Sick and tired of US debate on raising the min. wage.

Long Beach just mandated a 4 dollar raise for grocery store owners. Two major grocery stores promptly closed leaving all employees out of a job and out of job benefits.

If they need a $7.25 minimum wage to stay in business, they deserve to close
Good. The two biggest grocery stores closed. Yaaay. The people are out of a job. The neighborhood now has to go elsewhere to shop. Meanwhile the Kroger company will not feel a thing. It's a win lose in all the right places.

If Kroger cannot operate without $7.25 wages
They deserve to fail
Never put them out of business before. I guess people just keep eating groceries. Who knew?
see this is the shit that keeps wages down.....ppl gonna lose their jobs, business's will close, etc......meanwhile, these same big wig motherfuckers is making bank on Wall street, while the workers are working 2 jobs to keep roofs over their heads.....if raising wages to 15 puts a mf out of business...bye bitches.

What? No, that's not how it works. The people who will go out of business, are the small companies and small shops, that can't afford to pay the higher wage.

The big companies on wall street are the ones that will gain all the customers that can't go anywhere else.

And by the way, destroying a Wall Street company, doesn't generally harm the rich as much as it does the poor.

The Unions destroyed General Motors.

Who was harmed by that? Wall Street? Do you think that? Because I can tell you who was harmed... the employees that worked at the factories that were closed. The pension funds, and 401Ks, and people how had their retirement in GM stock.

Do you think the executives at GM were ruined? Sure they lost their jobs at GM. No question.

But do you think they were hurt? You think Rick Wagoner, the CEO of GM, was harmed by this? Obama asked Rick Wagoner to resign from GM, and he did as part of the bailout. You think he was 'harmed' by this? He had an estimated net worth of $14 Million. He's currently in California running a company that makes charging stations for California EVs.

You think he's suffering horribly? No. When you damage big companies, you only damage yourself, not them. You lose your retirement, and your jobs, and they go off and work elsewhere with their millions.

You can't hurt them. You can only hurt yourself.

the poultry 7.25

Did you mean paltry?

91476395-comic-book-speech-bubble-cartoon-confused-chicken.jpg

THEY SAID THE SAME THINGS ABOUT CIGERETTES....RAISE THE PRICE AND PPL WILL STOP SMOKING....YEAH RIGHT

0.o

Are you implying that people have not stopped smoking?

View attachment 452622

I know people personally, who stopped smoking exclusively because it was expensive.
In this economy, yeah I can see that

Long Beach just mandated a 4 dollar raise for grocery store owners. Two major grocery stores promptly closed leaving all employees out of a job and out of job benefits.

Good. The two biggest grocery stores closed. Yaaay. The people are out of a job. The neighborhood now has to go elsewhere to shop. Meanwhile the Kroger company will not feel a thing. It's a win lose in all the right places.

They deserve to fail

That's fine.... but just understand that if every business that deserves to fail, fails, then you will have mass unemployment and a great depression.

The people in Greece, said the same thing, which is why they had a minimum wage that was tied to inflation, and the result was the entire country imploded.

Guess what they did? They cut the minimum wage. Guess what happened? Unemployment in the 30% range, started to fall.

Again, you can say that, but them failing just means people are unemployed.

See you seem to be operating under the strange idea that if all the companies that can't pay $15/hour fail... then all those unemployed people will just magically find jobs that pay $15/hour. No. That's not how it works. If your labor isn't worth $15/hours, then you just stay unemployed.

You can mandate a minimum wage, sure. But you can't mandate that customers pay $15/hour for labor that isn't worth $15/hours. Thus those people just.... don't have a job.
Save me the drama

Minimum wage has been increased for 80 years. Business survived, the market adjusted.

We have not increased the wage in eleven years. Low wage workers have suffered. They have used debt to replace wages that haven kept up with inflation
biden made a promise, he best keep it...WAGES NEED TO GO UP AND IF BUSINESS WANT TO LEAVE...BYE!!

If business want to leave.... then your wages don't go up, do they? Bye?

Did you miss what happened in Venezuela when they made the same demands on business there?

Screenshot_2021-02-03 mass starvation Venezuela - Google Search.png

Do you really want to be eating out of the garbage?

They deserve to fail
Never put them out of business before. I guess people just keep eating groceries. Who knew?
see this is the shit that keeps wages down.....ppl gonna lose their jobs, business's will close, etc......meanwhile, these same big wig motherfuckers is making bank on Wall street, while the workers are working 2 jobs to keep roofs over their heads.....if raising wages to 15 puts a mf out of business...bye bitches.

What? No, that's not how it works. The people who will go out of business, are the small companies and small shops, that can't afford to pay the higher wage.

The big companies on wall street are the ones that will gain all the customers that can't go anywhere else.

And by the way, destroying a Wall Street company, doesn't generally harm the rich as much as it does the poor.

Who was harmed by that? Wall Street? Do you think that? Because I can tell you who was harmed... the employees that worked at the factories that were closed. The pension funds, and 401Ks, and people how had their retirement in GM stock.

Do you think the executives at GM were ruined? Sure they lost their jobs at GM. No question.

But do you think they were hurt? You think Rick Wagoner, the CEO of GM, was harmed by this? Obama asked Rick Wagoner to resign from GM, and he did as part of the bailout. You think he was 'harmed' by this? He had an estimated net worth of $14 Million. He's currently in California running a company that makes charging stations for California EVs.

You think he's suffering horribly? No. When you damage big companies, you only damage yourself, not them. You lose your retirement, and your jobs, and they go off and work elsewhere with their millions.

