soccer ref struck in face by player dies

You're wrong. A sudden jolt can result in bruising of the brain, which can lead to death. Heads are not "strong".

I'm not wrong at all. Possibility is not synonymous with probability. Death from a facial hit is possible, but this isn't about possibility. This is about probability. If what you were saying was true, then bar fights would be a leading cause of death around the world. Also, I would be dead. I've suffered several concussions from ice hockey and skiing... Still here. What you are suggesting is that there is a very fine line between a concussion and death, and this simply isn't true. If this were the case, all contact sports would be outlawed. Boxing would always lead to death. Etc... Your claim is entirely inconsistent with reality.

You're full of shit. Like I said, talk to the people who staff the ER and ask them how 'strong' the human head is.

You're full of shit. Like I said, talk to the people who staff the ER and ask them how 'strong' the human head is.

This would be Hasty Generalization, which you are implying. People go into the ER only when its an emergency, so of course you are going to get the worst cases. Getting hit in the face or even a sports concussion usually never warrants am emergency room visit, ESPECIALLY given how expensive it is.
So any sample size from the ER would not be representative of the population

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity....does anyone know anything about this kid?

Is he a trouble maker? Is he otherwise a decent kid? Does anyone care?

I have a problem throwing kids into adult prison....the only thing it does is makes them better criminals. Are we here to get a pound of flesh out of this kid, or to see that justice is served? What good will it do this kid, his family, or the family of the victim if he gets 10 years in "pound me in the ass" prison, and he comes out angry, abused and a learned criminal? Yeah....that'll be good for everyone.

One thing to remember....as far as the family goes, there's nothing that will bring their loved one back....so their emotions could range from complete forgiveness to "eye for an eye". So, while their needs as victims are important, it's not the final factor.

Maybe we should try the 5 year old that shot his sister as an adult too.

Not the same at all.

A boy who is capable of killing with his fists, who attacks with his fists, and who has killed with his fists, has no business walking free. He obviously can't control himself, and he's a danger.

So for the retards who think they are invincible....

"The fatal punching of a Utah soccer referee has stunned and saddened the community but was no freak occurrence, say medical experts who warn a single jolt to the head can kill."

"
Eastvold works with survivors of traumatic brain injury (TBI), tracking their cognitive deficits and behavioral changes. She sees lives ended and disrupted by the neurological consequences of accidental falls, car crashes, suicide attempts and violence.
Any injury to the head, mild to severe, can disable someone; injuries to the neck can cause paralysis, she said."

"
But assaults are more commonly faulted than team sports injuries, such as "having your bell rung" on the football field, which has gotten a lot of attention in recent years.
Nationally assaults account for 10 percent of traumatic brain injuries. In 2011, the FBI reported 728 homicides by hand, fist and feet."

"
In February 2012, a 10-year-old girl in California died from injuries sustained in a fist-fight with an 11-year-old girl.
Prolonged fight scenes in movies where the hero walks away bruised, but unbroken, aren’t realistic, said Paul Barker, retired police officer and defense expert who teaches tae kwon do at Champion Karate West in Provo. "People are naive to the risk."

"Hits to the face and certain hits to the head are off limits, such as reverse jab using the hand opposite your forward foot, he said. "That’s very powerful and could kill someone instantly."

Soccer referee?s death: When a single punch to the head kills | The Salt Lake Tribune

But by all means, continue to get your clock cleaned. Concussions are good for you, I'm sure.

Not the same at all.

A boy who is capable of killing with his fists, who attacks with his fists, and who has killed with his fists, has no business walking free. He obviously can't control himself, and he's a danger.

Did he know he was capable? Many kids have problems controlling themselves.

Truthfully, I can't believe what a prick you're being miss "save the children"....oh....wait....that's only if they aren't born yet....I forgot. Your sympathy ends at birth.

Oh, I see..the killer is the victim.

Naturally. If the ref had been 2 or under, you wouldn't even be calling him a human, and there would be no question of murder.

He's looking at about 5 years. Like I said, that sounds about right. If you can't control yourself and you accidentally kill somebody, then you have no business walking the streets.

