At least 71 shot, 9 fatally

Right.

And we should hold gun stores accountable when they sell to crazy people civilly.
Most nutty people are able to act normal when they need to. Also, most nutty people are actually quite harmless.

The largest group of gun 'victims' are suicides, and while some cases are quite problematic most are understandable based on the history of the individual. Interestingly more women are choosing guns to commit suicide. This means they are bypassing the 'call for help' attempts and opting for finality.

Like most important matters neither the public nor lawmakers have enough factual information to make good decisions about gun violence. All data is immediately handed over to statisticians who fashion it into confusing gobbledygook that no one can understand.

Most nutty people are able to act normal when they need to. Also, most nutty people are actually quite harmless.

The largest group of gun 'victims' are suicides, and while some cases are quite problematic most are understandable based on the history of the individual. Interestingly more women are choosing guns to commit suicide. This means they are bypassing the 'call for help' attempts and opting for finality.

So if we start doing background checks, with people who know them, they will pick out the crazies or even the slightly suicidal.

Like most important matters neither the public nor lawmakers have enough factual information to make good decisions about gun violence. All data is immediately handed over to statisticians who fashion it into confusing gobbledygook that no one can understand.

So let's do a complete study.

Tally up all gun deaths.

Suicides 23,000
Accidents - 800
Murders - Gang related - about 2000
Police killings. About 1000
Murder - Justified Homicide (not including police) about 200.
Murder - other street crime ????
Murder - Domestic violence ????

The last two are the really good question. If it's mostly domestic, then the arguments for guns being needed for protection kind of fall flat.

So if we start doing background checks, with people who know them, they will pick out the crazies or even the slightly suicidal.

So let's do a complete study.

Tally up all gun deaths.

Suicides 23,000
Accidents - 800
Murders - Gang related - about 2000
Police killings. About 1000
Murder - Justified Homicide (not including police) about 200.
Murder - other street crime ????
Murder - Domestic violence ????

The last two are the really good question. If it's mostly domestic, then the arguments for guns being needed for protection kind of fall flat.
A complete study would be a review of the details of each case. That's where the answers lie. Gross statistics are great political talking points but are of little value in policy making. That's why we don't really have effective policies to address gun violence.

A complete study would be a review of the details of each case. That's where the answers lie. Gross statistics are great political talking points but are of little value in policy making. That's why we don't really have effective policies to address gun violence.
We don't have effective policies because the NRA fights even the most common sense legislation tooth and nail.

Illinois doesn't have strict gun laws. I wish we did.
LMAO! Your state is #3 after California and New York for "strength of gun control"!
If that's not enough for you, you should leave the U.S. altogether and try China or Korea.

LMAO! Your state is #3 after California and New York for "strength of gun control"!
If that's not enough for you, you should leave the U.S. altogether and try China or Korea.

Uh, guy, I applied for a FOID card here in IL. Do you know what their "rigorous" gun control was?

They charged me $11.00 and had me fill out a form. And just like that, I have a FOID card.

Compare that to the hundreds of pages of documentation I had to provide to get a home mortgage, apply for my current job, or sponsor my wife for residency in the US.

Forum List

Back