Some one please tell me how did they get the holy spirit in the OT ?

Very few in the OT "got" the Holy Spirit. Very few knew God. Israel was an idolatrous nation, after all, except for a remnant. The remnant were always God's favored people.

But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel, and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring, but “Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.” This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring. (Romans 9:6-8)​

And sometimes it did seem temporary. David, for example, a murderer and adulterer, wasn't exactly consistently righteous. Or maybe he was as righteous as any fallen man could be before Christ, before the Holy Spirit.
Many Israelites did indeed workshop idols but the non-Israelite nations were so corrupt God didn’t pay any mind to them.
You think because Jews assimilate they’re dealing drugs, burning down cities or hanging out at bars?

In what way were foreigners corrupt?
Sacrificing children to their idols, sacking other nations for gold and sex slaves, adultery, incest, cheating in business, having sex with animals, etc…
I’ll have to look up the verse where Moses is telling the Children of Israel not to copy the bad behavior of the 32 kingdoms in the Land of Canaan.

What do you mean no one seen God, Moses seen God and all that Jesus is, is God in the flesh

Plus

John 14:9, NIV: "Jesus answered: 'Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father"
No Moses did not see God. He saw a burning bush.
Yes they saw the Fathers will in Jesus and the Father was doing it all through Jesus, Every teaching he brought was the Fathers. that is how they could see the Father.

Yes they saw the Fathers will in Jesus and the Father was doing it all through Jesus, Every teaching he brought was the Fathers. that is how they could see the Father.
Moses spoke to God face to face as though thru a clean pane of glass.
We have no idea what that means.

Sacrificing children to their idols, sacking other nations for gold and sex slaves, adultery, incest, cheating in business, having sex with animals, etc…
I’ll have to look up the verse where Moses is telling the Children of Israel not to copy the bad behavior of the 32 kingdoms in the Land of Canaan.
So, they did things that would have violated temple law.

What did they do to violate their own laws and customs? How were they corrupt?

So, they did things that would have violated temple law.

What did they do to violate their own laws and customs? How were they corrupt?
God is very severe with people who observe open miracles.
Insulting someone is considered murder.
Cheating on a contract is considered stealing.
Offering a cheaper lamb than one can easily afford is an insult to God.
You would have to study the midrash and Talmud to understand what God expects from Jews in regards to our behavior towards God and each other.

God is very severe with people who observe open miracles.
Insulting someone is considered murder.
Cheating on a contract is considered stealing.
Offering a cheaper lamb than one can easily afford is an insult to God.
You would have to study the midrash and Talmud to understand what God expects from Jews in regards to our behavior towards God and each other.
Did foreigners have to sacrifice lambs? Maybe so, if their own customs dictated it. Why would they have to have done it because temple law dictated it? They weren't subject to temple law. God didn’t pay any mind to them, as you say.

We'd have to know the midrash and Talmud to understand what God expects from Jews. Yea, maybe so. From Jews, not foreigners.

You make the same assumptions that most Christians make.

Exodus 33:11
Context Crossref Comm Hebrew
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.

New Living Translation
Inside the Tent of Meeting, the LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Afterward Moses would return to the camp, but the young man who assisted him, Joshua son of Nun, would remain behind in the Tent of Meeting.

English Standard Version
Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. When Moses turned again into the camp, his assistant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, would not depart from the tent.

Berean Study Bible
Thus the LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young assistant Joshua son of Nun would not leave the tent

Did foreigners have to sacrifice lambs? Maybe so, if their own customs dictated it. Why would they have to have done it because temple law dictated it? They weren't subject to temple law. God didn’t pay any mind to them, as you say.

We'd have to know the midrash and Talmud to understand what God expects from Jews. Yea, maybe so. From Jews, not foreigners.

A non-Jew was more than welcome to offer a sacrifice.
The animals were bought in the Temple, cooked and then consumed.

The midrash is very easy reading as it takes great pains to explain one’s obligations.

A non-Jew was more than welcome to offer a sacrifice.
Groovy. It doesn't mean he was corrupt, though, does it?

Israel (Adam) was the one who died (or was condemned) in the Garden. Not Nod or anyone else. Israel was the one seeking salvation after forsaking his creator. Not Egypt or anyone else.

In Christian mythos, that salvation came when Christ sent the Holy Spirit to Israel (who then later availed himself to others).

Groovy. It doesn't mean he was corrupt, though, does it?

Israel (Adam) was the one who died (or was condemned) in the Garden. Not Nod or anyone else. Israel was the one seeking salvation after forsaking his creator. Not Egypt or anyone else.

In Christian mythos, that salvation came when Christ sent the Holy Spirit to Israel (who then later availed himself to others).
You have really got to catch up with your Torah.
Adam and Eve were expelled from the garden.

I honestly have zero ideas about all this Jesus salvation nonsense.

God is not a bastard and has a personal interest in His creation from the tinniest micron to the largest land animal.

You have really got to catch up with your Torah.
Why? I'm not of the house of Israel. I don't need Torah any more than I need temple.

Not to say that the Old Testament doesn't provide valuable history and background to the Christian faith, but it is not Christian. Israel's priesthood was Levitical. Christ's priesthood is Melchizedekian. Completely different.

Hebrew is fricking hard, I checked out a few you tube videos all symbols and the translations no one can seem to agree.

I would like to learn Hebrew though I am sick of reading all the translations in english
I would suggest you look at the English translation from JPS. It is translated to be as close to the Hebrew meaning as possible.

Moses spoke to God face to face as though thru a clean pane of glass.
We have no idea what that means.

Jehovah spoke to the prophets to by holy spirit, but it was still Jehovahs words being spoken.
The NT is clear-no man has ever seen God. John 1:18

Exodus 33:11
Context Crossref Comm Hebrew
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.

New Living Translation
Inside the Tent of Meeting, the LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Afterward Moses would return to the camp, but the young man who assisted him, Joshua son of Nun, would remain behind in the Tent of Meeting.

English Standard Version
Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. When Moses turned again into the camp, his assistant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, would not depart from the tent.

Berean Study Bible
Thus the LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young assistant Joshua son of Nun would not leave the tent
The bible doesnt lie--No man has ever seen God- John 1:18-- It obviously meant something else in the OT. through the holy spirit is more like it.

The bible doesnt lie--No man has ever seen God- John 1:18-- It obviously meant something else in the OT. through the holy spirit is more like it.
Seriously dude even John wrote latter God has been seen and once again was Mary blind and all the rest?

Why? I'm not of the house of Israel. I don't need Torah any more than I need temple.

Not to say that the Old Testament doesn't provide valuable history and background to the Christian faith, but it is not Christian. Israel's priesthood was Levitical. Christ's priesthood is Melchizedekian. Completely different.
You are required to follow the Noachide laws.

You worship Christmas trees what does that have to do with anything?

You telling me there was no Christmas tree in your church?
We “worship” Christmas trees?

I have never said a prayer to a Christmas tree in my life nor do I know one person who has.

Forum List

Back