sick NBA trade: what are the Cavs doing? giving up young Finnish sensation blonde bombshell Lauri Markkanen for the overrated Donovan Mitchell

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Lauri has been huge in Eurobasket putting up big numbers for Finland 30+ points per game...Donovan doesn't get those numbers

Lauri has been huge in Eurobasket putting up big numbers for Finland 30+ points per game...Donovan doesn't get those numbers

2017 NBA draft, he was taken by the Minnesota Timberwolves

How come I haven't even heard of him? He's been in the league for 5 plus years?

He sucks, when you consider what he was expected to be...

.....that is why they were willing to trade him if it meant getting Donovan.....

And if Donovan played in the Euros, he would be averaging 50 a game...stop being dumb.

• Banned
He sucks, when you consider what he was expected to be...

.....that is why they were willing to trade him if it meant getting Donovan.....

And if Donovan played in the Euros, he would be averaging 50 a game...stop being dumb.
just 50? why not 150! lol Donovan's teammate Jordan Clarkson played on the Philipinnes national team and got outplayed by my homie Wael Arakji a LEBANESE player and Lebanon won and qualified to the world cup

2017 NBA draft, he was taken by the Minnesota Timberwolves

How come I haven't even heard of him? He's been in the league for 5 plus years?

Because he is a low point scorer in the NBA. His job is to be tall. That is pretty much it. We had a 6' 11" Finnish center when I was in college. He couldn't play for crap other than snag rebounds or jump higher.

Because he is a low point scorer in the NBA. His job is to be tall. That is pretty much it. We had a 6' 11" Finnish center when I was in college. He couldn't play for crap other than snag rebounds or jump higher.

I bet Lebron goes to Cleveland in a year or two.

They were saying Cleveland is going to be good/trouble for other teams in the east. Perhaps they don't need Lebron.

I was thinking about this thread last night. What would we be saying about Cleveland today if this trade didn't happen? Nothing. We would not consider them in the talks. Today we are. So clearly it was a good trade. This Finnish guy might make a good addition to another team but he wasn't making an impact in Cleveland. It would have been nice to keep him too but that wasn't probably an option.

No one was talking about Chauncey Billups until he went to the Pistons. He bounced around a lot. Rip Hamilton was good in Washington but a perfect fit for Detroit. Teyshaun Prince was a skinny young guy. Who the fuck was he? But he played his role. Then we had one track minded Ben Wallace who only cared about rebound. Then the final necessary piece. Rasheed Wallace. What a great team.

The Cavs are now in the conversation.

They were saying Cleveland is going to be good/trouble for other teams in the east. Perhaps they don't need Lebron.

I was thinking about this thread last night. What would we be saying about Cleveland today if this trade didn't happen? Nothing. We would not consider them in the talks. Today we are. So clearly it was a good trade. This Finnish guy might make a good addition to another team but he wasn't making an impact in Cleveland. It would have been nice to keep him too but that wasn't probably an option.

No one was talking about Chauncey Billups until he went to the Pistons. He bounced around a lot. Rip Hamilton was good in Washington but a perfect fit for Detroit. Teyshaun Prince was a skinny young guy. Who the fuck was he? But he played his role. Then we had one track minded Ben Wallace who only cared about rebound. Then the final necessary piece. Rasheed Wallace. What a great team.

The Cavs are now in the conversation.
Cleveland is one of those teams, and really one of those cities, where it seems like there are a lot of hard core well-heeled money men fans who can make things happen behind the scenes. That community has an underdog, we don't get no respect mentality. I never really rule anything in or out with them. They are still trying to prove to the world they aren't the Mistake on the Lake.

Cleveland is one of those teams, and really one of those cities, where it seems like there are a lot of hard core well-heeled money men fans who can make things happen behind the scenes. That community has an underdog, we don't get no respect mentality. I never really rule anything in or out with them. They are still trying to prove to the world they aren't the Mistake on the Lake.
Dan Gilbert is a God here in Detroit and he owns the Cavs. We wish he owned the Pistons.

We got our championship in 2016.. so the monkey is off our backs.

Should we have won more than 1? Absolutely. It took massive injuries in 2015 (Kyrie and Love out) and an MVP going to a 73 win team to keep us from winning more.

We got our championship in 2016.. so the monkey is off our backs.

Should we have won more than 1? Absolutely. It took massive injuries in 2015 (Kyrie and Love out) and an MVP going to a 73 win team to keep us from winning more.

The Warriors are on a roll nonetheless since losing to Cleveland in 2016 though. I am not sure this one trade is going to reverse your fortunes. If Sealy is right, and the Cavs are dumb enough to pay a mint to to get Lebron back at his age, I am not sure you will see another championship for awhile, but you never know.

The Warriors are on a roll nonetheless since losing to Cleveland in 2016 though. I am not sure this one trade is going to reverse your fortunes. If Sealy is right, and the Cavs are dumb enough to pay a mint to to get Lebron back at his age, I am not sure you will see another championship for awhile, but you never know.
They are, but there's no denial that a once-in-a-lifetime cartel had to take place to deny the Cavs mutliple championships.

As for Lebron coming back to cleveland, I think he'd be semi-welcomed, but it'd be a more "I'll believe it when I see it" taste. Lebron has made a lot of enemies in the sports community due to his lying and political rhetoric, so he's a polarizing figure.

I believe Piston fans are like Bulls fans and wish they had different owners!
That was great Joe Dumar was able to put a championship team together in 2004. They should have repeated. They would have except for the NBA finals were rigged back then. We know this guy cheated

1662559447059.png

What people don't know is that so did this guy

1662559474799.png

Unless you believe during the most critical times at the end of the NBA finals he honestly threw the ball a way a bunch of times, threw up air balls, charged and turned over the ball, fouled, traveled.

I wouldn't have realized he was throwing the game but my buddy told me after game 1 or 2 to pay attention to how he was playing. And god damned if he wasn't throwing the games. But what's the coach supposed to do? Take out Mr. Big Shot? So they left him in. They should have pulled him and put in Mike James

1662559631667.png

Forum List

Back