Signups for Official USMB Mafia Game #2

I'll be starting this game sometime tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.

Ha. :D Today.

With 14 players, I think it'd be wise to PM them first just to make sure everyone's set on playing. Then, post & lock the game thread. Then randomize Role PMs and send them out via PM, and have 11/14 players confirm to start the game.

If it isn't too late, I'll give it a try.

Alright. I expect a decent game.

I will send PMs within a few hours. There are some things I need to do first, though.

If you have any questions, please let them fly, and I'll answer them the very best I can.

Thanks for hosting, Wake.

I appreciate your efforts. I especially loved the humor in my death scene.

You did a great job, young'un!

Regards from Rosie

I apologize for the delay. The reason was medical, and I am trying to deal with it.

Posting the game thread soon. :D

Thanks, Avatar. I've learned I'm pre-diabetic, and that even having four pieces of raisin bread can knock me into a coma-like state for 4 hours. No joke. What's odd is that I visited my grandfather a few days ago, and he checked my blood glucose with his own monitoring device, and mine was 122, which he said was relatively good. Eating sugar or glucose knocks me out, like morphine, and I need to avoid it even though cutting it out cold-turkey is extremely difficult. I spent some of the day going on a 10-mile bike ride to try and bolster my health, and am now eating carrots and sweet potatoes to aid in regulating glucose levels.

Alright. I'll be sending out PMs to let everyone know the game is about to begin, and to make sure players are ready to play. Avatar4321 requested to not receive one, so that will be honored. By responding to that PM making sure you're good to go, I'll then randomize and send you your role PM, and once 10/14 Role PMs are confirmed, the gates will open and the game will begin. :badgrin::D:lol:

Hi dblack, I wasn't able to send you a PM. If you're good to go with this game, I'll send you your Role PM shortly. :razz:[MENTION]dblack[/MENTION] Avatar I'll send your Role PM soon, too. ;-)

Last edited:
Thanks, Avatar. I've learned I'm pre-diabetic, and that even having four pieces of raisin bread can knock me into a coma-like state for 4 hours. No joke. What's odd is that I visited my grandfather a few days ago, and he checked my blood glucose with his own monitoring device, and mine was 122, which he said was relatively good. Eating sugar or glucose knocks me out, like morphine, and I need to avoid it even though cutting it out cold-turkey is extremely difficult. I spent some of the day going on a 10-mile bike ride to try and bolster my health, and am now eating carrots and sweet potatoes to aid in regulating glucose levels.

See about getting an A1c test done if you haven't already.

Player List So Far:

R.D.
dblack
Grandma
Manifold
Ropey
Shaitra
Mebelle60
Mertex
CafeAuLait
RosieS
WolfSister77
strollingbones

I'm hoping CK will play again, too. :D [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]

If CK's in we've got 14; 15 if Moonglow joins. [MENTION=30820]Moonglow[/MENTION]

This Setup is going to be more linear. Easier. Less chaotic. One Town, one Scum team. The Scum team will have 3 members this time. :badgrin: Though the bad guy team will be larger, there will only be one possible death each Night. That'll make the game more stable.

Town Cop
Town Doc
Town Jailkeeper
Town Bodyguard
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie

Mafia Godfather
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon

The Town Jailkeeper can target one player at Night, and lock his or her butt up in jail. Meaning, he makes it so that target can't do anything. However, it also makes it so his target can't be killed. It's a Roleblocker, but also a Doctor ability, combined.

The town Bodyguard is a noble soul who will target one other player during each Night, and will take the kill instead if his or her target is attacked by Scum. It's a protective, sacrificial role, and can be very useful.

And... the Godfather. Oh damn. This is the big boss honcho of all Mafiadom. He or she can be investigated, but the Cop will always get a result of 'Innocent." That's how evil and slick the Godfather is. The Goons do his dirty work while sowing confusion and paranoia. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Yes sir, I'm in and thanks for keeping it simple.

As for 'kinks' there should be some guidelines for a players who gets banned or just doesn't participate.
Preferably, I'd like to see them eliminated not replaced.

And dang it, I want an AWESOME death scene this time around! :evil:

PS-one more demand: Please remember the time zones. :) thank you ;)

Last edited:
Role PMs are now being generated and sent.

I've decided to give a very mild flavor to this simple game, which will help me dig up some creative death scenes. :badgrin:

Time zones, ach, I'm not sure about. As in how to handle. That's one challenge in Mafia. I'll go according to central time (because I don't know how to go by other times), for now. Day 1 will also last 10.5 days, to give you all more time to use.

[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]... one question that I thought of during the last game (and, apologies if you've already addressed this):

Is a vote binding as soon as there is a majority? What if someone unvotes before you've officially recognized the majority? The reason I asked is because I noticed a nice strategy opportunity to draw out the scum by watching for them to 'leap' - especially in the later rounds - on a vote that would kill a townie. Is it fair to tempt them into that and then quickly unvote before the Mod recognizes the majority vote? Or is the vote binding as soon as the majority is reached? Am I 'lawyering' this too much?

[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]... one question that I thought of during the last game (and, apologies if you've already addressed this):

Is a vote binding as soon as there is a majority? What if someone unvotes before you've officially recognized the majority? The reason I asked is because I noticed a nice strategy opportunity to draw out the scum by watching for them to 'leap' - especially in the later rounds - on a vote that would kill a townie. Is it fair to tempt them into that and then quickly unvote before the Mod recognizes the majority vote? Or is the vote binding as soon as the majority is reached? Am I 'lawyering' this too much?

As soon as the majority is reached.

BTW There can never be too much lawyering.

As soon as a majority vote is met, that player's fate is sealed.

This is why it's pretty important to take your time in deciding whose neck to snap. :badgrin:

As soon as the majority is reached.

BTW There can never be too much lawyering.

heh... sorry for this 'dis there. But surely you're used to it. ;)

Forum List

Back