Sounds like those slaves of Egypt really had it hard.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Exodus 16New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The Lord Provides Manna

3 The sons of Israel said to them, Would that we had died by the Lord’s hand in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the pots of meat, when we ate bread to the full; for you have brought us out into this wilderness to kill this whole assembly with hunger.”

Of course I do not believe the exodus story as wrote, its known people went down to Egypt for work, in the bible Jacobs family did, they ran out of food, Abraham did as well. Sounds like they had it hard hey,

pots of meat, and ate bread all to the full. (today in the world many are starving)

There is no evidence of the OT mass exodus out of Egypt.

Last edited:
The Lord Provides Manna

3 The sons of Israel said to them, Would that we had died by the Lord’s hand in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the pots of meat, when we ate bread to the full; for you have brought us out into this wilderness to kill this whole assembly with hunger.”

Of course I do not believe the exodus story as wrote, its known people went down to Egypt for work, in the bible Jacobs family did, they ran out of food, Abraham did as well. Sounds like they had it hard hey,

pots of meat, and ate bread all to the full. (today in world many are starving)

gee------what a brilliant OP --------so early in the morning, no less. FELLOW POSTERS
JOIN THE DISCUSSION!!!!!!!!. I am really tired of the comey vs trump thing------time for
CATECHISM CLASS

for at least a modicum of creativity and intellect------see the the Krishna/Shiva/Vishnu post.
I am a little put-off by the misuse of Indian art which is sublime, (that is, I hope that our board
hindus are not offended) but it does beat the farts of the slutty catechism nun. The imaginary
discussion is, to my mind----a little flawed. The players seem out of character------but there is
SUBSTANCE

When you say there is no evidence of the Exodus, are you saying "other than the Bible there is no evidence of the Exodus."

Because the Bible IS evidence.

Someone wrote down the story, and this person meant for the story to be believed as something that actually happened.

If you're saying it's all made up, then you still have to explain how all those Israelites somehow got to the land between Egypt and Lebanon, conquered the people who lived there, and formed their own country, which they called Israel.

Unless you're saying there really never was an Israel either, and that was made up too.

At what point did any of it become "real" in your mind?

To claim that Exodus is part of a founding mythology is to ignore that many of the Jew's modern traditions and religious practices come directly from the Exodus events, including their most important holiday Passover.

To claim that Exodus is part of a founding mythology is to ignore that many of the Jew's modern traditions and religious practices come directly from the Exodus events, including their most important holiday Passover.
It seems that some things may be way over your head.
So instead of responding to my counter-argument, you insult me.

When you say there is no evidence of the Exodus, are you saying "other than the Bible there is no evidence of the Exodus."

Because the Bible IS evidence.

Someone wrote down the story, and this person meant for the story to be believed as something that actually happened.

If you're saying it's all made up, then you still have to explain how all those Israelites somehow got to the land between Egypt and Lebanon, conquered the people who lived there, and formed their own country, which they called Israel.

Unless you're saying there really never was an Israel either, and that was made up too.

At what point did any of it become "real" in your mind?

The Exodus did not happen as told in the bible, yes that is what I mean. The Israelites are the Canaanites, they were already there. You can't leave Egypt when you are in Egypt.

It seems that some things may be way over your head.
So instead of responding to my counter-argument, you insult me.
Blackrock, that was not a counter-argument. Instead it was a syllogistic failure.

That is what they are stories, like fish stories growing larger by the years, tradition.

depends on how you define "mythology". My first impression of "MYTH" was way back----
the stories about THE "GODS"----like Poseidon, and Zeus and Hera ------I loved it----almost
as good as GRIMM. ----but there are other uses of the word "myth" -----like the mythology
that surrounds Abraham Lincoln. -----Getting back to ancient times, ODYSSEUS, certainly
seems like 100% story book, but there really war between some of the greek city states and
Troy. I am not sure about the ACHILLES HEEL thing. or the bag of wind that Poseidon
handed to Odysseus. ------Mount Olympus and the family of "gods" upon it is in no way
comparable to the founding "myths" which are the "real enough" histories of mankind
from the ODYSSEY to the EXODUS to GEORGE WASHINGTON and the cherry tree.
It might help if there were different words to describe the stories. "MYTH" is too non-specific.

You say Exodus did not happen, but that is a guess based on nothing more than your belief that NOTHING in the Bible is true or worthy of your belief. There is nothing rational or logical in that approach. Certainly, the Bible can't ALL be a complete fabrication. The existence of the Jewish and Christian religions are some sort of proof, for these religions did not come out of nothing.

I believe that Moses was a leader who led a migration into what was to become Judea. I do not believe the Red Sea parted, he had a chat with God or lived to be 130 years old.

You say Exodus did not happen, but that is a guess based on nothing more than your belief that NOTHING in the Bible is true or worthy of your belief. There is nothing rational or logical in that approach. Certainly, the Bible can't ALL be a complete fabrication. The existence of the Jewish and Christian religions are some sort of proof, for these religions did not come out of nothing.

No its on evidence , archeology , logic and also history.

If you're saying there is no evidence of the Israelites' enslavement in Egyptian records, then that's your argument, I guess.

Would the Egyptians have made a written record of the activities of their slaves?

If you're saying there is no evidence of the Israelites' enslavement in Egyptian records, then that's your argument, I guess.

Would the Egyptians have made a written record of the activities of their slaves?

Oh I'm sure they had slaves, even the Hebrews did, just as the Romans. All this shows is workers:

Evidence+of+Israelite+Slavery+in+Egypt3.jpg

builders, laborers, might of worked for food and lodging. We have slave labor today.

Last edited:
The Lord Provides Manna

pots of meat, and ate bread all to the full. (today in the world many are starving)

I believe that Moses was a leader who led a migration into what was to become Judea. I do not believe the Red Sea parted, he had a chat with God or lived to be 130 years old.

just off the top-------I believe that the age of Moses at death was supposed to have been 120.
As to Moses having been an historic leader------one would have to be really stupid to
assume that something like him and the people-------did not exist. The evidence is
etymologic------migrations of peoples are more accurately traced by the development
of their languages than by fragments of surviving underwear. It is a fact that the language
of the book "exodus" is Hebrew and not Egyptian----but, very importantly ----the Hebrew
language at that point, reveals some influence by the Egyptian language. The splitting of
the sea is no more important in history than is the bag of wind handed to Odysseus
by Poseidon, or George's cherry tree. Getting back to Moses at age 120----since I have
relatives from the Mid-east------I will clue you in. Over there one is EITHER "little" (young)
or OLD..... birthdays are not reliably recorded. Hubby invented one for himself and had
to get it legalized in order to apply for a passport. For the record----Jesus and Muhummad
probably existed too. ---------without birth certificates. JOHNNY APPLESEED existed too.

Forum List

Back