Spaghetti hamburger?!?

So I have got a wild hair up my ass and want to create something fun. So I thought about a spaghetti hamburger. Make a bun out of noodles, patty, mozze cheese, slice of tomato and some of my homemade tomato sauce. My only problem is figuring out how to make the noodles stick good enough to make a usable bun..
I was conversing with my mom about it and she gave me a great idea. Panko!
So i thought on that and figured i would try this : Cook the noodles down and then quarter them. Mix up some panko and some milk and make it REALLY thick. Stir in the noodles and shape them up. Lightly fry. Maybe even broil?
Do you think it will work?
Make a thick Bechamel with Gruyere cheese which is Mornay sauce. It will hold your pasta together. Then put a portion into a large mold like a 6" biscuit cutter on top of a buttered flat top. You will be fine with that.

I still cant get past the the starch content of a noodle bun.
Have any of you actually tried one?

So I have got a wild hair up my ass and want to create something fun. So I thought about a spaghetti hamburger. Make a bun out of noodles, patty, mozze cheese, slice of tomato and some of my homemade tomato sauce. My only problem is figuring out how to make the noodles stick good enough to make a usable bun..
So i thought on that and figured i would try this : Cook the noodles down and then quarter them. Mix up some panko and some milk and make it REALLY thick. Stir in the noodles and shape them up. Lightly fry. Maybe even broil?
Make a thick Bechamel with Gruyere cheese which is Mornay sauce. It will hold your pasta together. Then put a portion into a large mold like a 6" biscuit cutter on top of a buttered flat top. You will be fine with that.

I still cant get past the the starch content of a noodle bun.
Have any of you actually tried one?
Do cellophane noodles from your friendly Oriental market.

Its not a weird combination. Its a combination that gets eaten in millions of households every week. Its just an unorthodox way of doing it.
A lot about cooking is creativity ;)

Not sure how I feel about crunchy spaghetti. :)
--------------------------------------------- i remember 63 or so years ago , its 7 oclock at night , nearest store for potato chips or snacks was 10 miles away , Dad was away on business with the car and we kids wanted a snack . MOM would boil some spaghetti noodles fry them up , break them up . salt them , and we kids would shut up ChrisL .

Its not a weird combination. Its a combination that gets eaten in millions of households every week. Its just an unorthodox way of doing it.
A lot about cooking is creativity ;)

Not sure how I feel about crunchy spaghetti. :)
--------------------------------------------- i remember 63 or so years ago , its 7 oclock at night , nearest store for potato chips or snacks was 10 miles away , Dad was away on business with the car and we kids wanted a snack . MOM would boil some spaghetti noodles fry them up , break them up . salt them , and we kids would shut up ChrisL .

To each their own I guess. Doesn't sound too appetizing to me!

I made the bun and it wasn't bad. I cooked the noddles and mixed it in salt, pepper, egg and parm cheese. Tossed the noodles in it, set in shrink wrap and put a bowl on top of it. Left if for 30 min or so then lightly fried. Fully functional and tasted good. They definitely need to be thin though unless you are doing sliders or something.
I didn't get to do the hamburgers because I forgot to lay out the hamburger meat to thaw so I had to do regular spaghetti :/
I cooked all day yesterday and never even THOUGHT about the meat lol

I made the bun and it wasn't bad. I cooked the noddles and mixed it in salt, pepper, egg and parm cheese. Tossed the noodles in it, set in shrink wrap and put a bowl on top of it. Left if for 30 min or so then lightly fried. Fully functional and tasted good. They definitely need to be thin though unless you are doing sliders or something.
I didn't get to do the hamburgers because I forgot to lay out the hamburger meat to thaw so I had to do regular spaghetti :/

So you just ate the spaghetti buns with no meat? Blasphemy!

i think it is abusive to make one and the other eat the failures why you call out for delivery.....in my humble opinion
LOL the spaghetti was good!
I just couldn't make a patty so I just put it in my sauce.
But we will be doing it this weekend. I wont forget about the fucking meat this time.

So you just ate the spaghetti buns with no meat? Blasphemy!
No lol. I tried yesterday morning. But when I got ready to make all the buns for dinner, I realized my ham meat was still frozen. I had to thaw it in microwave so I just made regular spaghetti :/

I am thread banning bonsey from my food threads from now on.

I recently saw a recipe where you make pizza crust out of noodles.

I've got more solutions, it just came to me.
I often make fried ravioli that is chewy not crispy, you can form a bun from them or make your own ravioli pasta in the size of a bun, boil it then later fry it.
Another solution Add chedar cheese slice to spaghetti which binds with it when fried in a pan to be crisp. You know, like how they form a bowl out of fried cheese.

shew that might be to much for me. The ham bun I made was almost too much. Might even out more with the sauce cheese and meat on it though.

shew that might be to much for me. The ham bun I made was almost too much. Might even out more with the sauce cheese and meat on it though.
Yeah, those 3 are pretty light.

Forum List

Back