Sperm donor to lesbian couple ordered to pay child support

government interference? you're worried about government interference in getting support for kids that you want government to force people to carry? you going to stick with that answer, allie?

abortion has NOTHING to do with this thread, please keep it that way.

have they given you moderator status?

it has everything to do with allie and the concept of government interference. and if you knew the board.and the people here, you'd know allie's standard rants.

if you don't want to respond, don't.

For future reference I have noted not to make civil requests to you to not sidetrack a thread with a different topic entirely because it will only be met with derision .

What agreement between the parents isn't recognized by the courts?

read my response directly below this post of yours.
Much appreciated, but I'd like to know what agreement between the parents KG thinks isn't recognized by the courts.

The written agreement in which the father is absolved of responsibility. For one thing, even if the agreement were valid and the mother really did give up the right to support. The state was not part of that agreement and isn't bound by it. The reason why sperm banks can promise anonymity and freedom from parental responsibility is because the state agreed, in advance, to give these organizations the power to act for the state in making these agreements. Craigslist has no such ability.

What agreement between the parents isn't recognized by the courts?

The agreement that the guy who fathered the baby has no responsibility for the child.
And, why do you think that contract between those two persons is not recognized by the courts?

FYI, there are four elements that must exist for a contract to be valid:

Offer
Acceptance
Intentions (wrt legal relations)
Consideration​

What element do you believe is absent in that contract between the donor and the turkey baster user?

Umm you also must have legal standing to make such contract.

Let's try something besides child support.

Suppose you own a piece of property and I want to use it. Now suppose KG and I draw up a contract which meets all your above requirements for me to use your property. IS that okay?

it has everything to do with allie and the concept of government interference. and if you knew the board.and the people here, you'd know allie's standard rants.

For future reference I have noted not to make civil requests to you to not sidetrack a thread with a different topic entirely because it will only be met with derision .

To progressives, every discussion is an opportunity to push baby killing, silly.

my interaction with someone i've been posting with for years is really none of your business.

again, there isn't a thread where allie doesn't say that the government should force women to carry pregnancy to term. i know who i'm talking to and i have every right to call her on her obvious hypocrisy.

as for 'civil requests', it would have to be a request that was yours to make.

The agreement that the guy who fathered the baby has no responsibility for the child.
And, why do you think that contract between those two persons is not recognized by the courts?

Offer
Acceptance
Consideration​

What element do you believe is absent in that contract between the donor and the turkey baster user?

Suppose you own a piece of property and I want to use it. Now suppose KG and I draw up a contract which meets all your above requirements for me to use your property. IS that okay?
And, what makes you think a man and a woman have no legal standing to enter into a contract?

Which element is not met between the donor and the turkey baster user?

Your attempt at an analogy to this situation is fine, but I find it irrelevant as this is a contract between the man and the turkey baster user, not a third party.

my interaction with someone i've been posting with for years is really none of your business.

again, there isn't a thread where allie doesn't say that the government should force women to carry pregnancy to term. i know who i'm talking to and i have every right to call her on her obvious hypocrisy.

Jillie is a well seasoned troll. Just ignore her.

I can only assume that by Allie you mean KG. I didn't see ANYONE in this thread mention anything about abortion until you did. I don't care about what has been happening for years in other threads. I only made a request re THIS thread.

no one said you didn't have a right to do so, in fact it really appears that of the two of us it is YOU who is trying to deny ME the right to post that I don't want to read ANY abortion bullshit in this thread.That isn't what this thread is about, and yes I would say the same if KG were in here pushing her abortion agenda in THIS thread.

This thread is not the appropriate place for that discussion since we are discussing parents who WILLINGLY had their children , in fact went out of their way to have children.

Yep. If Babble ever gets her way (forced birth) then the state will have to pay for each unwanted child.

She doesn't think clearly, poor thing.

Offer
Acceptance
Consideration​

And, what makes you think a man and a woman have no legal standing to enter into a contract?

Your attempt at an analogy to this situation is fine, but I find it irrelevant as this is a contract between the man and the turkey baster user, not a third party.

and you would be wrong because every state in the country under the umbrella of the guidelines set by the federal government has determined that there are two parties to child support. One is the parent paying the child support and the other is the child.

I really think it would be that way in any civilized country.

It really is that simple, under our legal system the custodial parent has NO right to decline child support. And honestly , the case we're talking about is a perfect illustration of why. "I don't need child support, sign me up for welfare" is exactly the type situation the state was hoping to avoid.

Even though this particular case is pretty atypical.

Yep. If Babble ever gets her way (forced birth) then the state will have to pay for each unwanted child.

She doesn't think clearly, poor thing.

Perfect example of why I made my request. THis was a perfectly civil thread until the subject of abortion was introduced.

Guess I'll bounce if that's the turn it's going to make.

Progressives hate these threads where their darlings, the lezbo welfare moms, look bad.

So they make it about all the reasons women should kill their babies legally. Because honestly, they'd be happiest if this lezbo would just off that baby and save them the discomfort of having to be slapped in the face with the supreme failure of their social engineering/eugenics experiment that is our welfare state.

Progressives hate these threads where their darlings, the lezbo welfare moms, look bad.

So they make it about all the reasons women should kill their babies legally. Because honestly, they'd be happiest if this lezbo would just off that baby and save them the discomfort of having to be slapped in the face with the supreme failure of their social engineering/eugenics experiment that is our welfare state.

does this site have a shaking head emoticon?

Good grief , that has NOTHING to do with this thread.

Alright,see yall in another thread I suppose.

The mothers look bad. The father looks bad. I find it hilarious that you side with this craig's list sperm donor.

The only person that is important in this story is the child.

The mothers look bad. The father looks bad. I find it hilarious that you side with this craig's list sperm donor.

:eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

Offer
Acceptance
Consideration​

You cannot contract away the rights of a third party. That's the part you aren't understanding. You can't make a contract that binds a third party to YOUR contract without their consent. A parent cannot contract the right of a child to support from the other parent away. That right exists independently of the two parties. An individual cannot contract the right of the state to reimbursement for money expended without their consent. That right exists independently of the two contracting parties.

The turkey baster user is precluded from asking for money for herself, but she and the child are independent individuals. The state is independent of the contract. Neither are bound by the contract.

If these people had carried on their merry way without ever attempting to get free stuff from the government, then dad would never have had to pay.

But the minute you ask the state to pay your bills, the state is going to abide by the REAL law, and they are going to pursue child support for your kid. When you sign an application for welfare (medical or tanf) that application is an agreement that the state can pursue child support. If you don't agree, outside of good cause (which is always fear of reprisal/violence against you or the children) then you are ineligible for welfare.

That's the way it works. This family is perfectly within their rights to hold one parent completely harmless of any responsibility for the child. Until they ask someone else to support the child. Then THAT party has every right to attempt to attach the resources of absent parents in order to recoup what they are paying.

If they don't like it, they need to pay the kid's bills themselves.

Forum List

Back