St Louis rioters compared to exalted Kent State victims

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Now I was not at Kent State when 4 died in Ohio but I am very close to Ferguson.

Help me compare the two.

-Every day all week long they both start off with a disruptive but relatively peaceful protest.
-The man eventually gets tired and sends in law enforcement.
-The protestors get pushed around by law enforcement or the guard and some of them start throwing things.

-In one situation the National Guard was there instead of trained police and some guardsman mistakes a rock for a round and the firing doesn't stop until four are dead and what, almost a dozen are wounded.
-In the modern case the cops disperse most with teargas and eventually some jerk with a gun gets himself shot by police. Not many are defending him or singing folk songs about dead folks in Missouri yet.

I wish the looting never happened. Those black men set the cause back decades by looking soo bad. The main protesters every day besides Sunday seem very in line with these Kent State kids though except they are black.

What other points of view should I consider?

Well, if the rioters could resist the urge to shoot at things and loot they sure would look better. And the Anonymous Twitter feed is interesting and disappointing also. I usually support their actions.

Hardly, for crying out loud

these rioting now are just plain old hoodlums, thugs...

How so? What are the differences? Even if you are posting on an ipad, please explain.

Kent state started out as a march/protest I believe then turned ugly..

These people just went on a full blown riot AND looting and I STILL believe they are not the LOCALS doing it, some probably...We've been told a lot of them are from out of TOWN

Well, if the rioters could resist the urge to shoot at things and loot they sure would look better. And the Anonymous Twitter feed is interesting and disappointing also. I usually support their actions.

Yes, last night the rioters were younger, rioting to be rioting it appears. No sympathy from me for young hooligans, thugs, whatever term you choose. Only 7 arrested. The city needs to reach an agreement with St. Louis for plenty of detention center room. Arrest anyone violating the curfew(.)

I don't give a damn what the color of the skin is when it comes to civil unrest and breaking the law.

Get these thugs under control, throw their asses in jail, and use LETHAL FORCE if necessary, to put an end to this hooliganism.

Fuck Obama and that weasel Eric Holder and Sharpton and all the other race warlords. This is the USA, not some turd world country.

Last edited:

How so? What are the differences? Even if you are posting on an ipad, please explain.

Kent state started out as a march/protest I believe then turned ugly..

These people just went on a full blown riot AND looting and I STILL believe they are not the LOCALS doing it, some probably...We've been told a lot of them are from out of TOWN

I would say this was a march/protest then turned ugly last Sunday. The looting DOES make a difference far as showing the moral fiber of the folks doing it so I agree there.

Local tv reporters are finding some strange people to interview. Some young white kids are showing up at night. One violated curfew last night, got away from the cops who were more interested in dispersing than arresting, and promised to be back tonight on tv lol.

Kent St is more an equivalent of Benghazi. One an overreaction the other a derelict non-reaction and both leaving four Americans dead.
Ferguson is more like post-championship sports riot except this time the team colors are black only.

The rioters are still alive. Hardly a good comparison.

And the Kent Staters weren't looting the place, rather they were just getting their flower power on in a no doubt intoxicated hippie freak fest.

I saw an excellent well-balanced program on Kent State on PBS some years back. Forget the hyperbole of Niel Young, the facts show that it was a series of unusual events that transpired. The reality is not so clear cut as has been told in folklore during the decades since it happened.

I saw an excellent well-balanced program on Kent State on PBS some years back. Forget the hyperbole of Niel Young, the facts show that it was a series of unusual events that transpired. The reality is not so clear cut as has been told in folklore during the decades since it happened.

A series of unusual events may have transpired here also(.) The officer appears to have known about the stolen cigars, still doubtful he approached the two young men walking in the street as threats to society. Nothing to suggest a "vigilante cop".

Would it be correct to say the Kent state rioters spent all day throwing rocks at the National Guard and eventually the Guard snapped or a rock sounded like a shot and the Guard unloaded?

FWIW so far no police officers have been shot here. A couple minor work related wounds. The protestors have thrown a number of bottles and debris at the cops.

Both were riots with much of the violence planned ahead of times. Noting "noble" about either groups of thugs.

The rioters are still alive. Hardly a good comparison.

And the Kent Staters weren't looting the place, rather they were just getting their flower power on in a no doubt intoxicated hippie freak fest.

Both groups should have be mowed down with automatic weapons the second they refused to disperse. Simple as that.

Both were riots with much of the violence planned ahead of times. Noting "noble" about either groups of thugs.

Now that I think about it, you are more right probably
they were ready to riot if necessary and it didn't take much..

Kent State turned into a national protest. The poverty pimps in Ferguson are very careful not to interfere with president Obama's vacation.

I don't like the actions the police took, and think they were heavy-handed - especially shooting someone when he officer in question had no evidence in his hand at the time that the one he shot had just committed a crime.

But at the same time that was no excuse to cause a riot and turn to violence in response, as it didn't help advance the cause of civil rights back in the 1960s when Martin Luther King was assassinated and it doesn't help the cause of civil rights now.

A big sad, twisted mess, and I am not really wanting to think about it.

Forum List

Back