they are not obtained then heads roll.
Something government does not do.
They fire someone and bring in the next political appointee.
Nothing changes but everyone feels better.
Except the veterans.

Of course he should be fired. His replacement should be given the power to fire those who do a bad job. The bonus system should be stopped immediately. This is partly because the unionized workers can't be fired.

The VA has been plagued w/problems for decades, which pre-dates even the Bush Administration

Discuss...

No.

Very suprisingly..I agree with John Boehner on this.

He was shockingly cool headed and had some very sober views about the debacle.

:thup:

There is always someone else... when in a position of power or 'charge' you can indeed get fired for something that you did not do.. in fact for things your subordinates do

The VA needs to be fixed... it will take money, re-orging, and a huge effort... maybe we should start by getting rid of unconstitutional and unnecessary spending in other areas to fund the VA properly?? Openly audit the leadership, the practices, the procedures, the facilities, and the employees...
Administrations getting the country into UNNECESSARY, COSTLY and CORRUPT wars is conspicuously missing from your list.

Shinseki is meeting with the Liar in Chief as we speak.

He's gonzo.

It will break any minute now

Discuss...

No.

The VA, as most of government. have a history of scandals, true, less than most. The best VA scandal being when Republicans were selling VA hospital supplies on the side.
Perhaps government scandals should be given a rating system then we would know how bad the scandal really is, but then there would be a scandal about the rating system.
Perhaps it's not the scandal, but which party can make the most of the scandal? A creatve hungry political party can make an everyday, routine, who-cares, incident into a mushroom cloud and that's as good as it gets.

He obviously has to go. It won't bring the Vets back but there has to be accountability.

Administrations getting the country into UNNECESSARY, COSTLY and CORRUPT wars is conspicuously missing from your list.

Name me a War that was NECESSARY, CHEAP and ETHICAL.

Moron.

You have, as usual, refuted points not in contention.

Congratulations, slayer of straw men.

Discuss...

Why do you people insist on sticking your heads in the sand? I don't get it.

Haven't you heard? VETERANS FUCKING DIED WHILE WAITING ON PHONY, SECRET LISTS

moron

Discuss...

No.

The VA, as most of government. have a history of scandals, true, less than most. The best VA scandal being when Republicans were selling VA hospital supplies on the side.
Perhaps government scandals should be given a rating system then we would know how bad the scandal really is, but then there would be a scandal about the rating system.
Perhaps it's not the scandal, but which party can make the most of the scandal? A creatve hungry political party can make an everyday, routine, who-cares, incident into a mushroom cloud and that's as good as it gets.

When were "Republicans" selling VA Hospital supplies on the side?

Or are you just another lying dimocrap scumbag?

Forum List

Back