So How Does a Governor Get the Power to Suspend the Bill of Rights?

I am just amazed at all the presumption by blue state governors. Like how does Michigan ban planting seeds?

Where the fuck does Michigan ban planting seeds?

Linkity Link?
If you can't buy seeds you can't plant them

This is not linkety link.
There is no linkety link for a ban planting seeds in Michigan
The governor banned buying seeds not planting them

Yeah I don't believe that either, so again same question. Linky link?

So how do you plant annuals if you cant buy the seeds?

Now, I agree that she did not ban ALL sales of seeds, as you can buy online, and then wait for weeks for the seeds to arrive. I do some gardening and I know this for a fact.\

But of course there is a lot more loonery from the goobernator on this lockdown emergency order that goes to infinity apparently.

It’s hard for Damon Glei, owner of Glei’s Orchards and Greenhouses in Hillsdale, to determine where his 103-year-old business fits into Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s extended stay-at-home order.
He farms and sells food products, but also grows and sells plants. Does that make him one of the industries identified by the state and federal government as essential and allowed to stay open?
Or is he a retailer barred from selling gardening supplies under Whitmer’s expanded order Thursday?
“We asked the governor’s office, and they wouldn’t give us any direction. We can’t get any direction from the Michigan Department of Agriculture,” Glei said.
The Michigan Farm Bureau advised him not to sell plants, but after consulting with lawyers, he’s decided to stay open, limiting the number of customers in the store and offering curbside pickup....
Glei is among many Michigan retailers and customers who said they are confused about how to comply with the order and frustrated with a lack of guidance from the state over the weekend.
The governor’s office has released an extensive FAQ addressing some questions raised by the order, which lasts until month’s end.
For instance, residents can:
  • Go kayaking, boating, sailing or canoeing, but not in a motorized pontoon boat or anything that would require a trip to a gas station.
    • Mow their own lawn, but not hire someone else to do it.
    • Travel to care for an elderly relative, but not to visit friends or go to second homes.
    • Go for a walk in a park, but not go golfing.
    • Attend church and, despite confusion on social media, buy a car seat for a child.
“I recognize that there are a lot of passionate gardeners in Michigan, and I’ve heard from a lot of you,” Whitmer said during a news conference Monday, noting that peak retail season is still a few weeks away.
“Right now, my immediate concern is trying to keep everyone in Michigan safe.”
Whitmer said she understands the frustration over social distancing rules.
“It’s OK to be frustrated, it’s OK to be angry, and if it makes you feel better to direct it at me, that’s OK too, I’ve got thick skin,” Whitmer said.

So Whitmer doesnt even deny the draconian impact of her paoer grab. She just doesnt really care how it impacts the people of Michigan.

Where does the fed gov't get it's presumed authority?
I mean, really! I've asked several times to have it pointed out to me and not one person has stepped forward.
Emergency powers fall under military powers in the constituttion, Article 2, I believe.

"The General Welfare Clause!!!"
~Communist Shit Twinkle-Toed Cocksuckers
But it does.

I know you anarchists hate the idea of giving up any of your potential toys you will be buried with in order to help your fellow Americans, but as they say Eat Shit, go fuck yourself.

I am just amazed at all the presumption by blue state governors. Like how does Michigan ban planting seeds? How does that affect the spread of COVID19? How is this anything other than a goobernator power tripping?

And look at California's goobernor Gavin declaring that the state wont comer out of lock down until their is a vaccine for COVID19? When have we ever had a successful vaccine for a coronavirus?

Newsom: California ‘Not Going Back to Normal’ Until We Have a Vaccine

Emergency powers are not a blank check to overthrow the US Constitution, broskis.

None of our rights are absolute.

Emergency powers fall under military powers in the constituttion, Article 2, I believe.
I want exact words- not a reference.

In "reference" to military powers- note Military is key. All else is interpretation- period.

Unless/until Martial Law is enacated then Military Power, in this case, is immaterial.

That said, what State constitution, or federal interpretation, "grants" the autority to determine one is essential over another?

Gavin Newsom is not due for reelection until November of 2022.
So it seems like California is screwed for at least two more years.
What does the citizenry plan on doing? California used to lead the nation with voter
approved referendums.
How long has it been since they had the guts to try that?

I am just amazed at all the presumption by blue state governors. Like how does Michigan ban planting seeds?

Linkity Link?

What link are you looking for? Are we playing this game again, Pogo?

Linkity Link?

Apparently we're playing the game of "Fake Ike scours the internets to find old posts of mine to whine about since I exposed him in recent ones". It's kind of sad.

