So, Marvel Comics(Hollywood) is turning CAPTAIN AMERICA into a bad guy. Claiming he ALWAYS WAS.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

I know. Just a comic. Of course, of course.

You all know and understand how propaganda works? Good. Think it may have bad affects on the minds of impressionable kids?

Naaahh.

Liberals suck.

Captain America's been torn apart
He's a court jester with a broken heart
I said, turn me around turn me back to the start
I must be losing my mind, are you blind?
I've seen it all millions of times.

Marvel comics is so "open-minded" when it coknes to sociopolitical things that Stan Lee's brain fell out a couple decades ago. Thsts why I used to prefer the DC comics universe, but even thst has been talking apart recently in a rush for Hollywood glory and dollars.

Okay, first I would ask if this is part of the regular continuity of the Marvel Universe, or if this something like "Marvel Zombies", where they were just creating an alternative telling of the story. I'm guessing it's closer to the latter.

Of course, comics do all sorts of stupid things, because that's the part of the industry no one is paying any attention to anymore. The X-men have killed off most of the more popular characters, they kill off key characters and bring them back to life with regularity that would make Jesus say, "Really?"

The real money for DC and Marvel are in the movies and merchandising.

JoeB, it's my understanding thst this is as mainline as the current, female, Thor character.

JoeB, it's my understanding thst this is as mainline as the current, female, Thor character.

again, sounds like the comic book end of it they are just doing what they feel like, because there's no money in it.

This is old news. Literally it's been months since it came out that Cap was a Hydra agent.

BTW, Stan Lee has nothing to do with what Marvel writers do nowadays. None, nadda, zilch, zero.

Forum List

Back