Shouldn't the government be more like the Founders planned, ie NOT try to finance every group or cause or...?

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
There is not a part of life in America that has not been tainted by gummit $$

I mean, every time there is a disaster like some weather event or whatever... first thing talked about is how the fed gummit is going to deal with it, how much $$ will be spent to fix it! Excuse me? Since when is every little problem (not that hurricanes are in that category but still....) soemthing the gummit has to step in and "fix" (ha ha to that one)

I mean, some groups get $$ for (this/that)... gummit grants are handed out to.. probably only causes that suit the party in power...

so the gummit has this giant piggy bank funded by taxpayers and all this $$ goes out therefrom to fix... who knows what.. you name it

yet we still have homeless people.. we cant even build a simple shelter so they can get off the street. Some places are providing mini houses.. most cities are not...

I don't know... just tired of all the waste, abuse and fraud

Where is "We're not messing around!" Comer?

Oh yeh... he's got a very full plate right now... poor dude...

His work has kind of made him a rock star

LOL

:)

Anyhow.. I don't reccall the Founders even speaking of this kind of thing much less condoning it

thought we were supposed to be a nation of SMALL (non-tyrannical) gummit?

as opposed to a HUGE gummit as determined by crazy loons like Bidum and Co

Doesn’t work like that Skippy

We elect representatives based on the government programs and services that we desire.
Government is the size We the People demand

Doesn’t work like that Skippy

We elect representatives based on the government programs and services that we desire.
Government is the size We the People demand

another leftist LIE

Most of We the People1000% disagree with how taxpayer $$ is spent/wasted

I mean, every time there is a disaster like some weather event or whatever... first thing talked about is how the fed gummit is going to deal with it, how much $$ will be spent to fix it! Excuse me? Since when is every little problem (not that hurricanes are in that category but still....) soemthing the gummit has to step in and "fix" (ha ha to that one)

I mean, some groups get $$ for (this/that)... gummit grants are handed out to.. probably only causes that suit the party in power...

so the gummit has this giant piggy bank funded by taxpayers and all this $$ goes out therefrom to fix... who knows what.. you name it

yet we still have homeless people.. we cant even build a simple shelter so they can get off the street. Some places are providing mini houses.. most cities are not...

LOL

Anyhow.. I don't reccall the Founders even speaking of this kind of thing much less condoning it

no place in the constitution that says they can start fund and run any program they want too,,

taxs are used to pay bills and debts for everyday operations not pet programs,,

another leftist LIE

Most of We the People1000% disagree with how taxpayer $$ is spent/wasted
Evidently not

If the voters disagreed with the spending, they would vote them out of office
Been done that way for over 200 years

LOL

I have no problem with FEMA moving into large scale disasters that overwhelm a state's resources to deal with the immediate emergency. That certainly does not apply to train wrecks or tornadoes or local flooding etc. for which all states should develop resources to deal with their own localized issues.

But FEMA's job should be to clear highways/roads, get immediate food and water to victims until they can relocate, perhaps help evacuate from disaster/danger zones until local and state authorities can be mobilized and take over rescue and recovery.

On Thursday the small town of Perryton TX was devastated by a tornado. Gov. Abbott immediately mobilized emergency services to help restore power and immediate relief, but the people of Perryton and all the surrounding communities also came together to deal with the injuries and destruction, offer or find shelter for those needing it, and are handling it. That's the way it is supposed to work.

Constitutionally the federal government is authorized to do specific tasks and those generally are what practically cannot be done by the states, local communities, private initiative. It was never intended to be the prerogative of the federal government to demand how states, communities or citizens must do anything other than participate in the census and pay whatever reasonable/necessary taxes and fees are imposed.

Yeah, they wrote it down in 1776 when there were 13 colonies and a population of around 2 million people.

Things were different then then they are now.

Asshole.
no you stupid fuck,,
it was written in 1787 and the population is irrelevant,,

human nature never changes,,

of course you are free to say what you think they got wrong and what needs changed,,

just dont get mad when we laugh in your face for your dumb ideas,,

DC is addicted to spending $$

which
no place in the constitution that says they can start fund and run any program they want too,,

taxs are used to pay bills and debts for everyday operations not pet programs,,
is because it helps them get re-elected (if they do enough for their district)

no you stupid fuck,,
it was written in 1787 and the population is irrelevant,,

human nature never changes,,

of course you are free to say what you think they got wrong and what needs changed,,

just dont get mad when we laugh in your face for your dumb ideas,,
a very important point

Human nature does not change (from one generation to the next)

of course modern man thinks he's so superior to his forefathers... we have iPhones! We have fast internet... self driving cars!

But we are more stupid than ever

(in so many ways)

Forum List

Back