Sounds like Viet Nam...

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
...or the last days of Nazi Germany.

Gives continuing meaning to the oft used complaint by soldiers.

"The unqualified leading the unwilling to do the unnecessary."

There is some evidence that some Russian soldiers did as some G.I.s did during the Viet Nam war. They found a safe place, hunkered down there, and avoided engaging with the enemy. Smart.

There is some evidence that some Russian soldiers did as some G.I.s did during the Viet Nam war. They found a safe place, hunkered down there, and avoided engaging with the enemy. Smart.
I think the original quote was We are the unwilling, led by the unqualified, to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.

"the new Atlas" and "the Duran" are two non-partisan objective analysis shows on Youtube about the Ukraine / Russia conflict that I fully recommend. Both shows are neither pro-Ukraine or pro-Russia and have regular updates as situations on the ground change.
Because the majority of the news the media feeds to the American people about the war is bogus nonsense.

Last edited:

Contrary to popular media propaganda a majority of young Russian men and women are highly patriotic—or used to be—quite recently. As recently as 2017 my US Army unit trained with Russian Army peers from across a variety of combat arms. To a man those Russians were professional, motivated, well trained soldiers; we befriended several of them. I suppose my view of the Russian military at large is much different than that of most couch potato/social media hummingbird Americans who casually swallow whatever the mass media cable outlets feed them.

I have never viewed individual Russians as my enemy—or the enemy of our country, save perhaps for way back in the 80's when the USSR was still going strong and hating them was fashionable, from a worldview of pure ignorance. I see the Russians as a fiercely proud, patriotic, human people who must exist in the dual shadows of our American Empire with its ceaseless Western superiority complex and the uncertainty of where their country actually falls in the pecking order of the global powers that be.

While I also do not see Ukrainians as allies nor enemies either, I certainly do not believe America or American soldiers owe the Ukrainians a single drop of blood or tears or national treasure.

Forum List

Back