Speaking of buying influence, Trump good as bought Christie for $250K

Quick, someone tell me again how Trump is supposed to bring an end to corruption.

"You know, Chris paid off his entire campaign debt tonight, right? His entire debt," said Trump.

Trump Helps Chris Christie Pay off His Campaign Debt

#1 Throwing a fundraiser isn't the same thing as reaching into your pocket for your checkbook.

#2 It wasn't Christie writing a check for Trump's campaign so as usual, your comment makes zero sense

#3 Perhaps people didn't post on this thread because they came to the same conclusion I did.

You lack substance, son....you need to work on that.

Yeah, I don't see the corruption. I don't like either guy. I had hopes for Christie, but he truly is corrupt.

They are all corrupt and compromised or they wouldn't be in the position they are in. I see politics as nothing but really bad theater. Seriously, I can't believe I wasted so much time defending that POS Bush and the neocon faction.

So fundraising, which every President and many politicians have done / does is 'buying influence' to you?

You do realize that in influence peddling it is the NON-politician/candidate that gives money to the candidate / politician, not the other way around, right?!

Oh, and Obama / Hillary would NEVER be engaged in any of this, right?!

:p

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-01-28/obamas-parting-gift-to-hillary-Clinton

Last week campaign disclosure reports revealed that Hillary Clinton had finally retired the debt from her 2008 presidential campaign—with a little help from the guy who beat her, Barack Obama.

In order not to run afoul of campaign finance laws, the Obama team had to find people who had not already given Clinton the 2008 maximum primary donation of $2,300 or maxed out their total federal candidate donations during the 2012 cycle ($46,200). And of course, those people also had to be warmly disposed toward Clinton and still have plenty of free cash on hand.

The team found them by assigning an intern to comb through the records at OpenSecrets.org and see who still had room to give. In the end, it took the checkbooks of about 120 people and several months to retire the debt.

Yeah, I don't see the corruption. I don't like either guy. I had hopes for Christie, but he truly is corrupt.

They are all corrupt and compromised or they wouldn't be in the position they are in. I see politics as nothing but really bad theater. Seriously, I can't believe I wasted so much time defending that POS Bush and the neocon faction.
I think this is one appeal Trump has for those who support him. But, the fact is that since Adams and Jefferson squared off, there's been corruption. The question comes in when you consider how much effect that has on policy.

Personally, I dislike Hillary, but her corruption is not directly about money. It's about amassing power. She's dangerous of course, but she's not selling secrets to Iran or anything. But her positions on trade and Wall St, for example, are fair issues.

Imo, Trumps simply an egomaniac narcissist, who has no clue even about basic govt funding let alone foreign policy ... where he's more dangerous than cancer.

What a pair.

ps have a good weekend

I think this is one appeal Trump has for those who support him. But, the fact is that since Adams and Jefferson squared off, there's been corruption. The question comes in when you consider how much effect that has on policy.

Personally, I dislike Hillary, but her corruption is not directly about money. It's about amassing power. She's dangerous of course, but she's not selling secrets to Iran or anything. But her positions on trade and Wall St, for example, are fair issues.

Imo, Trumps simply an egomaniac narcissist, who has no clue even about basic govt funding let alone foreign policy ... where he's more dangerous than cancer.

What a pair.

The presidency is just a figurehead. The last president that tried to take back the power back from the "shadow "government" was JFK. They have had 53 years of puppets ever since and have only become more entrenched. Eisenhower left office a very bitter man because he felt like he had lost control over this huge entity. That was why he gave the speech that he did when he left. The military industrial complex and their banking pals are the shadow government. What scares me about Hitlery is that she would be really good at pushing their agenda and one of the biggest things is disarming the public. Trump? I don't know if he was put in this position to make sure Hitlery wins or if he really thinks he could change the way things are. Anyone that ever tries to expose the seedy and utterly corrupt way business is ran in D.C can count on getting whacked.

Forum List

Back