Source of ethics, and morality

"Good and evil" is necessary for rejuvenation and continuity of the Universe.

Interesting. Mind explaining how that works?

Or were you just kidding.
Things must die. Otherwise we would be overpopulated. And things must be born. How happy is a momma to see her new baby?

Yes but that doesn't explain death being evil. Birth and death are neither good nor evil.
Is there anything good about death? Then I'd catagorize it as evil.
Is there anything good about death? Then I'd catagorize it as evil.

the physiology comes to an end - if you are a smoker and kick early, to bad for you ... the idea is to free your Spirit from your physiology before it perishes, by becoming pure as judged hopefully by the Almighty or you might be joined by Hitler at the dinner table. as a goal for some or simply enjoy the given life and pass hapily - no evil need be implied.

.. The only way to insure that a lawgiver is moral is that their laws conform to a morality that is independent of the lawgiver, and to which the lawgiver is confined. ....

This is the crux of your point, and it is both unsupported AND projecting a human limitation.
Unsupported? So, are you suggesting that there have never been immoral laws? If there have been immoral laws, then what differentiates moral from immoral laws? It is certainly not the virtue of laws being delivered by a lawgiver, as the lawgivers have delivered both moral, and immoral laws.
Outcomes. Good trees do not produce bad fruit. It seems to me that you are making a case for absolute morals.

since an atheist is as alive as a theist there must be a morality in simply being alive and with a Triumph of Good vs Evil either would be as likely to set their Spirit free as the other ... the correct purity is the key to the Everlasting.

may the Almighty have mercy for defcoon4.

how about evil in the gene pool, that's the point only purity is what counts ... and being a part of the Everlasting is the necessary ingredient. than simply perishing.

Evil is a perception. It is necessary to accomplish catabolism and anabolism. Learn and live. The Almighty has already extended His mercy to Defcon4. You are late, where have you been when I needed you?

since an atheist is as alive as a theist there must be a morality in simply being alive and with a Triumph of Good vs Evil either would be as likely to set their Spirit free as the other ... the correct purity is the key to the Everlasting.

how about evil in the gene pool, that's the point only purity is what counts ... and being a part of the Everlasting is the necessary ingredient. than simply perishing.

Evil is a perception. It is necessary to accomplish catabolism and anabolism. Learn and live. The Almighty has already extended His mercy to Defcon4. You are late, where have you been when I needed you?
Evil is the absence of good. No one does evil for evil's sake. They do evil for the sake of their own good. The interesting thing is that when they violate the law of right and wrong, rather than abandoning the concept, they rationalize they didn't. Thus proving that man prefers good over evil, and will use moral relativity to justify his violation of natural law.

Last edited:

Evil is a perception.

images

entering the Everlasting requires for one to reach the Apex of Knowledge ... to do so would require even the perception of evil to no longer exist ... your welcome.

Evil is a perception.

images

entering the Everlasting requires for one to reach the Apex of Knowledge ... to do so would require even the perception of evil to no longer exist ... your welcome.

Don't pat yourself on the back yet. Untapped power and knowledge comes with an approval and it is granted to people who were tried by fire and water. Go back to your studies of the cube and stuff. You will realize that humility and modesty is a must.

Evil is the absence of good. No one does evil for evil's sake. They do evil for the sake of their own good. The interesting thing is that when they violate the law of right and wrong, rather than abandoning the concept, they rationalize they didn't. Thus proving that man prefers good over evil, and will use moral relativity to justify his violation of natural law.
"Evil" is destruction as we perceive it. It is necessary for releasing the power of tension between "good" and "evil."

Evil is a perception.

images

How then, does one recognise good?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

"Evil" is destruction as we perceive it. It is necessary for releasing the power of tension between "good" and "evil."
Good can come from bad and bad can come from good.

Evil is a perception.

images

How then, does one recognise good?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
By being objective.

So none of you can define 'evil' yet you all have so much to say about it. Odd.

Well, isn't that rather the point? The concepts of good and evil are entirely subjective, making any sort of definitive definition of the terms, not relevant to each other, rather difficult.

Ok then why would it be universally accepted that someone with a gun who murders 43 2nd grade innocent school children has committed an evil act?

Well, isn't that rather the point? The concepts of good and evil are entirely subjective, making any sort of definitive definition of the terms, not relevant to each other, rather difficult.

Ok then why would it be universally accepted that someone with a gun who murders 43 2nd grade innocent school children has committed an evil act?
I would submit that it wouldn't. Clearly the someone who did that didn't think it was evil. Or, are you suggesting that some people do evil for the sake of evil? I present to you Hitler, and the NAZIs who thought it was not at all evil to kill 400,000 men, women, and children.

Last edited:

I would submit that it wouldn't. Clearly the someone who did that didn't think it was evil. Or, are you suggesting that some people do evil for the sake of evil? I present to you Hitler, and the NAZIs who thought it was not at all evil to kill 400,000 men, women, and children.
Which is why moral relativism is wrong.

No. Good and evil are not subjective. Moral relativism is subjective. By your logic hot and cold are subjective because their definitions are relevant to each other. Relevance is not a condition of subjectivity. Perception is a condition of subjectivity.

Last edited:

Evil is a perception.

images

Don't pat yourself on the back yet. Untapped power and knowledge comes with an approval and it is granted to people who were tried by fire and water. Go back to your studies of the cube and stuff. You will realize that humility and modesty is a must.
Untapped power and knowledge comes with an approval and it is granted to people who were tried by fire and water.

with an approval

oh, do you prey on your knees rather than accomplish the goal yourself, eventually you will have to sink or swim on your own - who said anything about "power"

and it is granted to people who were tried by fire and water.

the final judgement of what the individual has accomplished such as abolishing evil than believing it is a perception is not a grant in life ...

Then you are one of those people who have an irrational fear of taking a position on anything. This makes you a tool of all manner of moral depravity and oppressive ideologies. I find that many of the alt-Left have this phobia.

Evil is the absence of good just like darkness is the absence of light and cold is the absence of heat.

I would put a finer point on it and say that the ground, evil manifests upon, is the ground absent of compassion - the place where self cherishing is established in full. Once this happens, evil actions can be born from evil thoughts.

Forum List

Back