🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Soft Heads In Senate Gun Control Hearing

Register gun buyers, not guns.

You prove your eligibility to vote during the registration process, and then you are allowed to vote whenever and for whoever you wish, and it is none of the government's business how you vote.

You prove your eligibility to buy guns during the registration process, and then you are allowed to buy a gun whenever you wish, and it is none of the government's business what you buy.

When you vote, you tell the nice old lady your name and address and she looks you up on the eligible voter's list. Then she lets you vote. Your vote is secret. If you are a Mexican citizen, you won't be on the list.

When you buy a gun, you tell the nice dude your name and address and he looks you up on the eligible gun buyer's list. If you made the list, he sells you a weapon. Your purchase is secret.

If you are on either list and aren't supposed to be, that's the government's fault. The government wants to control stuff, then they should be responsible for it being done correctly, not the citizens who are exercising their rights.

The only problem with that is that when you decide to sell that gun, do you have access to that list? Do you have a responsibility to guarantee that the person you are selling to is eligible or is the responsibility completely on the person buying the gun?

The government doesn't know HOW you voted, but they know you did vote. So why not let's allow a sales database and mandatory background checks so the law enforcement agencies can know who bought a gun if that gun is later involved in a crime?

I have absolutely no problem with a minimal paper trail so we can find our way to folks who are selling guns illegally. It doesn't interfere with anyone's right to own a gun at all.

Last edited:
When the only solution to gun-crime offered by the NRA is more guns and less video games, the hand of the 'gun-grabbers' is strengthened.
The gun-owners' lobby needs to get a more sensible representative if they wish their opinions to be taken seriously.
If not, new legislation will be imposed without their input.
The anti-gun side has nothing to give the pro-gun side in exchange for the pro-gun side going along with what the anti-gun side wants.

Thus, there can be no conpromise, and the pro-gun side should not give an inch.

When the only solution to gun-crime offered by the NRA is more guns and less video games, the hand of the 'gun-grabbers' is strengthened.
The gun-owners' lobby needs to get a more sensible representative if they wish their opinions to be taken seriously.
The anti-gun side has nothing to give the pro-gun side in exchange for the pro-gun side going along with what the anti-gun side wants.

Oh well then...you better get to work digging that bunker.

Register gun buyers, not guns.
You prove your eligibility to vote during the registration process...
Incorrect.
You register to vote so the state can make sure you are voting in the right place.
If you are inelligible to vote, or to exercise any other right, it is up to the state to prove it -- you are under NO burdern to prove you are eligible.

The entire idea that we can create laws that will stop people from breaking laws is, well, inane.

Interesting that you don't even -consider- something you might offer.
Rather telling that you -expect- acquiescence.

These politicians KNOW that assault weapons are used in only 2.5% of all murders. That's not important, the fact that they are used in 100% of the revolutions that removes tyrants from power is the figure they ARE AFRAID OF. It hit's too close to home. A government that fears it's people is a Democracy, When people fear it's government it's a tyranny. Who fears who now days?

You already -closed- the door to offers when you -declared- that the anti-gun side has -nothing- to offer.
As far as you're concerned there's -nothing- to discuss.

How's the digging going?

You already -closed- the door to offers when you -declared- that the anti-gun side has -nothing- to offer.
And -you- have proven me correct.
:dunno:

And you made that assumption before hand.

Ever hear the term self-fulfilling prophecy? Know how that works?

You say - I won't negotiate
he says - I won't negotiate
You say - see I told you I had no reason to negotiate

Too funny

These politicians KNOW that assault weapons are used in only 2.5% of all murders. That's not important, the fact that they are used in 100% of the revolutions that removes tyrants from power is the figure they ARE AFRAID OF. It hit's too close to home. A government that fears it's people is a Democracy, When people fear it's government it's a tyranny. Who fears who now days?

We both fear each other now. They know we are sufficiently armed, but we know that they are superiorly armed.

Overall, the people would win a war against the Federal Government after years of bloody struggle and tens of millions dead, tens of more millions of civilians dying from disease and starvation as the economy goes to shit.

The problem is how weak we would be to foreign invasion, after such a war took place.

So the problem for people who are willing to die for their freedom is two-fold. If we don't resist the federal government, they will become tyrants. If we do resist the federal government, the chaos and disorder would weaken us to foreign invasion, allowing new tyrants to take over. The question is, could we continue to fight and repel the new tyrants after second era of war and struggle? Is it even worth trying to resist and just give into the hybrid Communism/Fascism world government and just a hope a giant meteor hits the Earth in the future, or a solar flare wipes out the energy grid, in order to overthrow them later?

How do we even know if we'll be able to restore a free and good Republic even if we do win the revolutions (or series of revolutions?)? How do we know that every militant group that helps overthrow the government has the same good intentions as we do?

Last edited:
And you made that assumption before hand.
Ever hear the term self-fulfilling prophecy? Know how that works?
I can only barely begin to describe how boring you are - espcially ironic, given that all you're doing is proving me right.

Do you have anything to offer the pro-gun side in echange for their cooperation in enacting the limits you want, or not?

Last edited:

If I -represented- the anti-gun side, and you've already stated that I/we have nothing to offer, where's the starting point for discussion?

We both fear each other now. They know we are sufficiently armed, but we know that they are superiorly armed.

Overall, the people would win a war against the Federal Government after years of bloody struggle and tens of millions dead, tens of more millions of civilians dying from disease and starvation as the economy goes to shit.

The problem is how weak we would be to foreign invasion, after such a war took place.

So the problem for people who are willing to die for their freedom is two-fold. If we don't resist the federal government, they will become tyrants. If we do resist the federal government, the chaos and disorder would weaken us to foreign invasion, allowing new tyrants to take over.

Are you saying that freedom is not worth the cost any longer? I'm sure the Founding Fathers heard the same kind of talk. Freedom is worth WHATEVER it cost.

If I -represented- the anti-gun side, and you've already stated that I/we have nothing to offer, where's the starting point for discussion?
You could TRY to prove me wrong by offering something.
Your repeated failure to do so only bolsters my position that you, indeed, have nothing to offer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back