Snowden Year One: Has Your Opinion Changed?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2463541/Father-Edward-Snowden-says-NSA-leaker-totally-happy-feels-life-danger-Russia.html

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden is enjoying his new life in Russia and believes he is out of danger, his father Lon claimed on today.
'He feels safe here and totally happy,' said Snowden senior as he left Moscow after an 'emotional' reunion with his controversial 'whistleblower' son.
'He is grateful to Russia, and admits that he imagined it to be a very different country.'

Go Russia!

I've had 2 family members deployed since his treason. They were in more danger because of him.

And Mr. Snowden's off doing celebrity interviews.

Fuck 'im.
“I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.”
Maj. General Smedley Butler USMC

Smedley Butler would love Russia if he were alive today!

I've had 2 family members deployed since his treason. They were in more danger because of him.

Fuck 'im.
“I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.”
No one that I've read has ever said it better than Butler:

"The World War, rather our brief participation in it, has cost the United States some $52,000,000,000. Figure it out. That means $400 to every American man, woman, and child. And we haven't paid the debt yet.

"We are paying it, our children will pay it, and our children's children probably still will be paying the cost of that war.

"The normal profits of a business concern in the United States are six, eight, ten, and sometimes twelve percent.

"But war-time profits -- ah! that is another matter -- twenty, sixty, one hundred, three hundred, and even eighteen hundred per cent -- the sky is the limit.

"All that traffic will bear.

"Uncle Sam has the money. Let's get it.

War Is A Racket, by Major General Smedley Butler, 1935

I am ten times more proud of Snowden today than I was a year ago. I am so happy for him and his new life in Russia. Gerard Depardieu is also happy he left France for a better life in Russia.

I am ten times more proud of Snowden today than I was a year ago. I am so happy for him and his new life in Russia. Gerard Depardieu is also happy he left France for a better life in Russia.

Another commie sucking the Russian teat

Fucking Idiot!

Edward+Snowden+(29),+American+patriot,+CIA+technician,+Booz+Allen+Hamilton+NSA+PRISM+Whistleblower.+%231ab..jpg

Fuck 'im.

Smedley Butler would love Russia if he were alive today!
Not as much as the du Ponts

"Take our friends the du Ponts, the powder people -- didn't one of them testify before a Senate committee recently that their powder won the war?

"Or saved the world for democracy?

"Or something? How did they do in the war? They were a patriotic corporation.

"Well, the average earnings of the du Ponts for the period 1910 to 1914 were $6,000,000 a year.

"It wasn't much, but the du Ponts managed to get along on it.

"Now let's look at their average yearly profit during the war years, 1914 to 1918.

"Fifty-eight million dollars a year profit we find!

"Nearly ten times that of normal times, and the profits of normal times were pretty good.

"An increase in profits of more than 950 per cent.

War Is A Racket, by Major General Smedley Butler, 1935

Father of Edward Snowden says the NSA leaker is 'totally happy' and 'feels that his life is out of danger' in Russia | Mail Online

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden is enjoying his new life in Russia and believes he is out of danger, his father Lon claimed on today.
'He feels safe here and totally happy,' said Snowden senior as he left Moscow after an 'emotional' reunion with his controversial 'whistleblower' son.
'He is grateful to Russia, and admits that he imagined it to be a very different country.'

Go Russia!
"We're hearing about GCHQ, which is the U.K. equivalent of the NSA.

"They're going into the fiber optic cables, the oversea cables, undersea cables, fiber optic.

"They take all of the material in that goes through the internet, and they're able to--you know, there's maybe 14 of those cables, there may be 30 of them, I don't know, but they're able to get into those cables and take in everything.

"And it's not just the U.K.--it's not just the U.S., it's the U.K.

"It's what they call the Five Eyes, which are the English-speaking bigger countries, which are U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, and those are the Five Eyes. Some people have said there are antennae [incompr.] look at it as the five eyes on a bug.

"Their antennae are Sweden, they're Israel, some other countries that closely collaborate with the Five Eyes..."

One Year of Snowden Leaks

Looks like the NSA is as popular as ever, doing thousands of times a day what used to be considered illegal. And the people are more upset with the messenger. Have Snowdon come here and stand trial some say. They'd have him incarcerated for years while politicians decide about a trial. He'd probably get the Manning treatment in the meanwhile. Stripped naked with a light on 24 hours a day or something like that. I know how whistle blowers are treated. Look what they did to Manning.

Last edited:
Looks like the NSA is as popular as ever, doing thousands of times a day what used to be considered illegal. And the people are more upset with the messenger. Have Snowdon come here and stand trial some say. They'd have him incarcerated for years while politicians decide about a trial. He'd probably get the Manning treatment in the meanwhile. Stripped naked with a light on 24 hours a day or something like that. I know how whistle blowers are treated. Look what they did to Manning.
Manning and Snowden serve as examples of what to expect if you confront the surveillance state's wholesale intrusion into our lives and destruction of our right to privacy. Any state with the capacity to monitor all its citizens is totalitarian. When a movement rises to confront our corporate masters, that's when we'll see this system of total control go into overdrive.

Chris Hedges writes a lot on this subject, and he saw it first hand as a journalist covering East Germany during the Cold War:

"I saw evil of this kind as a reporter in the Stasi state of East Germany.

"I was followed by men, invariably with crew cuts and wearing leather jackets, whom I presumed to be agents of the Stasi—the Ministry for State Security, which the ruling Communist Party described as the 'shield and sword' of the nation.

"People I interviewed were visited by Stasi agents soon after I left their homes. My phone was bugged.

"Some of those I worked with were pressured to become informants.

"Fear hung like icicles over every conversation.

The Stasi did not set up massive death camps and gulags. It did not have to.

"The Stasi, with a network of as many as 2 million informants in a country of 17 million, was everywhere.

"There were 102,000 secret police officers employed full time to monitor the population—one for every 166 East Germans.

"The Nazis broke bones; the Stasi broke souls.

"The East German government pioneered the psychological deconstruction that torturers and interrogators in America’s black sites, and within our prison system, have honed to a gruesome perfection."

It IS happening here.

Chris Hedges: The Last Gasp of American Democracy - Chris Hedges - Truthdig

I still think the guy is a traitor and asshole that deserves to be prosecuted and if found guilty, fully punished. It would be negligent if the NSA didn't do what they are doing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkxpu3gLI3g]Judge Napolitano: We Should be 'Grateful' to NSA Leaker Edwards Snowden - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbGyhzMF5s]Judge Napolitano: The Government Violated Same Statute It's Attempting To Prosecute Snowden For - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggaRwE5odDc]Judge Napolitano: Impossible for Snowden To Get A Fair Trial - full Latest News - YouTube[/ame]

I still think the guy is a traitor and asshole that deserves to be prosecuted and if found guilty, fully punished. It would be negligent if the NSA didn't do what they are doing.
Do you think the private for-profit corporations serving as sub-contractors to the NSA represent a threat to your liberty or privacy?

Forum List

Back