Solar Powered Tanks

Unlike Trumpist Luddites, our President is once again ahead of the curve. He is right. The US military needs to prepare for the future and the future is one where alternative energy and alternative fuels will rule. While our enemies will have to rely on fossil fuel supplies, the U.S. military will be prepared to be independent of such a supply chain.

Hey, Weatherman will have a fine career in the Russian military. They have need of his big brain.

Last edited:
EVs are dirtier than most internal combustion engine cars.
EVs produce their pollution at the electric power generating plant, and are about equivalent of a car getting about 29 mpg.
But not only do a lot of internal combustion cars get more like 40mpg, but if they use bio fuel, then can actually make air cleaner and produce no net emissions at all.

Biden is a moron
Honestly. Can you imagine our enemies laughing at Biden until they wet themselves? That means that EVERY single piece of hardware in the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines (Space Force too?) has to be totally replaced at a cost of hundreds of billions or even trillions of dollars to be made battery powered and rechargeable, regardless of the environmental impact, made with batteries we need to source rare minerals from China to make!

AND FOR WHAT? To save the planet from machines we only even fire up hopefully only once every decade in some conflict somewhere, if that. Either that or Joe intends to fight so many damn wars that the operation of our military poses an actual effect on the climate of the planet!

GET THIS FUCKING IDIOT OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE PLEASE!

Imp46.jpg

You have all these images that come to mind:
Solar powered Black Hawk helicopters. . .
An electric M1 Abrams tank. . .
Hybrid aircraft carriers. . .

You pray the military personnel you know and love will not be sent into combat.

The average electric car battery weighs over 2000 lbs and contains 25 pounds of lithium, 60 pounds of nickel, 44 pounds of manganese, 30 pounds of cobalt, 200 pounds of copper and 400 pounds of aluminum, steel and plastic. Those in an electric semi truck weigh more than 13,000 lbs and and what would it take to power a 60 ton M1 Abrams tank? To research, develop and plan for the future is commendable. But what passes for green energy right now isn't all that green. Right now 3% of all U.S. vehicles are electric or 'green energy' vehicles and no military vehicles. Let's use some common sense here and stop wasting taxpayer money.

We have to import a lot of those raw materials, some from countries that don't like us very much. And I'm pretty sure we are at just as much risk of running out of those resources as we are running out of oil of which there is plenty right now. And do you know what a mine to get those raw materials looks like?
Lithium mine
1650673148292.png

Nickel mine
1650673260042.png

Copper Mine
1650673304425.png

Cobalt mine
1650673379012.png

Manganese mine
1650673424983.png

Last edited:
Unlike Trumpist Luddites, our President is once again ahead of the curve. He is right. The US military needs to prepare for the future and the future is one where alternative energy and alternative fuels will rule. While our enemies will have to rely on fossil fuel supplies, the U.S. military will be prepared to be independent of such a supply chain.

Hey, Weatherman will have a fine career in the Russian military. They have need of his big brain.

I can agree with this, but it'll take years and years to develop.

We need some German Panzer designers up in here...

if the left wants a battery powered military they better pissing Musk off .

You have all these images that come to mind:
Solar powered Black Hawk helicopters. . .
An electric M1 Abrams tank. . .
Hybrid aircraft carriers. . .

You pray the military personnel you know and love will not be sent into combat.

The average electric car battery weighs over 2000 lbs and contains 25 pounds of lithium, 60 pounds of nickel, 44 pounds of manganese, 30 pounds of cobalt, 200 pounds of copper and 400 pounds of aluminum, steel and plastic. Those in an electric semi truck weigh more than 13,000 lbs and and what would it take to power a 60 ton M1 Abrams tank? To research, develop and plan for the future is commendable. But what passes for green energy right now isn't all that green. Right now 3% of all U.S. vehicles are electric or 'green energy' vehicles and no military vehicles. Let's use some common sense here and stop wasting taxpayer money.

We have to import a lot of those raw materials, some from countries that don't like us very much. And I'm pretty sure we are at just as much risk of running out of those resources as we are running out of oil of which there is plenty right now. And do you know what a mine to get those raw materials looks like?
Lithium mine
View attachment 634793
Nickel mine
View attachment 634794
Copper Mine
View attachment 634795
Cobalt mine
View attachment 634796
Manganese mine
View attachment 634797

And each EV battery requires mining 500,000 lbs of earth.

Mining is dirty and most of the minerals for these batteries are from foreign sources including virtual slave labor in the Congo.

Leftoids are morons and very dangerous ones at that.

Yeah, no doubt looking where to plug an Abrams tank in during combat will make America great!

You’re an idiot. Holy fuck.

Just pandering.

All presidents do this kind of thing, it is just that most are not so moronic when they do. This is not something that will happen in the next 20 years let alone on a time frame that Biden can have squat to do with it.

Forum List

Back