Color me surprised that the baby killers are the ones who think that murderers should be given a pass. What a shame his victim wasn't a pregnant woman...you'd probably have a party, then!

Last edited:
Oh, I see..the killer is the victim.

Naturally. If the ref had been 2 or under, you wouldn't even be calling him a human, and there would be no question of murder.

He's looking at about 5 years. Like I said, that sounds about right. If you can't control yourself and you accidentally kill somebody, then you have no business walking the streets.

Color me surprised that the baby killers are the ones who think that murderers should be given a pass. What a shame his victim wasn't a pregnant woman...you'd probably have a party, then!

A pass? Who the fuck said anything about a pass? Put him in Juvie till he's 21, get him counseling and prepare the kid for the rest if his life instead of fighting for his life, getting fucked up the ass by some HIV positive goon, and joining up with some gang for protection.

You've yet to prove I've ever killed one baby....or even harmed one. Go fuck yourself.... I'm sure you're used to the experience.

Pro abortion = baby killer.

As you know.

Oh, wait..you don't call them babies. So that means you're not culpable.

Yeahuh.

So...as I said, it's hardly surprising that the same people who scream that we should kill more babies are the ones who think the life of a ref is negligible, and nobody should be held accountable for any of the things they do that ruin and end the lives of others.

It makes one wonder what you have in your past.

As you know.

Yeahuh.

So...as I said, it's hardly surprising that the same people who scream that we should kill more babies are the ones who think the life of a ref is negligible, and nobody should be held accountable for any of the things they do that ruin and end the lives of others.

I know what you have in yours....bitterness, regret and a need for revenge.

I'll tell you about my past. I had a DUI when I was 18. That's the extent of my criminal past....30 years ago.

Personal past? I've had a half dozen sexual partners in my 48 years and I married two of them. I never had a child of my own, nor did I ever cause a pregnancy. I have however help to raise three wonderful kids...one with my first wife, whom I left because of her monogamy issues, and two with my second wife... one of which(a son) graduated from Penn State with a Bachelor's in Forestry, and the youngest(a daughter) who is in College now, but is undecided on a Major.

Finally....I am NOT pro-abortion. I am pro-choice. Huge difference. I feel that abortion is wrong... but that's between the person and God.

EDIT: but do deflect off the topic at hand in another one if your crazy cat lady rants.

Last edited:
Look up the definition of pro-abortion.

The definition: pro-choice.

Yup, we're off topic. I can understand why you want to redirect, after taking us down this road.

How do you know he can be rehabilitated?

How many teen murderers have you worked with?

How do you know he can be rehabilitated?

How many teen murderers have you worked with?

I don't know....that's why I asked if anyone knew anything about the kid in my first post in this thread.

But you ignored that and went straight to crazy cat woman land.

Do you know that he can't be rehabilitated?

I mean if this kid is a major delinquent, or he pounded repeatedly on the guy to cause his death...I might have a different take in this....but

A. We know nothing about the kid.

B. He threw one punch.

As you know.

Yeahuh.

I'll tell you about my past. I had a DUI when I was 18. That's the extent of my criminal past....30 years ago.

Personal past? I've had a half dozen sexual partners in my 48 years and I married two of them. I never had a child of my own, nor did I ever cause a pregnancy. I have however help to raise three wonderful kids...one with my first wife, whom I left because of her monogamy issues, and two with my second wife... one of which(a son) graduated from Penn State with a Bachelor's in Forestry, and the youngest(a daughter) who is in College now, but is undecided on a Major.

Finally....I am NOT pro-abortion. I am pro-choice. Huge difference. I feel that abortion is wrong... but that's between the person and God.

EDIT: but do deflect off the topic at hand in another one if your crazy cat lady rants.
oh what a bunch of BS "pro choice" is the cowards way of saying kill the mother fucking baby. Get real.

As you know.

Yeahuh.

oh what a bunch of BS "pro choice" is the cowards way of saying kill the mother fucking baby. Get real.

Fuck you, you dried up old hag. You and Crazy cat woman are burka wearing Taliban slaves.

Fuck you, you dried up old hag. You and Crazy cat woman are burka wearing Taliban slaves.

Lol? Another liberal display of maturity. :clap2:

Forum List

Back