We can not continue to fall victim of corporate greed and the min wage debate...these ppl have made trillions off the backs of hard working americans and its time they give a little back in livable wages....We shipped all our good paying jobs off shore and nobody whined about that did they? If companies refuse to stay, than boycott they're ass and keep it moving....but wages should go up 15 and hour and not just here in the US, but across the globe, all these hard working slaves should be paid a decent wage.

THEY SAID THE SAME THINGS ABOUT CIGERETTES....RAISE THE PRICE AND PPL WILL STOP SMOKING....YEAH RIGHT

0.o

Are you implying that people have not stopped smoking?

View attachment 452622

I know people personally, who stopped smoking exclusively because it was expensive.
In this economy, yeah I can see that
"this economy"? That graph goes back to the 1950s. Which economy was different in that graph?

10 Billionaires Made Enough Money During The Pandemic To Vaccinate The Entire World
They could save millions from poverty with what’s left over, according to a new Oxfam report on inequality and the coronavirus.
By Amanda Schupak

They deserve to fail

We can not continue to fall victim of corporate greed and the min wage debate...these ppl have made trillions off the backs of hard working americans and its time they give a little back in livable wages....We shipped all our good paying jobs off shore and nobody whined about that did they? If companies refuse to stay, than boycott they're ass and keep it moving....but wages should go up 15 and hour and not just here in the US, but across the globe, all these hard working slaves should be paid a decent wage.
Andy doesn't really care. Never has, never will. He gets paid to pretend care. Or not. Either way, that's his schtick. Fake knows.

One of the things a lot of people miss with this topic is the unintended consequences...

I work in a Union environment. If the $10 an hour call center operators get an upgrade to $15 an hour then my $40 an hour job (4x the Operator pay) has to go up to $60 an hour. Imagine what that would require the company to do with our electric rates (I work for a utility company).

They deserve to fail

That's fine.... but just understand that if every business that deserves to fail, fails, then you will have mass unemployment and a great depression.

The people in Greece, said the same thing, which is why they had a minimum wage that was tied to inflation, and the result was the entire country imploded.

Guess what they did? They cut the minimum wage. Guess what happened? Unemployment in the 30% range, started to fall.

See you seem to be operating under the strange idea that if all the companies that can't pay $15/hour fail... then all those unemployed people will just magically find jobs that pay $15/hour. No. That's not how it works. If your labor isn't worth $15/hours, then you just stay unemployed.

You can mandate a minimum wage, sure. But you can't mandate that customers pay $15/hour for labor that isn't worth $15/hours. Thus those people just.... don't have a job.
Save me the drama

Minimum wage has been increased for 80 years. Business survived, the market adjusted.

We have not increased the wage in eleven years. Low wage workers have suffered. They have used debt to replace wages that haven kept up with inflation
biden made a promise, he best keep it...WAGES NEED TO GO UP AND IF BUSINESS WANT TO LEAVE...BYE!!

If business want to leave.... then your wages don't go up, do they? Bye?

Did you miss what happened in Venezuela when they made the same demands on business there?

View attachment 452635

Do you really want to be eating out of the garbage?
Dont let them rule you with fear. They know that fear of loss is the most power mind control they can muster. There is no right to go into business if you cant afford the permits required to open your business and that goes for people that cant or wont pay the $15 and hour minimum wage.

Keep the min wage where it is. But don't expect a good work ethic for it. Productivity is purely tied to wage.

One of the things a lot of people miss with this topic is the unintended consequences...

I work in a Union environment. If the $10 an hour call center operators get an upgrade to $15 an hour then my $40 an hour job (4x the Operator pay) has to go up to $60 an hour. Imagine what that would require the company to do with our electric rates (I work for a utility company).
" has to go up to $60 "

Nothing has to go up because someone else got a raise. That can always be renegotiated.

Yes you are correct. They pay 7.25 per hour and believe someone should work hard for it. Or they complain it's hard to find good help in the greatest workforce with the greatest workers in the world by far.

Good luck with that. I will bet you do not get an automatic $20/hr raise.

They deserve to fail

Exactly!

Who cares if unskilled workers can never find a first time job?
Who cares if po black folk don't have decent food available near their homes?

Fuck all y'all, eh?
Who cares if Kroger workers have to borrow $10,000 a year to pay for college because Kroger wont pay a wage over $7.25?

Who cares if the taxpayer has to subsidize the food and housing of that struggling black family because Kroger won’t pay over $7.25 an hour?
No one expects the breadwinner of the family to stay at MW for very long. Why do you assume a black man with college aged kids is still working at MW and can't get a better job? That sounds racist to me.
You whites need to get with black reality......black people have to work twice as hard for room at the table and too often is paid less than whites. I got the reciepts and I know what I'm talking about. Stop assuming shit unless you walk in our shoes.
I don't assume that a black man can't rise above MW. That would be racist. Are you saying that a black man trying to take care of his family can't do better than MW?

They deserve to fail

Save me the drama

We have sold out the working class for too long

We just gave business a 40 percent tax cut but they cry poverty if they have to give their lowest paid workers a pay increase after 12 years

The first time the minimum wage was introduced by the feds the hue and cry from business owners was that it would ruin them..that they would have to lay off workers in order to afford it, that it would be a disaster for the economy. That was back in 1938 when FDR raised it to .25 cents an hour.
A legacy issue? It used to be about "screwing over blacks as former slaves" and turned into screwing over the poor. Right wingers seem to love to "hate on the Poor" with a Passion.
I don't hate the poor. I hate, despise the self righteous bastards that want to help the poor make poverty more comfortable.

They deserve to fail
What about the people working for him that lose their jobs?

" has to go up to $60 "

Nothing has to go up because someone else got a raise. That can always be renegotiated.

If you think the linemen and engineers are going to take what is effectively a pay cut relative to call center employees you’ve never been around utility workers.

Forum List

Back