So what did they call it in 1911 when 41,000 died from...

In 1911 41,072 French people died from a heat wave that started in July 1911 to September.. so was it "Climate change"?

Over 80,000 people have died since 1901 from "heat waves" again what did they say the cause was before the MSM's pet word "Climate change" was used!

They called it a "heat wave." They were less aware of (air) pollution than we are. They did not have the chemical/synthetic products that we have.

They did not have the chemical/synthetic products that we have.

But, they did have rivers full of raw sewage and streets ankle deep in horse sh*t.

sanitation-41.jpg

In those days, the internal combustion engine was the "green" technology.

But, they did have rivers full of raw sewage and streets ankle deep in horse sh*t.
I was just thinking about this today. When about did that end???
I was thinking of trying to describe how way back when people would throw their waste water out the window - try that now, and eventually, you are going to be seeing a judge about it.

In 1911 41,072 French people died from a heat wave that started in July 1911 to September.. so was it "Climate change"?

Over 80,000 people have died since 1901 from "heat waves" again what did they say the cause was before the MSM's pet word "Climate change" was used!

In the 1911 heatwave the high temp was 38.5c.
During the current heatwave it is over 40.0c.

Luckily for the people today we have better ways to deal with the heat than we did in 1911.

I was just thinking about this today. When about did that end???
I was thinking of trying to describe how way back when people would throw their waste water out the window - try that now, and eventually, you are going to be seeing a judge about it.

Cars really didn't become ubiquitous in urban centers until the early 1910's, when cars first outnumbered horses on the streets of New York in 1915. Delivery of goods and the uses of trucks over horse haulage didn't become commonplace until the1920's. Before then, it took a veritable army of cleaners to keep up with the amount of horse excrement produced daily by horse-drawn carriages, haulers, and trolleys.

Even into the 1930's most cities and towns still had livery stables (and their associated smells, flies, and rats) in the middle of urban neighborhoods to house and feed the horses used for transport.

In those days, a car, even one belching smoke, must have seemed a very ecologically friendly alternative.

Last edited:
They called it a "heat wave." They were less aware of (air) pollution than we are. They did not have the chemical/synthetic products that we have.
3hNi.gif

Natural polymers, such as cellulose and latex, were first chemically modified in the 19th century to form celluloid and vulcanized rubber. The first totally synthetic polymer, Bakelite, was produced in 1907.

Yeah, one less shovel in the city.

We just spent the last two years terrified that we would all die if we didn't slather ourselves and our belongings with sanitizer.

I'm not sure how we would cope with dozens of truck loads of horse manure on our city streets every day.

We just spent the last two years terrified that we would all die if we didn't slather ourselves and our belongings with sanitizer.

I'm not sure how we would cope with dozens of truck loads of horse manure on our city streets every day.
It stinks, but you'll get used to it and just think all the flies will land there and leave you alone. My great aunt and uncle used it to grow broccoli.

Forum List

Back