🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Soft Heads In Senate Gun Control Hearing

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
A hearing was held yesterday in the US Senate to discuss gun control. Assault weapons ban, background checks, etc.

I must say I have never seen a bigger collection of logical fallacies in a single toolbox as I saw in the one the Democrats brought to the fight.

It was a non-stop freak show by the gun controllers. From Senator Feinstein showing a clip of a modified rifle rapid firing, to sackcloth and ashes worn by people grieving over Sandy Hook.

At one point, closeted drag queen Lindsey Graham (WHAT!?!) asked one of the gun control wannabe's how many rifles had been used in all the murders that kept being cited as reasons to ban assault weapons.

The best the police chief could respond was, "Dead is dead."

Um. Yeah...but dead by a handgun does not get undead by an assault weapons ban, officer!

Graham pointed out that only 2.5 percent of homicides were by rifles, which as it turns out is half the number that were by bare hands.

Every time someone tried to introduce FACTS into the conversation, the gun controllers dragged out the dead bodies of the Sandy Hook children.

Dr. William Begg, who was one of the physicians present in the emergency room on the day of the deadly shooting, told families physicians and nurses tried their best to save their children and advocated on behalf of an assault weapons ban, stronger background check system, and an investment in research for mental health.

“People say that the overall number of assault weapon deaths is small but you know what? Please don’t tell that to the people of Tucson or Aurora or Columbine or Virginia Tech and don’t tell that to the people in Newtown,” Begg said as he choked up and people in the crowd clapped.

Argumentum ad passiones logical fallacy.

I'm sorry, folks, but the Sandy Hook killer did not shoot those kids because he had an AR-15. Those kids would be just as dead with one of Joe Biden's shotguns, and a lot messier. You want traumatic? Just look at a kid who has been shot with a shotgun.

Any "solution" to this problem that is built on false premises and logical fallacies is pre-destined to be an unmitigated failure.

This is theater for the rubes. Roll out the dead kids!

2.5 percent.

From what I have seen, most of the "gun grabber" logic is flawed. 99% of them do not even know what they are talking about. And what Joe said, LOL What an idiot..

Every time someone tried to introduce FACTS into the conversation, the gun controllers dragged out the dead bodies of the Sandy Hook children.
Same thing on this board - when you hit the anti-gun crowd with the facts, they're forced to make stuff up or appeal to emotion.
Their political goals are FAR too important to worry about intellectual honesty.

Last edited:
A hearing was held yesterday in the US Senate to discuss gun control. Assault weapons ban, background checks, etc.

I must say I have never seen a bigger collection of logical fallacies in a single toolbox as I saw in the one the Democrats brought to the fight.

It was a non-stop freak show by the gun controllers. From Senator Feinstein showing a clip of a modified rifle rapid firing, to sackcloth and ashes worn by people grieving over Sandy Hook.

At one point, closeted drag queen Lindsey Graham (WHAT!?!) asked one of the gun control wannabe's how many rifles had been used in all the murders that kept being cited as reasons to ban assault weapons.

Um. Yeah...but dead by a handgun does not get undead by an assault weapons ban, officer!

Graham pointed out that only 2.5 percent of homicides were by rifles, which as it turns out is half the number that were by bare hands.

Dr. William Begg, who was one of the physicians present in the emergency room on the day of the deadly shooting, told families physicians and nurses tried their best to save their children and advocated on behalf of an assault weapons ban, stronger background check system, and an investment in research for mental health.

“People say that the overall number of assault weapon deaths is small but you know what? Please don’t tell that to the people of Tucson or Aurora or Columbine or Virginia Tech and don’t tell that to the people in Newtown,” Begg said as he choked up and people in the crowd clapped.

I'm sorry, folks, but the Sandy Hook killer did not shoot those kids because he had an AR-15. Those kids would be just as dead with one of Joe Biden's shotguns, and a lot messier. You want traumatic? Just look at a kid who has been shot with a shotgun.

Any "solution" to this problem that is built on false premises and logical fallacies is pre-destined to be an unmitigated failure.

2.5 percent.

