Sperm donor to lesbian couple ordered to pay child support

I've argued the allowing men to opt out point before.

Some time before the end of the 1st trimester women should be required to legally notify any potential fathers, and then the father can make his intentions known, whether it is to give up all rights, or to assume responsibility. That way the woman can make an informed decision on whether to terminate or carry to term.

I agree, BUT that is not the current law, and never will be because of the reason stated above. The state considers child support to be due the child rather than the , in this case, mother. So the mother can not legally sign away the child's right to collect.

It's a sticky point for sure, and is reason why the guy in Kansas was a dumb fuck for not consulting an attorney who absolutely would have told him the same thing.

Apparently she CAN legally sign away the child's right IF a doctor is involved in conception.

Which doesn't protect the child.

I can't in my wildest imagination wrap my mind over buying sperm off of Craig's list.

it goes on all the time.

CBS) The FDA has issued a stern warning to Trent Arsenault of Fremont, California: Stop donating your sperm over the internet or you're going to prison.

PICTURES: Sperm: 15 crazy things you should know

The 36-year-old engineer at Hewlett-Packard has been donating his sperm online since 2006, when he answered a personal ad from a local couple trying to have children, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. Since then he's fathered 14 children and has more on the way. Last month alone he impregnated three women through his donated sperm.

FDA warns man to stop donating sperm over internet - HealthPop - CBS News

I've argued the allowing men to opt out point before.

Some time before the end of the 1st trimester women should be required to legally notify any potential fathers, and then the father can make his intentions known, whether it is to give up all rights, or to assume responsibility. That way the woman can make an informed decision on whether to terminate or carry to term.

I agree, BUT that is not the current law, and never will be because of the reason stated above. The state considers child support to be due the child rather than the , in this case, mother. So the mother can not legally sign away the child's right to collect.

It's a sticky point for sure, and is reason why the guy in Kansas was a dumb fuck for not consulting an attorney who absolutely would have told him the same thing.

Apparently she CAN legally sign away the child's right IF a doctor is involved in conception.

Bet not.

Bet you had she went through a doctor and then on welfare, same result.

Or more interesting. Say the child is 14 and suddenly decides dad owes child support, what then????????

I would bet against the father in both instances; and to be honest not sure how I feel about that.

I can't in my wildest imagination wrap my mind over buying sperm off of Craig's list.

it goes on all the time.

CBS) The FDA has issued a stern warning to Trent Arsenault of Fremont, California: Stop donating your sperm over the internet or you're going to prison.

The 36-year-old engineer at Hewlett-Packard has been donating his sperm online since 2006, when he answered a personal ad from a local couple trying to have children, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. Since then he's fathered 14 children and has more on the way. Last month alone he impregnated three women through his donated sperm.

gag

People are insane.

it goes on all the time.

My Lord, what kind of nut bag woman would accept the sperm of a man from San Fransisco under ANY circumstances?

it goes on all the time.

gag

People are insane.

they sure are!

A sperm donor is not a parent. And yes, it is 100% wrong for the state to attempt to collect money from someone who is in no way, shape or form, the parent of a child.

He was a sperm donor ONLY to the women. To the state he was as much of a father as the guy who thought he was having a one night stand.

Which is utter nonsense.

Kanas needs to change its law. If they rule agaisnt the donor on the basis that the insemination wasn't performed by a doctor, they are opening up a huge can of worms, which would allow any woman who uses a sperm donor to turn around and sue for support.

Do you think they DON'T? Of course they do. The words "Honest I'm on the pill" is not a legal defense. Aside from the fact that the mother of the child in this case is making no such claim herself. She doesn't care if the father pays child support. It's the state that cares and the state that is pursuing an action against daddy dearest. By not going through recognized channels, father occupies the same place as a man who answers a Craig's list ad for sex and ends up fathering a child.

Bet not.

Bet you had she went through a doctor and then on welfare, same result.

Or more interesting. Say the child is 14 and suddenly decides dad owes child support, what then????????

I would bet against the father in both instances; and to be honest not sure how I feel about that.
The article I read on this states that IF she had gone through a doctor there would be no question of the state trying to collect child support, per state law.

This seems ethically wrong. In both cases the child is the innocent victim.

Imagine if he was forced to.pay and then told he could not ne involved with that child. Damn.
I've seen that sort of bullshit happen....personally seen it.

How anyone who has passed the bar can tolerate doing "family" law without puking at least three times a week, is beyond me.

