Sperm donor to lesbian couple ordered to pay child support

he should have gotten the legal protection at the time.

That is the lesson here.

Read, you moron. He and the couple had a signed agreement in which he gave up custody and they gave up claims for future support. The state is ignoring this agreement.

The state never signed this agreement.

If these women got sperm from a sperm bank, this wouldn't be an issue. They decided to save a few bucks by going on Craig's List...

The lesson is- stay away from Craig's List.

Actually they tried to go to a sperm bank, but the doctor refused them because they are gay.

Read, you moron. He and the couple had a signed agreement in which he gave up custody and they gave up claims for future support. The state is ignoring this agreement.

The state never signed this agreement.

If these women got sperm from a sperm bank, this wouldn't be an issue. They decided to save a few bucks by going on Craig's List...

The lesson is- stay away from Craig's List.

Actually they tried to go to a sperm bank, but the doctor refused them because they are gay.

Good for the doctor. At least we have one sane person.

For future reference I have noted not to make civil requests to you to not sidetrack a thread with a different topic entirely because it will only be met with derision .

my interaction with someone i've been posting with for years is really none of your business.

again, there isn't a thread where allie doesn't say that the government should force women to carry pregnancy to term. i know who i'm talking to and i have every right to call her on her obvious hypocrisy.

as for 'civil requests', it would have to be a request that was yours to make.

Yep. If Babble ever gets her way (forced birth) then the state will have to pay for each unwanted child.

She doesn't think clearly, poor thing.
Don't forget forced castration of men.

read my response directly below this post of yours.
Much appreciated, but I'd like to know what agreement between the parents KG thinks isn't recognized by the courts.

The written agreement in which the father is absolved of responsibility. For one thing, even if the agreement were valid and the mother really did give up the right to support. The state was not part of that agreement and isn't bound by it. The reason why sperm banks can promise anonymity and freedom from parental responsibility is because the state agreed, in advance, to give these organizations the power to act for the state in making these agreements. Craigslist has no such ability.

Except that the law is so poorly written that even if they had purchased the sperm from a sperm bank, the donor could still be sued for child support.

my interaction with someone i've been posting with for years is really none of your business.

again, there isn't a thread where allie doesn't say that the government should force women to carry pregnancy to term. i know who i'm talking to and i have every right to call her on her obvious hypocrisy.

as for 'civil requests', it would have to be a request that was yours to make.

Yep. If Babble ever gets her way (forced birth) then the state will have to pay for each unwanted child.

She doesn't think clearly, poor thing.
Don't forget forced castration of men.

I think she'd like that. :D

he should have gotten the legal protection at the time.

That is the lesson here.

Hey, dumbfuck, do you ever take the time to read anything?

Marotta who has relinquished all parental rights, including financial responsibility, under the 2009 agreement said he's preparing for a lengthy legal fight that has already cost him several thousand dollars. He expects it will likely "put a damper on things" for other people considering the same move.

Umm you also must have legal standing to make such contract.

Let's try something besides child support.

Suppose you own a piece of property and I want to use it. Now suppose KG and I draw up a contract which meets all your above requirements for me to use your property. IS that okay?
And, what makes you think a man and a woman have no legal standing to enter into a contract?

Which element is not met between the donor and the turkey baster user?

Your attempt at an analogy to this situation is fine, but I find it irrelevant as this is a contract between the man and the turkey baster user, not a third party.

You cannot contract away the rights of a third party. That's the part you aren't understanding. You can't make a contract that binds a third party to YOUR contract without their consent. A parent cannot contract the right of a child to support from the other parent away. That right exists independently of the two parties. An individual cannot contract the right of the state to reimbursement for money expended without their consent. That right exists independently of the two contracting parties.

The turkey baster user is precluded from asking for money for herself, but she and the child are independent individuals. The state is independent of the contract. Neither are bound by the contract.
Actually, you CAN contract away the rights of a parent. The court does that quite often.

If these people had carried on their merry way without ever attempting to get free stuff from the government, then dad would never have had to pay.

