Some one please tell me how did they get the holy spirit in the OT ?

I am the type of person the Catholics never ever wanted me to read the Bible.

I am seriously considering if it's possible for me to convert to Judaism. The NT is asinine with Paul's letters, the stuff Jesus said I like though.
Grin. I am thinking you may have been the type of person Catholics never wanted to interpret the Bible.

As far as converting to Judaism: I recommend it, at least to the extent of learning the Old Testament (Hebrew Scriptures) correctly. Old Testament stories cannot be correctly understood from the Western perspective and modern English. Once you learn this and study Hebrew scriptures, you will better understand what you misunderstand in the New Testament. It takes a lot of time, but in my opinion, it's time well spent.

I was born Catholic. I prefer Hebrew interpretation of the Old Testament. I remain Catholic because I will always remain separated from Judaism because I do believe Jesus is who said he is--One with God. I have a daughter I help with her studies in Judaism. She may be able to convert. We both share a love of Hebrew scriptures when taught properly. Some Christian interpretations are deplorable. Atheist interpretations are even worse--loathsome.

But when Christians do that with the Trinity Orthodox Jews and other pagans try and label that sort of semantics 'polytheism n stuff'.

It is polytheism n stuff. 1+1+1= 3

There is only one unequalled incorporeal God with no visible shape or material form and there is no other God in existence either above or below him.

If this is true then there is no such thing as three co-equal persons, one human, in one Godhead.

The 'beliefs' about the trinity does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence.

0+0+0= 0

Grin. I am thinking you may have been the type of person Catholics never wanted to interpret the Bible.

As far as converting to Judaism: I recommend it, at least to the extent of learning the Old Testament (Hebrew Scriptures) correctly. Old Testament stories cannot be correctly understood from the Western perspective and modern English. Once you learn this and study Hebrew scriptures, you will better understand what you misunderstand in the New Testament. It takes a lot of time, but in my opinion, it's time well spent.

I was born Catholic. I prefer Hebrew interpretation of the Old Testament. I remain Catholic because I will always remain separated from Judaism because I do believe Jesus is who said he is--One with God. I have a daughter I help with her studies in Judaism. She may be able to convert. We both share a love of Hebrew scriptures when taught properly. Some Christian interpretations are deplorable. Atheist interpretations are even worse--loathsome.
Hebrew is fricking hard, I checked out a few you tube videos all symbols and the translations no one can seem to agree.

I would like to learn Hebrew though I am sick of reading all the translations in english

In 1st John he says no one knows God if they break any commandments, that's why we have the holy spirit, if you read Romans chapter 8 it says no one knows how to pray to god, the holy spirit prays and begs God for us

One has to be in union with Christ it starts out. No one practicing a sin is in union with Christ. So dont fool yourself. There is a whole bible. It doesnt teach 2 different truths, it is however a 2 edged sword. NONE who practice sin are in union with Christ. Good news for the righteous-bad news for ones who practice sin.

It is polytheism n stuff. 1+1+1= 3

There is only one unequalled incorporeal God with no visible shape or material form and there is no other God in existence either above or below him.

If this is true then there is no such thing as three co-equal persons, one human, in one Godhead.

The 'beliefs' about the trinity does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence.

0+0+0= 0
I always thought of the Trinity like a three leaf clover

I always thought of the Trinity like a three leaf clover
Each pot plant leaf has 7 leaves. So what. It has nothing to do with God.

The trinity is not too deep and mysterious for the human mind to comprehend.

The three leaf clover line is just bullshit. People lie.

No mystery there.

Hebrew is fricking hard, I checked out a few you tube videos all symbols and the translations no one can seem to agree.
Yes, it is. You do not actually have to learn Hebrew if you have someone whose first language is Hebrew. That is how I got started. Also I find rabbinical commentary very helpful. I started with the oldest Rabbi commentary I could find. Now I feel comfortable picking and choosing among others, but I wanted a sound basis first.

What is also helpful, perhaps even essential, is to study the history, cultures, and other languages of Biblical times.

Each pot plant leaf has 7 leaves. So what. It has nothing to do with God.

The trinity is not too deep and mysterious for the human mind to comprehend.

The three leaf clover line is just bullshit. People lie.

No mystery there.

How come Jesus didnt know? John 20:17, Rev 3:12--John 17:3

Jesus and the Holy Spirit are 2 separate entities and can work independently. When Christ received the Holy Spirit, He began working miracles. King David asked God, not to take His Spirit from him.
You can rely on the Holy Spirit for several things:
Comfort
Wisdom
Counsel
Knowledge
Understanding
Fortitude
Piety
Fear of the Lord.

But when Christians do that with the Trinity Orthodox Jews and other pagans try and label that sort of semantics 'polytheism n stuff'.
There is a difference between a manifestation based on the observer and believing that God actually has multiple components.
Jews believe that everything that happens has a unified purpose.

The NT states it.
You have just been trained to cherry pick verses.

I know the bible well. It is a 2 edged sword. Jesus taught--Man does not live by bread alone but by every utterance from God. My teachers make sure that gets done, how else can one obey Jesus if they do not learn and apply every utterance? John 14:15-24 is clear--Proof of ones love for Jesus is by obeying him. Not pick and choose but every single teaching.

I know the bible well. It is a 2 edged sword. Jesus taught--Man does not live by bread alone but by every utterance from God. My teachers make sure that gets done, how else can one obey Jesus if they do not learn and apply every utterance? John 14:15-24 is clear--Proof of ones love for Jesus is by obeying him. Not pick and choose but every single teaching.
AKA You have no idea what you're talking about.
The writers of the NT didn't want you to read the Torah so they told you they were repeating what the Torah said when they were actually negating the Torah.

I know the bible well. It is a 2 edged sword.

Jesus said that he did not come to bring peace but a sword. The sword is a curse in a cup of wine.

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations."

Take this cup of wine and drink it,all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

:wine:

"He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword."

That's the 2 edged sword.

AKA You have no idea what you're talking about.
The writers of the NT didn't want you to read the Torah so they told you they were repeating what the Torah said when they were actually negating the Torah.

Jesus was the one sent to Israel, they rejected him and hated him. The Nt is correct. The New world translation corrected the errors put in by the religion that came out of Rome.

Jesus said that he did not come to bring peace but a sword. The sword is a curse in a cup of wine.

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations."

Take this cup of wine and drink it,all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

:wine:

"He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword."

That's the 2 edged sword.

Actually the two edged sword is this

1) the righteous, those who do not practice sin and live now doing Jesus fathers will are promised entrance into Gods kingdom-Matthew 7:21-23

2) God views every other one as wicked and will not get entrance into his kingdom. And will hear these words from Jesus at verse 22-23 at Matthew 7 as judgement.

Jesus was the one sent to Israel, they rejected him and hated him. The Nt is correct. The New world translation corrected the errors put in by the religion that came out of Rome.
I guess they never told you the verse that if anyone comes to change the Torah, that person is to be executed.

Forum List

Back