Snakes alive! The experts speak.

Instead of poison I think a hefty reward on each python coupled with permission to hunt them with guns, traps and other non environment damaging devices would be worth trying. If the reward is high enough every teenager or young adult who is in need of additional income would be tempted to try.
All methods should be used.

It takes uncommon grit to spend any time at all out in the Everglades. There are few places more unforgiving in America. It's also mind mindbogglingly large with few landmarks.
That's why I believe a poisoning program would be a good option.

How are you going to poison the invasive species without poisoning the native species?
Most species wouldn't be affected, and collateral casualties can be reintroduced.

Last edited:
ALL species would be effected ... how do you poison an environment without killing everything? ... set a little rat poison out and see how many cats and dogs you can murder ...
You poison the snakes, not the environment.

Instead of poison I think a hefty reward on each python coupled with permission to hunt them with guns, traps and other non environment damaging devices would be worth trying. If the reward is high enough every teenager or young adult who is in need of additional income would be tempted to try.
If I'm not mistaken, Florida already has python hunting seasons and offers rewards for certain hauls.

You poison the snakes, not the environment.

If you have your hands on a snake, maybe just kill it then and there ... break it's neck ... stomp it's head ... run all 33 bullets out of your Glock Model 30 semi-auto .45 caliber ...

If the snake is poisoned, then so will be whatever eats the snake ... just like poisoning rats will kill dogs and cats that eat the rats ... your city-slickers don't know nothin' ...

If you have your hands on a snake, maybe just kill it then and there ... break it's neck ... stomp it's head ... run all 33 bullets out of your Glock Model 30 semi-auto .45 caliber ...

If the snake is poisoned, then so will be whatever eats the snake ... just like poisoning rats will kill dogs and cats that eat the rats ... your city-slickers don't know nothin' ...
I think the most common method used in the Everglades is simply a machete.

I think the most common method used in the Everglades is simply a machete.
1678380755438.jpeg

We develop a poisoning method just for the snakes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back