So the Anti-Death Penalty Left Feels that the "go to sleep" juice that...

I think that it most certainly is a deterrent at least for a percentage of people out there, and arguably more a deterrent than life in prison.

People always say they'd rather die than sit in prison, but on a deeper level I really don't think so. Humans have a primal, instinctive fear of death.

And Prison isn't exactly "Punishment" in the First World...

Workout facilities...

Television...

Internet...

Education...

There is an entirely different World inside the Walls...

I'd suggest that there is a portion of Society who have it better in Prison than they do on the Streets from where they came. :thup:

:)

peace...

Dream on. Have you ever been in prison to witness this 'good life'?

I have not been Convicted of a Crime or even Charged with one but I have worked on the Public, Military and Private Sector Prison System for over 20 years...

Lancaster was the most recent and before that Leavenworth.

Sorry... Just remembered, I am currently working with the Ute on one of their Facilities here in Southern Colorado... That's the most recent.

Prison is hot food, a bed, free gym, usually a job, an education and access to entertainment.

It is WAY better than even some of the places that kids are raised in in my area in Adams County.

I know exactly how good they have it in Prison compared to where many of them come from.

Their Family and "brothers" and "homies" are there... They mark their bodies with Badges of Honor for how many times they've been in.

Bitch please. :thup:

peace...

It took the state 25 years to end this monster's life on earth.

Now THAT's a crime against humanity.

I think that it most certainly is a deterrent at least for a percentage of people out there, and arguably more a deterrent than life in prison.

People always say they'd rather die than sit in prison, but on a deeper level I really don't think so. Humans have a primal, instinctive fear of death.

More people fear public speaking than death. Perhaps we should make them give speeches in front of audiences for the rest of their lives.

They're using an expression, otherwise they'd just off themselves before that 11th grade presentation you mighta wet yourself or were sick over.

I have no fear if public speaking.

The state should not hold the power to kill it's citizens as punishment/vengeance for crimes. I am amazed at the so-called libertarians that hold capital punishment to not only be righteous but are happy when it occurs.

Why not? Who should hold that power? Should you be able to kill free of consequence, or if caught have a streamlined and provided for life for the rest of your existence?

Nice how all the libertarians turn into statists when this topic comes up. Jail sucks, it sucks every minute you are there. Actually I would not have nearly as much problem with capital punishment if it was only used where guilt is beyond any doubt and handed out evenly across racial/economic lines.

Then we have nothing to talk about. You've a problem with the conviction process, not with the penalty itself.

If jail sucked worse then death, de facto the appeals process would be naught and also all of the "humane" people would FAVOR death over life imprisonment.

Workout facilities...

Television...

Internet...

Education...

I'd suggest that there is a portion of Society who have it better in Prison than they do on the Streets from where they came. :thup:

peace...

Not all prisons are like the ones you see on TV.

Some are, but even then the folks are "cliqued up" and typically have a common-law that they follow. Guards are also more and more vigilant against the gang fights and such because of the media hype surrounding prison life, having been sensationalized.

Hard core murderers are not put into country club prisons.

More people fear public speaking than death. Perhaps we should make them give speeches in front of audiences for the rest of their lives.

They're using an expression, otherwise they'd just off themselves before that 11th grade presentation you mighta wet yourself or were sick over.

I have no fear if public speaking.

I wasn't disparaging you, I meant the universal "you" as referencing those who you referenced are afraid of it.

Some are, but even then the folks are "cliqued up" and typically have a common-law that they follow. Guards are also more and more vigilant against the gang fights and such because of the media hype surrounding prison life, having been sensationalized.

The prison of choice you're sent to is limited by where you reside or where the crime took place.

You don't live and murder someone in NYC and they send you to a California State Prison because it's harder.

Workout facilities...

Television...

Internet...

Education...

peace...

I have not been Convicted of a Crime or even Charged with one but I have worked on the Public, Military and Private Sector Prison System for over 20 years...

Sorry... Just remembered, I am currently working with the Ute on one of their Facilities here in Southern Colorado... That's the most recent.

Prison is hot food, a bed, free gym, usually a job, an education and access to entertainment.

It is WAY better than even some of the places that kids are raised in in my area in Adams County.

I know exactly how good they have it in Prison compared to where many of them come from.

Their Family and "brothers" and "homies" are there... They mark their bodies with Badges of Honor for how many times they've been in.

peace...

Sounds good, like we would all live prison. Anyone I have ever talked to who did time in prison did not care for it. That would be the prisoners' point of view.

Why not? Who should hold that power? Should you be able to kill free of consequence, or if caught have a streamlined and provided for life for the rest of your existence?

Nice how all the libertarians turn into statists when this topic comes up. Jail sucks, it sucks every minute you are there. Actually I would not have nearly as much problem with capital punishment if it was only used where guilt is beyond any doubt and handed out evenly across racial/economic lines.

Then we have nothing to talk about. You've a problem with the conviction process, not with the penalty itself.

If jail sucked worse then death, de facto the appeals process would be naught and also all of the "humane" people would FAVOR death over life imprisonment.

I happen to think nearly everything sucks worse than death. Death is a release, it does not hurt, life hurts, if officially sanctioned vengeance is your thing then death is an easy way out.

The prison of choice you're sent to is limited by where you reside or where the crime took place.

You don't live and murder someone in NYC and they send you to a California State Prison because it's harder.

Yes, New York prisons are posh.

Not the point I was trying to make.

We shouldn't execute anyone, because it serves no purpose other than a vicarious desire for revenge. It doesn't deter crime, it doesn't cost less than incarceration.

And there's alway the possibility you'll get the wrong guy.

That's because it takes so long to execute someone. Years of appeals and all that.

Short, swift, less sweet (and expensive) of a death ... bring back the fire squad or hanging.

Prison is too cushy as well. Bring back the chain gang.

peace...

Sounds good, like we would all live prison. Anyone I have ever talked to who did time in prison did not care for it. That would be the prisoners' point of view.

Being less than desirable does not equal being less desirable..........THAN DEATH

I happen to think nearly everything sucks worse than death. Death is a release, it does not hurt, life hurts, if officially sanctioned vengeance is your thing then death is an easy way out.

Then why are you still here?

Yes, New York prisons are posh.

I could have said any two states to make the point, now you're just being coy instead of having a reciprocal discussion

peace...

And the people I deal with and interact with don't loath it or even fear it like you believe they do... It's a Rite of Passage for MANY...

I deal with DGU here in Denver and my area is #2 to Denver in Gang Activity for the Taskforce.

They do not Prefer Death to Life in Prison... As far as they are Concerned they are Storybook Heroes to their bros if they get Life.

And then they just get accustomed to Prison Life like everyone else.

Going to Jail is a Badge of Honor.

As far as I am Concerned the Maggot that was put to Sleep yesterday would have had a chance to get out because of some Liberal Law being passed down the road and then he would have had access to little girls again.

Now he doesn't. :thup:

peace...

I want to see how it all turns out, the point I was trying to make is perhaps illustrated by the relatively common occurrence of the criminal making the cops shoot him after saying "I am not going back to prison".

Every single Prison has a workout facility, food, a bed and access to education.

This is in FACT more than many of it's Inmates had on the outside.

Buy a fucking clue. :thup:

peace...

I want to see how it all turns out, the point I was trying to make is perhaps illustrated by the relatively common occurrence of the criminal making the cops shoot him after saying "I am not going back to prison".

You watch too many movies. :thup:

That is simply NOT a "relatively common occurrence"... :rofl:

peace...

Forum List

Back