Star Trek Discovery writer tells the word Nazi's to shove it

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Good to see, and this story should be mandatory reading for every college professor in the country.

Why I Quit the Writers’ Room
The worst thing you can do to citizens of a democracy is silence them.

‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Loses Walter Mosley From Writers’ Room After Racial Epithet Complaint

Acclaimed novelist Walter Mosley revealed today that he decided to leave Star Trek: Discovery after his use of a racial epithet in the writers room of the CBS All Access series resulted in Human Resources telling him that “I could not use that word except in a script.”

“My answer to H.R. was to resign and move on,” the Easy Rawlins mystery novels author and Snowfall consulting producer wrote in an op-ed entitled “Why I Quit The Writers’ Room,” published Friday on the New York Times website about the fallout from his use of the N-word.

“I was in a writers’ room trying to be creative while at the same time being surveilled by unknown critics who would snitch on me to a disembodied voice over the phone,” Mosley asserted, while never naming the Sonequa Martin-Green-led Discovery he had a short stint of less than an month on. “My every word would be scrutinized. Sooner or later I’d be fired or worse — silenced.”

‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Loses Walter Mosley From Writers’ Room After Racial Epithet Complaint

Opinion | Why I Quit the Writers’ Room

Trek_2046557c.jpg

I watched the first twn minutes of it when it was free on CBs for the first episode. Saw two women in the desert and a dark brooding ship. Never gave it a second though. Another extremist feminist propaganda fest with the now common dark side to all things living.

I watched the first twn minutes of it when it was free on CBs for the first episode. Saw two women in the desert and a dark brooding ship. Never gave it a second though. Another extremist feminist propaganda fest with the now common dark side to all things living.
Writers now day have a problem, heck just speaking your mine is hard. A Friend I have uses the NIzer word a lot. He is black he just said it was his right to use it. I suggested that he never call me one. It seems the word is ingrained in some peoples minds. The words Red Neck, White Trash, Wigger, are OK. Then again just how far does free speech or ideas go before they become wrong to say or think.

Good to see, and this story should be mandatory reading for every college professor in the country.

Why I Quit the Writers’ Room
The worst thing you can do to citizens of a democracy is silence them.

Acclaimed novelist Walter Mosley revealed today that he decided to leave Star Trek: Discovery after his use of a racial epithet in the writers room of the CBS All Access series resulted in Human Resources telling him that “I could not use that word except in a script.”

“My answer to H.R. was to resign and move on,” the Easy Rawlins mystery novels author and Snowfall consulting producer wrote in an op-ed entitled “Why I Quit The Writers’ Room,” published Friday on the New York Times website about the fallout from his use of the N-word.

“I was in a writers’ room trying to be creative while at the same time being surveilled by unknown critics who would snitch on me to a disembodied voice over the phone,” Mosley asserted, while never naming the Sonequa Martin-Green-led Discovery he had a short stint of less than an month on. “My every word would be scrutinized. Sooner or later I’d be fired or worse — silenced.”

Opinion | Why I Quit the Writers’ Room
Political correctness makes people fucking retarded

Forum List

Back