Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s new debt limit negotiating proposal will include broad moves to restrict food assistance for millions of low-income Americans

There is no negotiation. President Joseph Biden (God's choice) has already said that he's not negotiating because it's not his responsibility to raise the debt ceiling, it's the House's responsibility, and he's correct. McCarthy will either raise it with votes from the House, or he will be responsible for the consequences. That's pretty much it. And if he fucks this up, God help him. The reverberations will affect all Americans for the worse, and Democratic ads will focus on this wholly Republican failure.
actually nothing can get passed unless it also passes the senate…and then signed by the president

The Speaker can’t do it unilaterally

i guess we shouldn’t be surprised to see the President ducking responsibility

No you don't! You cannot buy scratch off tickets or COLT 45s. Why do you lie about things like this? Is it your deep-seated racism showing its ugly face?

Households CANNOT use SNAP benefits to buy:
  • Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, or tobacco
  • Any nonfood items such as:
    • Pet foods
    • Cleaning supplies, paper products, and other household supplies.
    • Hygiene items, cosmetic
You must not get out much.

WE WILL CRASH THE ECONOMY UNLESS YOU AGREE TO CUT NUTRITION ASSISTANCE FOR POOR CHILDREN does not feel like a winning strategy to me. Americans just aren't that mean. They want to help poor, hungry children.

Wow, somebody overdosed on the Kool Aid.......

....is what I would say if I didn't already know you don't mean anything you say, ever, and have no core convictions about anything.

Carry on.

I hate this bastard and the far right that advances his anti-poor and cruel agenda. May he be short lived as a speaker and then burn in hell. It is time to reelect the democrats so we can double food help for the poor! Jesus would want it that way!

The states have already put on a requirement to work it came with the welfare reform act of 1995.

PRWORA granted states greater latitude in administering social welfare programs, and implemented new requirements on welfare recipients, including a five-year lifetime limit on benefits. After the passage of the law, the number of individuals receiving federal welfare dramatically declined.

Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act - Wikipedia

Right. Single mothers with 7 Children go to work. Gove it a rest please. JustvOne day//

WE WILL CRASH THE ECONOMY UNLESS YOU AGREE TO CUT NUTRITION ASSISTANCE FOR POOR CHILDREN does not feel like a winning strategy to me. Americans just aren't that mean. They want to help poor, hungry children.

EBT is a wealth transfer. Do you think it's fair that some scumbag able bodied adult who just gets out of jail but has a bunch of kids can get $300 plus a month or more in food assistance but veterans don't?

I gave you the fucking link you GD grunt racist asshole. STFU or join my extensive ignore list as someone unable to carry there end of a discussion.

There are many reports of the cards sold for less than face value ( cash ) used for drugs, booze, Smokes or other banned goods. Unscupulous vendors can make 25% - 50% markup.

Forum List

Back