Snakes alive! The experts speak.

An educator understands how an ecosystem works.
So, you understand the devastation that is happening to the ecosystem of the Everglades.

Why not ask your students for some serious ideas. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
So, you understand the devastation that is happening to the ecosystem of the Everglades.

Why would I do that? I am not currently teaching Biology. You really shouldn't need help with this one anyway.

The Everglades Parkway destroyed the Everglades National Park ... today, we're digging out portions of the berm and replacing these spans with bridges ... to allow more water flow ... and so the climate freaks won't be disappointed ...

The problem there isn't snakes .. it's humans ... maybe poison them instead? ...

Instead of poison I think a hefty reward on each python coupled with permission to hunt them with guns, traps and other non environment damaging devices would be worth trying. If the reward is high enough every teenager or young adult who is in need of additional income would be tempted to try.
I'd love to go down there with my 357 on my hip and a coach gun and get a couple hundred pounds of snake hide to sell to a boot manufacturer. Normally I don't get really excited about hunting but that is something that sounds intriguing.

The Everglades Parkway destroyed the Everglades National Park ... today, we're digging out portions of the berm and replacing these spans with bridges ... to allow more water flow ... and so the climate freaks won't be disappointed ...

The problem there isn't snakes .. it's humans ... maybe poison them instead? ...
We could send them some of the fentanyl that's coming across the border. ;)

I'd love to go down there with my 357 on my hip and a coach gun and get a couple hundred pounds of snake hide to sell to a boot manufacturer. Normally I don't get really excited about hunting but that is something that sounds intriguing.
Guns work if the snake is some feet away from you. On the other hand, if you are just walking around not looking for snakes, the snake may FIND YOU.

IF that happens, and you suddenly see it wrapped around your leg 2 or 3 coils, it could be difficult to shoot the snake without shooting yourself. At that point, an effective self-defense weapon could be a large cigarette lighter. A good blast of flame, and it should loosen and go away. If that doesnt work, a small hacksaw will do the job.

You can also unwrap a constrictor snake, starting from the tail side, if it hasn't coiled around you too much yet.

th

Last edited:
Note that one of the greatest threats is the decimation of native species by the Burmese python. Ironically the 'experts' won't use poison to control the snakes because of the 'threat to native species' of the poison (which if severely affected can be easily reintroduced). I guess these experts just like having these snakes around. :omg:

the babes love this python in mu underwear

Guns work if the snake is some feet away from you. On the other hand, if you are just walking around not looking for snakes, the snake may FIND YOU.

IF that happens, and you suddenly see it wrapped around your leg 2 or 3 coils, it could be difficult to shoot the snake without shooting yourself. At that point, an effective self-defense weapon could be a large cigarette lighter. A good blast of flame, and it should loosen and go away. If that doesnt work, a small hacksaw will do the job.

You can also unwrap a constrictor snake, starting from the tail side, if it hasn't coiled around you too much yet.

th
I wasn't talking about.using snake shot. I'm able to hit a basketball sized.object 20 feet away offhand at my best. Not too worried. Not like I'd be traepsing around in the dark in a swamp in Florida by myself at night.

I wasn't talking about.using snake shot. I'm able to hit a basketball sized.object 20 feet away offhand at my best. Not too worried. Not like I'd be traepsing around in the dark in a swamp in Florida by myself at night.
Understood. But these things are spreading quickly, and there's no telling how soon they may get to Tampa (where I am), and start showing up in parks and backyards.

Understood. But these things are spreading quickly, and there's no telling how soon they may get to Tampa (where I am), and start showing up in parks and backyards.
I've been following the trend for a number of years. It's pretty wild! I know they were inviting folks from other states to enjoy open season on them a couple years back.

The problem is that they are required to be killed 'humanely'. This means that the problem will only get worse.

Forum List

Back