I could feel this happening. Democrats were poised to over-reach on this and by majoring in the minors, they will loose their opportunity to enact legislation that could be beneficial such as universal background checks and sales databases.

They can't even decide what an assault weapon is - why in the heck are they wasting capital on trying to impose any kind of ban?

I could feel this happening. Democrats were poised to over-reach on this and by majoring in the minors, they will loose their opportunity to enact legislation that could be beneficial such as universal background checks....
... which will prevent nothing ...

They can't even decide what an assault weapon is
This is true - and when they try, they only expose how little they know about guns.

2.5 percent.

Did you expect something different?

The freedom of a lot of completely law-abiding Americans is going to be further restrained to accomplish nothing more than making a few other people FEEL better.

That's quite a precedent to be setting. Remember where this bar was set, and by whom.

2.5 percent.

I could feel this happening. Democrats were poised to over-reach on this and by majoring in the minors, they will loose their opportunity to enact legislation that could be beneficial such as universal background checks and sales databases.

They can't even decide what an assault weapon is - why in the heck are they wasting capital on trying to impose any kind of ban?

They keep thinking THIS is the year gun control will not hurt us in the polls outside the big cities, and so far, every time, they end up being wrong.

The freedom of a lot of completely law-abiding Americans is going to be further restrained to accomplish nothing more than making a few other people FEEL better.

That's quite a precedent to be setting. Remember where this bar was set, and by whom.

I don't think so.

My personal opinion is that the opportunity to take a couple of moderate, intelligents steps will be missed become some folks just couldn't resist the temptation to push a more radical agenda.

The Left is going to keep pushing this so that they can get what they really want... For now at least..

100% background checks and gun registration.

Last edited:
These hearings are nothing more than macabre, ghoulish CIRCLE JERKS.

The Democrats can pass all of the gun control laws they want in the Senate. They will all be SHOT DOWN in the House.

THANK GOD the Democrats don't have complete control of the federal government, like they had in 2009-2011.

The Left is going to keep pushing this so that they can get what they really what... For now at least..

92% of americans want background checks. (91% of gun owners)
you saying "the left" makes up 92% of the American population?

We already have background checks, numbskull.

The ONLY "loophole" is that there is no mechanism for private gun sale background checks.

I have NO PROBLEM with background checks. I have undergone MANY of them, and I am a law-abiding citizen.

The Left is going to keep pushing this so that they can get what they really what... For now at least..

We already have background checks, numbskull.

The ONLY "loophole" is that there is no mechanism for private gun sale background checks.

I have NO PROBLEM with background checks. I have undergone MANY of them, and I am a law-abiding citizen.

And the "loophole" is what I am addressing.
Why are you so angry and name-calling?

States already have background checks which is sufficient. There is no need for the federal govt to know what guns I have.

States already have background checks which is sufficient. There is no need for the federal govt to know what guns I have.

I appreciate your opinion. I was merely pointing out that 92% of U.S. voters (and 91% of gun-owning U.S. voters) hold a different opinion.

When the only solution to gun-crime offered by the NRA is more guns and less video games, the hand of the 'gun-grabbers' is strengthened.
The gun-owners' lobby needs to get a more sensible representative if they wish their opinions to be taken seriously.
If not, new legislation will be imposed without their input.

Register gun buyers, not guns.

You prove your eligibility to vote during the registration process, and then you are allowed to vote whenever and for whoever you wish, and it is none of the government's business how you vote.

You prove your eligibility to buy guns during the registration process, and then you are allowed to buy a gun whenever you wish, and it is none of the government's business what you buy.

When you vote, you tell the nice old lady your name and address and she looks you up on the eligible voter's list. Then she lets you vote. Your vote is secret. If you are a Mexican citizen, you won't be on the list.

When you buy a gun, you tell the nice dude your name and address and he looks you up on the eligible gun buyer's list. If you made the list, he sells you a weapon. Your purchase is secret.

If you are on either list and aren't supposed to be, that's the government's fault. The government wants to control stuff, then they should be responsible for it being done correctly, not the citizens who are exercising their rights.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back