So if those documents were classified...

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
did everyone of those fbi guys have security clearances high enough to allow them seize them?

I have my doubts, which would be a violation of the law

The National Archives had already been in Trump's basement ... the documents themselves were being properly stored ... including cover sheets ... the cover sheet covers all classified information, and we're allowed to write unclassified information on this cover sheet ... in my personal experience working with sensitive classified documents is that the cover sheet is where routing and addressee information is placed ...

The answer is "yes" ... specific agents with TS clearance would have been designated handle the classified documents, and these agents promised not to be curious and look under the cover sheet ... that's always been good enough ...

It's less about clearance and everything to do with "need to know" ...

The National Archives had already been in Trump's basement ... the documents themselves were being properly stored ... including cover sheets ... the cover sheet covers all classified information, and we're allowed to write unclassified information on this cover sheet ... in my personal experience working with sensitive classified documents is that the cover sheet is where routing and addressee information is placed ...

The answer is "yes" ... specific agents with TS clearance would have been designated handle the classified documents, and these agents promised not to be curious and look under the cover sheet ... that's always been good enough ...

It's less about clearance and everything to do with "need to know" ...
The contract i had to sign when i left the army about what i knew I see routinely violated in movies like War Games, and Under Seige.

did everyone of those fbi guys have security clearances high enough to allow them seize them?

I have my doubts, which would be a violation of the law
Doubt that applies to law enforcement. That would be like saying cops can't confiscate drugs because it is illegal to possess them.

The contract i had to sign when i left the army about what i knew I see routinely violated in movies like War Games, and Under Seige.

I signed the same document ... all my fantasies are unclassified .... I'm lying when I say I fought alongside Major Oliver North ... never fired an M-60 in Managua ...

Then you already knew about cover sheets, proper storage facilities and declassification procedures ... and you also know about the FBI's right to handle these documents while under National Archive supervision ...

I've seen War Games ... [giggle] ... it wasn't filmed inside Cheyenne Mountain ... not sure why you think it was, or that the movie revealed any classified information ...

I happily defended Hillary four years ago, I guess I'm stuck defending Donald ... he had a right to declassify those documents, but it appears he didn't materially declassify them ... DoD regulations are strict, if the document says it's classify, then it is to be treated as classified ... I have a document here in my hand that was once classified ... across the top and bottom in big red letters it says "CONFIDENTIAL" ... through this word is a big black line, and below this stamped in blue "For Official Use Only" with the name of the person who reviewed the information, and the regulation that says the document can be declassified ... BTW it was a FOIA request ...

Both are hand-slapping offenses ... if they've both learned their lesson, then I can move on without much worry ...

The difference is it was Donald who raised his right hand on January 2017, and swore to turn over to the National Archives all the documents associated with his term as President ... this is government property, not Donald's ... thus the court order sending the FBI in to take the documents ... no different if Donald still held Air Force One ...

Forum List

Back