Some North Carolina magistrates say no to same-sex marriages

It's ok for Liberals to say no, but the moment that Conservatives say no?

Watch out.

Can't try reading the link..its state law which doesn't deny them a marriage it just lets ANY other clerk of whatever NC uses issue it. :) Beautiful part of NC there....run by idiots for the most part but right on this...

"Some North Carolina magistrates say no to same-sex marriages"

In violation of the Constitution.

From the linked article:

'Nonetheless, the North Carolina law violates the U.S. Constitution's requirement that state governments operate in a "religiously neutral" fashion, said Columbia University Law School Professor Katherine Franke. Franke said the state was placing a burden on people looking to get married.

"Clearly the costs of public officials' religion liberty rights are being shifted to the citizens of North Carolina who have limited access to public offices that issue marriage licenses and to other state employees who are pulled away (from) their duties elsewhere," Franke said. "Much more, the North Carolina law, on its face and as applied in these cases, builds a preference for religion into the law itself by granting the religious views of some public officials' special protection."'

"Some North Carolina magistrates say no to same-sex marriages"

In violation of the Constitution.

From the linked article:

'Nonetheless, the North Carolina law violates the U.S. Constitution's requirement that state governments operate in a "religiously neutral" fashion, said Columbia University Law School Professor Katherine Franke. Franke said the state was placing a burden on people looking to get married.

"Clearly the costs of public officials' religion liberty rights are being shifted to the citizens of North Carolina who have limited access to public offices that issue marriage licenses and to other state employees who are pulled away (from) their duties elsewhere," Franke said. "Much more, the North Carolina law, on its face and as applied in these cases, builds a preference for religion into the law itself by granting the religious views of some public officials' special protection."'
One whiner....color me shocked...file a lawsuit butt fucker no one cares. The entire state can just get out of the marriage business :D Clerk of courts handle MUCH more than marriage licenses. Orrrr maybe the state can set up a brand new marriage division and only hire people who have no problem with butt fuckers getting "married"

AHAHAHAHA! Butt fuckers up in arms! I mean dildo's! LMAO
No gay marriages, then no straight marriages, for a time, by law. Works for me...

"Supervising Judge Randy Poole said that, by law, the McDowell magistrates cannot perform any kind of marriages for six months if they refuse to wed gay couples."

How about lawyers and notaries for civil union contracts between couple of any make up

"What the bill does is it provides a balance," said Berger, R-Rockingham. "(It) does not stop anyone from getting married who wants to get married, does not require our magistrates and our registers of deeds employees to violate their firmly held religious convictions."
Read more at Ability to opt out of performing marriages becomes NC law :: WRAL.com

See that's the problem there. Faggots don't just want to get "married" they want to FORCE someone who does NOT believe in this "marriage" to be a party to it even though they can STILL get a license from the very same office etc.

No gay marriages, then no straight marriages, for a time, by law. Works for me...

"Supervising Judge Randy Poole said that, by law, the McDowell magistrates cannot perform any kind of marriages for six months if they refuse to wed gay couples."

How about lawyers and notaries for civil union contracts between couple of any make up
How about obeying the law? Works for me...

"What the bill does is it provides a balance," said Berger, R-Rockingham. "(It) does not stop anyone from getting married who wants to get married, does not require our magistrates and our registers of deeds employees to violate their firmly held religious convictions."
Read more at Ability to opt out of performing marriages becomes NC law :: WRAL.com

See that's the problem there. Faggots don't just want to get "married" they want to FORCE someone who does NOT believe in this "marriage" to be a party to it even though they can STILL get a license from the very same office etc.
Your kind has never liked equal rights for others, and never will...

As long as the objector is not the one actually getting married to same sex they should not impose their faith or beliefs on others.
This is becoming a ridiculous game of attrition.
Was it this bad when mix couples tried to marry? What of mixed faiths?

What do they teach in the churches here that makes people so intolerant of others? I can understand some areas of the world, but I would have through tolerance should be the norm not the exception in such a melting pot of people

As long as the objector is not the one actually getting married to same sex they should not impose their faith or beliefs on others.

What do they teach in the churches here that makes people so intolerant of others? I can understand some areas of the world, but I would have through tolerance should be the norm not the exception in such a melting pot of people
Very few Americans are liberals, most are pitchforks. And what is taught in churches here is a white sectarian capitalistic Jesus, nothing like the man that died on the cross.

I sure hope so. Hell I hope it was worse.
Cool, I guess they're willing to go to jail like Kim Davis.
Try reading the link tard. If someone doesn't want to give faggot a license then someone else will be appointed to do so and said person not wanting it can't issue license for 6 months.

Forum List

Back