But the minute you ask the state to pay your bills, the state is going to abide by the REAL law, and they are going to pursue child support for your kid. When you sign an application for welfare (medical or tanf) that application is an agreement that the state can pursue child support. If you don't agree, outside of good cause (which is always fear of reprisal/violence against you or the children) then you are ineligible for welfare.

That's the way it works. This family is perfectly within their rights to hold one parent completely harmless of any responsibility for the child. Until they ask someone else to support the child. Then THAT party has every right to attempt to attach the resources of absent parents in order to recoup what they are paying.

If they don't like it, they need to pay the kid's bills themselves.

Wow. Seriously, you get crazier by the day.

There was a way this woman could have gotten away with it. She could have lied and said she got laid in an alley someplace and never saw his face or knew his name.

There was a way this woman could have gotten away with it. She could have lied and said she got laid in an alley someplace and never saw his face or knew his name.

The state threatened her. She was told her child would be denied Medicare if she didn't name the biological father.

One of my first threads on this forum kind of concerned this topic. If women can opt out of parenthood by aborting a child without so much as consulting with the father of the child, then a man should also have an option of opting out of parenthood. Prior to birth, at the very least, a man should be able to opt out and not have to pay any child support or have anything to do with the child. It is a disgusting double standard that women can say "no thanks" to the good ole stork and abort the child, even if the father wants to keep it, but that a man can't opt out as well. Apparently they are good enough to help you get pregnant and to pay for the child if you decide to keep it, but not good enough to include in the decision to rear a child.

One of my first threads on this forum kind of concerned this topic. If women can opt out of parenthood by aborting a child without so much as consulting with the father of the child, then a man should also have an option of opting out of parenthood. Prior to birth, at the very least, a man should be able to opt out and not have to pay any child support or have anything to do with the child. It is a disgusting double standard that women can say "no thanks" to the good ole stork and abort the child, even if the father wants to keep it, but that a man can't opt out as well. Apparently they are good enough to help you get pregnant and to pay for the child if you decide to keep it, but not good enough to include in the decision to rear a child.

I 100% agree that men should be able to opt out.

The state threatened her. She was told her child would be denied Medicare if she didn't name the biological father.

She could have told the truth and just said she is stupid and didn't bother to ask his name.

The father might well have an action against the lesbian mother for violating the confidentiality agreement between the two.

My sluttly step granddaughter has four children and gets full welfare for all. She has no idea who the fathers of any of her children are. She was required to name names. The accused fathers rightly demanded a DNA test and it turned out to be none of the guys she named. It hasn't hurt her in the slightest.

My sluttly step granddaughter has four children and gets full welfare for all. She has no idea who the fathers of any of her children are. She was required to name names. The accused fathers rightly demanded a DNA test and it turned out to be none of the guys she named. It hasn't hurt her in the slightest.

That's a nice story and has nothing to do with what I said.

What a lovely story... so Christmassy!!!

If these people had carried on their merry way without ever attempting to get free stuff from the government, then dad would never have had to pay.

But the minute you ask the state to pay your bills, the state is going to abide by the REAL law, and they are going to pursue child support for your kid. When you sign an application for welfare (medical or tanf) that application is an agreement that the state can pursue child support. If you don't agree, outside of good cause (which is always fear of reprisal/violence against you or the children) then you are ineligible for welfare.

That's the way it works. This family is perfectly within their rights to hold one parent completely harmless of any responsibility for the child. Until they ask someone else to support the child. Then THAT party has every right to attempt to attach the resources of absent parents in order to recoup what they are paying.

Why is that crazy?

Why is that crazy?
Trying to justify the states attempt to force a sperm donor to pay child support is crazy. Trying to make this a gay issue, is crazy. There is so much crazy in that rant, it overflows.

I don't really care if you think being gay is sinful or gross, you should still be able to realize that the law is wrong, and the state is wrong. If the couple in question were a divorced man and woman, instead of two women, would it still be acceptable to you for the state to go after their sperm donor for child support?

Forum List

Back