Some San Francisco residents may receive $5 million in reparations after Board expresses ‘unanimous' support

As racially biased as a lot of Asians already are, this would inflame the hell out of them.

Democrats in colleges actively discriminate against Asians. Any Asian that votes Democrat is an idiot voting for people who hate them. Democrats say things like, if we didn't discriminate against Asians, the colleges would be full of them... like that's a bad thing...

Shouldn’t the children of the St. Louis get reparations, as long as we are handing them out? Their lives were harmed by the torture of their parents - something that would have been avoided if FDR hadn‘t succumbed to the demands of American antisemites.

Sold by whom, let them pay the reparations

Nothing wrong with letting taxpayers pay those reparations. It was the state that tolerated slavery and racial apartheid for is long as it did, so the state is collectively responsible.

When police abuse the rights of people, it's not always the individuals responsible who pay; it's often the taxpayer, almost all of whom had nothing to do with the actual offense but are nevertheless collectively responsible. No problem coming to that conclusion here. You don't like or agree with that idea? Fine, I don't give a toss, but there's a rationale for it.

The only question in my mind is what is feasible. $5 million seems like a number they pulled out of their ass and I seriously doubt there's been any kind of economic impact study. They risk making the idea of reparations backfire so badly that they'll turn it into a meme and discredit the proposition from now to eternity.

Nothing wrong with letting taxpayers pay those reparations. It was the state that tolerated slavery and racial apartheid for is long as it did, so the state is collectively responsible.

When police abuse the rights of people, it's not always the individuals responsible who pay; it's often the taxpayer, almost all of whom had nothing to do with the actual offense but are nevertheless collectively responsible. No problem coming to that conclusion here. You don't like or agree with that idea? Fine, I don't give a toss, but there's a rationale for it.

The only question in my mind is what is feasible. $5 million seems like a number they pulled out of their ass and I seriously doubt there's been any kind of economic impact study. They risk making the idea of reparations backfire so badly that they'll turn it into a meme and discredit the proposition from now to eternity.

When was there ever slavery of blacks in Californica?

Answer carefully. You WILL be asked for links.

Who are you paying? No one alive today (or before for that matter) deserves any ‘reparations’.

When was there ever slavery of blacks in Californica?

Answer carefully. You WILL be asked for links..

I don't think it's necessary for California to establish whether there was or wasn't slavery; there was slavery and Jim Crow in the United States, which suffices fine. The fact that CA was comparatively less racist than Alabama doesn't make their proposal unreasonable. Many of those African Americans who moved into CA, like those who moved to Northern states, were fleeing oppression in the South. And they weren't really welcomed with open arms elsewhere either.

But since you asked, here's at least one reference:

I don't think it's necessary for California to establish whether there was or wasn't slavery; there was slavery and Jim Crow in the United States, which suffices fine. The fact that CA was comparatively less racist than Alabama doesn't make their proposal unreasonable. Many of those African Americans who moved into CA, like those who moved to Northern states, were fleeing oppression in the South. And they weren't really welcomed with open arms elsewhere either.

But since you asked, here's at least one reference:

I'm not surprised that you don't get the point.

Thanks for trying.

Forum List

Back