Child support is not a payment that provides the payer with carte blanche to visit the child. It's child support, meant to support the child; not to give the absent parent access to the child.

I wish people would get that straight. Lots of people aren't allowed to see their children for whatever reasons, and the concept that a child should be denied support because the one paying didn't get his 2 day visit is ridiculous.

No one ever claimed that child support gives access to the child, we are pointing out that, if the state can force a sperm donor to pay child support despite a legal contract that absolves him of responsibility, aka adoption, that parent can use that premise to argue that he should be able to sue for custody.

he should have gotten the legal protection at the time.

That is the lesson here.

Read, you moron. He and the couple had a signed agreement in which he gave up custody and they gave up claims for future support. The state is ignoring this agreement.

The state never signed this agreement.

If these women got sperm from a sperm bank, this wouldn't be an issue. They decided to save a few bucks by going on Craig's List...

The lesson is- stay away from Craig's List.

The state is not a party to the agreement, so it did not have to sign. Nice of you to show your statist colors in thinking that the state should be a party to the private actions of consenting adults.

By the way, there are actually some valid medical reasons not to use a sperm bank.

How did they infringe?

Really? Have you seen all the shitty misbehaving children out there? I swear when we''re out somewhere even my kids are looking around like "what the fuck is wrong with these kids?"

I suppose you blame Bush for that LOL

We're not talking about "shitty misbehaving children". There is an innocent human being here. Are you nuts?

What are you babbling about? Post your evidence that gay parents somehow mess kids up, or shut up. Simple as that.

The evidence is the idiotic couple we're talking about. Shut me up.

Homosapiens are by nature heterosexual. These idiots who continually rebel against nature and push their new-age progressive agenda on innocent human beings and destroying their lives need to be spotlighted and prosecuted for child abuse just like anyone else who uses and abuses children.

Let's get real here. This is a twit who answered an ad on Craig's list. He kind of deserves to get burned.

If these ladies had gone to a reputable sperm bank, this wouldn't be an issue. They went the cheap route. And now this guy is going to have to pay, because, hey, he didn't get the anomynity a sperm bank provides.

Can't feel really bad for him.

Lets get really real here, you are a complete idiot.

What the fuck gives the state the power to override a legal contract just because the parties did something you do not like? Want to tell me again how I am pro big government and how I want to get the government into people's bedrooms?

Last edited:
If the couple has split and one of them is demanding child support, it should come from the former partner. What happened to the being treated like everyone else and equality?

Angela-Bauer-and-Jennifer-Schreiner.jpg

Everything was fine until this couple who adopted lots of children decided to board the government gravy train.

More of the same from across the pond:

Gay sperm donor ordered to pay child support for daughters 13 years later

BBC NEWS | UK | England | London | Sperm donor to pay child support

Homosapiens are by nature heterosexual. These idiots who continually rebel against nature and push their new-age progressive agenda on innocent human beings and destroying their lives need to be spotlighted and prosecuted for child abuse just like anyone else who uses and abuses children.

Jesus's mother wasn't heterosexual

it goes on all the time.

My Lord, what kind of nut bag woman would accept the sperm of a man from San Fransisco under ANY circumstances?

I am just saying this is not an isolated case of sperm off of the internet. There are other reasons, other then the legal ramifications, to go to a sperm bank.

My guess is that is because you cannot imagine anyone not wanting to go through a government approved checklist before they have sex.

he should have gotten the legal protection at the time.

That is the lesson here.

Read, you moron. He and the couple had a signed agreement in which he gave up custody and they gave up claims for future support. The state is ignoring this agreement.

Unfortunately for him, that paper means nothing. The state is going after him because the custodial parent is on welfare and any child support they collect will be used to reimburse the state for said welfare.

If there wasn't welfare involved the state would not give a fuck about this, book that.

That explains why states drop demands for child support payments when the parents are not on welfare.

Idiot.

If the couple has split and one of them is demanding child support, it should come from the former partner. What happened to the being treated like everyone else and equality?

Angela-Bauer-and-Jennifer-Schreiner.jpg

Everything was fine until this couple who adopted lots of children decided to board the government gravy train.

More of the same from across the pond:

Gay sperm donor ordered to pay child support for daughters 13 years later

BBC NEWS | UK | England | London | Sperm donor to pay child support

The state is demanding child support, not the mothers. While the couple has split, they still raise and support the children together. The mother who was working and supporting the family is ill, and can't work. They went to the state in the hopes of getting medical coverage for the baby, and we're told they would be denied unless they gave up the donors name.

Forum List

Back