Linkity Link?

Apparently we're playing the game of "Fake Ike scours the internets to find old posts of mine to whine about since I exposed him in recent ones". It's kind of sad.
You always ask for links and then run away

Linkity Link?

THREE MONTHS AGO? Read dates much?

Linkity Link?

I mean in general your go to is “linkety link” for everything. So if I say the Sun rises in the East do I have to provide a link?

Linkity Link?

I mean in general your go to is “linkety link” for everything. So if I say the Sun rises in the East do I have to provide a link?

I'll let you know at sunrise. :rofl:

Those who make assertions bear the burden of proof. Generally when I invoke Linkety-link it means I know they can't do it.

Linkity Link?

Those who make assertions bear the burden of proof. Generally when I invoke Linkety-link it means I know they can't do it.
I ll drop it after this but I every time provide one and you run away.

Linkity Link?

This not only wasn't your point to back up but it was, again, THREE MONTHS AGO.

Linkity Link?

This not only wasn't your point to back up but it was, again, THREE MONTHS AGO.

"Disagree"? So you're saying it was your post I challenged?

Let's see. The name on the post I quoted was "JimBowie1958". You have two USMB accounts?

I am just amazed at all the presumption by blue state governors. Like how does Michigan ban planting seeds? How does that affect the spread of COVID19? How is this anything other than a goobernator power tripping?

And look at California's goobernor Gavin declaring that the state wont comer out of lock down until their is a vaccine for COVID19? When have we ever had a successful vaccine for a coronavirus?

Newsom: California ‘Not Going Back to Normal’ Until We Have a Vaccine

Emergency powers are not a blank check to overthrow the US Constitution, broskis.
I covered this back in March in the Stay Informed thread.

You should stay informed man! :113:

Episode 373 – Medical Martial Law 2020 : The Corbett Report

SHOW NOTES
Episode 086 – Medical Martial Law

The Model State Emergency Health Powers Act

An Internal Pandemic Document Shows the Coronavirus Gives Trump Extraordinary Powers

Operations Plan for Pandemic Response

Trudeau announces restrictions on entry into Canada

Trudeau announces Canadians abroad will not be allowed entry to country if they exhibit symptoms of Covid-19

Scenarios for the Future of Technology and International Development (Lock Step Rockefeller Foundation scenario)

Episode 228 – How to Become a Billionaire (and what to do with it)

The Coronavirus and the New World Order. “War is in the Air”

What Bill Gates is afraid of

Ebola reporting on The Corbett Report

The Next Epidemic — Lessons from Ebola by Bill Gates

Operation Dark Winter Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 / Part 4

Trump invokes rare powers to combat coronavirus outbreak he previously downplayed, calling it ‘war

New CDC pandemic quarantine powers enacted

Event 201 Pandemic Exercise: Highlights Reel

About Event 201

Prop Report special report Event 201 Agenda

Event 201 Call to Action (7 recommendations)

Facebook, Reddit, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Twitter and YouTube issue joint statement on misinformation

Facebook “Bug” Blocks News Articles About Covid-19 Pandemic

WHO warns of coronavirus ‘infodemic’ — an epidemic of too much information

Event 201 coronavirus plushies

Politifact “Fact Check” on plushies

Trump taps emergency powers as virus relief plan proceeds

Two temporary hospitals handed over to army medical team in Wuhan

Israeli military enters state of war amid nationwide curfew over COVID19

Italy braces for extended lockdown as COVID-19 death toll surpasses China

National Guard Deployed To Help Contain Coronavirus In NYC Suburb

The #NYCLockdown is About to Begin. Here’s What You Need to Know.

What is martial law?

War, Martial Law, and the Economic Crisis by Peter Dale Scott

What’s the full extent of Trump’s disaster authority? That’s classified, security expert says

Here’s the latest National Guard mobilizations by state

Coronavirus vs. Constitution: What can government stop you from doing in a pandemic?

America’s national security machine stares down a viral threat

U.S. government, tech industry discussing ways to harness location data to combat coronavirus

Israel Joins Totalitarian States Using Coronavirus To Spy On Citizens

Coronavirus: Thousands of armed forces staff could be put on standby over COVID-19 spread

Coronavirus: How the Emergencies Act could help Canada’s struggling economy

New “Emergency Measures” Will Come From The QUARANTINE ACT!! This Is NOT Looking Good For Canada!!!

James Corbett on Macroagressions w/ Charlie Robinson

Forum List

Back