So....Kenosha showed that "mandatory training," is simply another anti-gun tactic to make it harder to own guns...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
From another thread.......someone ( Flash ) pointed out the fact that under intense pressure, injured and under imminent threat of physical harm, having been kicked in the face, been hit in the head with a skateboard twice....Kyle managed to effectively use his AR-15 rifle to stop 4 violent criminals from injuring or killing him....

With little to no training with that rifle...........

Guns are rocket science, but not rocket science to use in self defense.......

From another thread.......someone ( Flash ) pointed out the fact that under intense pressure, injured and under imminent threat of physical harm, having been kicked in the face, been hit in the head with a skateboard twice....Kyle managed to effectively use his AR-15 rifle to stop 4 violent criminals from injuring or killing him....

With little to no training with that rifle...........

Guns are rocket science, but not rocket science to use in self defense.......

I suspect Kyle was into paintball or airsoft and definitely into video game shooters. That being said, I used to play paintball with several of my younger brother's friends when home on leave from the Army. I'd had years of weapons training by that point. Even so some of those paintball kids really gave me a run for my money. While I do not believe in state mandated firearms training as a prerequisite to owning firearms, I stand firm in the belief everyone should have some level of basic firearm handling training before jumping into the deep end, even its just hunter safety or something similar.

I suspect Kyle was into paintball or airsoft and definitely into video game shooters. That being said, I used to play paintball with several of my younger brother's friends when home on leave from the Army. I'd had years of weapons training by that point. Even so some of those paintball kids really gave me a run for my money. While I do not believe in state mandated firearms training as a prerequisite to owning firearms, I stand firm in the belief everyone should have some level of basic firearm handling training before jumping into the deep end, even its just hunter safety or something similar.

I also believe in having as much training as you can afford .......but not mandatory training...the countries of Europe use mandatory training as a tool to keep normal people from owning guns..their requirements for training are so extreme only the rich and politically connected have the time and money, or connections, to pass them....

WTF are you talking about?

This...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...b6bce2-b78b-11e4-bc30-a4e75503948a_story.html

In contrast with the free-firing United States, Europe is generally seen as a haven from serious gun violence. Here in Denmark, handguns and semiautomatic rifles are all but banned.

Hunting rifles are legally available only to those with squeaky-clean backgrounds who have passed a rigorous exam covering everything from gun safety to the mating habits of Denmark’s wildlife.

“There’s a book about 1,000 pages thick,” said Tonni Rigby, one of only two licensed firearms dealers in Copenhagen. “You have to know all of it.”

But if you want an illicit assault rifle, such as the one used by a 22-year-old to rake a Copenhagen cafe with 28 bullets on Saturday, all it takes are a few connections and some cash.

“It’s very easy to get such a weapon,” said Hans Jorgen Bonnichsen, a former operations director for the Danish security service PET. “It’s not only a problem for Denmark. It’s a problem for all of Europe.”

Forum List

Back