So the Anti-Death Penalty Left Feels that the "go to sleep" juice that...

Not to mention that he and Roderick Nunley, the other Example of a Load that should have been Swallowed, are both Black...

The 15 year old girl waiting for her School Bus that they Kidnapped, Raped and Stabbed to Death was White...

They are really little more than Victims of Slavery and a Culture that has Forced them into that Life.

They aren't Guilty of anything.

That 15 year old Girl was Guilty of having it good on the backs of all the Blacks that came before, including the MILLIONS that were thrown overboard from the Slave Ships.

Get it?...

:)

peace...

I have no problem throwing this guy in prison for the rest of his life.

I have a problem executing people when 143 people sent to death row were eventually released because someone else did it.

I have no problem throwing this guy in prison for the rest of his life.

I have a problem executing people when 143 people sent to death row were eventually released because someone else did it.

There isn't even an argument... From the Defense... That that these (2) Kidnapped, Raped and Murdered a 15 year old girl.

You can put aside your Absurd Concerns that are Based in the System actually working.

Now give me a list of the people in the last 20 years who were ACTUALLY Executed that were Proven Innocent after the Fact. :thup:

peace...

Not the point I was trying to make.

We shouldn't execute anyone, because it serves no purpose other than a vicarious desire for revenge. It doesn't deter crime, it doesn't cost less than incarceration.

And there's alway the possibility you'll get the wrong guy.

We shouldn't execute anyone, because it serves no purpose other than a vicarious desire for revenge. It doesn't deter crime, it doesn't cost less than incarceration.

I think that it most certainly is a deterrent at least for a percentage of people out there, and arguably more a deterrent than life in prison.

People always say they'd rather die than sit in prison, but on a deeper level I really don't think so. Humans have a primal, instinctive fear of death.

I think that it most certainly is a deterrent at least for a percentage of people out there, and arguably more a deterrent than life in prison.

People always say they'd rather die than sit in prison, but on a deeper level I really don't think so. Humans have a primal, instinctive fear of death.
True, almost all fight tooth and nail to stay alive knowing that they will spend the rest of their lives in prison if not executed.

And Prison isn't exactly "Punishment" in the First World...

Workout facilities...

Television...

Internet...

Education...

There is an entirely different World inside the Walls...

I'd suggest that there is a portion of Society who have it better in Prison than they do on the Streets from where they came. :thup:

peace...

The state should not hold the power to kill it's citizens as punishment/vengeance for crimes. I am amazed at the so-called libertarians that hold capital punishment to not only be righteous but are happy when it occurs.

It could very easily cost a LOT less than Incarceration...

If you have a video of someone Torturing, Raping and Killing then I don't believe an extended "appeals" process is needed.

As for it not be a deterrent... Prove that.

peace...

The state should not hold the power to kill it's citizens as punishment/vengeance for crimes. I am amazed at the so-called libertarians that hold capital punishment to not only be righteous but are happy when it occurs.

Why not? Who should hold that power? Should you be able to kill free of consequence, or if caught have a streamlined and provided for life for the rest of your existence?

"should not"... Why?

peace...

By the way, the jury is of your peers, not "of the state," so a conviction with the possibility of the death penalty is still in the hands of the jury before the sentencing of the elected or appointed judge

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Workout facilities...

Television...

Internet...

Education...

I'd suggest that there is a portion of Society who have it better in Prison than they do on the Streets from where they came. :thup:

peace...

Dream on. Have you ever been in prison to witness this 'good life'?

You can't point to one person Executed in the last 20 years that has later been Proven to be Innocent?...

peace...

More people fear public speaking than death. Perhaps we should make them give speeches in front of audiences for the rest of their lives.

Workout facilities...

Television...

Internet...

Education...

peace...

Dream on. Have you ever been in prison to witness this 'good life'?

Not all prisons are like the ones you see on TV.

Some are, but even then the folks are "cliqued up" and typically have a common-law that they follow. Guards are also more and more vigilant against the gang fights and such because of the media hype surrounding prison life, having been sensationalized.

More people fear public speaking than death. Perhaps we should make them give speeches in front of audiences for the rest of their lives.

They're using an expression, otherwise they'd just off themselves before that 11th grade presentation you mighta wet yourself or were sick over.

Why not? Who should hold that power? Should you be able to kill free of consequence, or if caught have a streamlined and provided for life for the rest of your existence?

Nice how all the libertarians turn into statists when this topic comes up. Jail sucks, it sucks every minute you are there. Actually I would not have nearly as much problem with capital punishment if it was only used where guilt is beyond any doubt and handed out evenly across racial/economic lines.

Forum List

Back