State Department Spent $630000 on Facebook Likes

[MENTION=24278]Synthaholic[/MENTION]...would you say this is a more important expenditure than air conditioning for deployed troops?

Yup, when some lefties bitch about providing our troops with A/C, and silently condone this advertising nonsense by not bitching about it, it really makes you wonder how they really feel about those who serve our Country.

[MENTION=24278]Synthaholic[/MENTION]...would you say this is a more important expenditure than air conditioning for deployed troops?

Yup, when some lefties bitch about providing our troops with A/C, and silently condone this advertising nonsense by not bitching about it, it really makes you wonder how they really feel about those who serve our Country.
Synth has denied he hates veterans and active duty -- but not credibly.

lol, I always knew they manipulated polling and perceptions on the internet. I swear they hire paid disinfomraiton agents and other trolls to go to each forum/board (like this one) and spread their shit. g5000 is definitely a hired disinfo agent.

Toddster Patriot is one also, without a doubt. The fucker responds with 20 pages of perfectly written responses within 5 minutes of posting a thread criticizing the Federal Reserve. Try it. He will suddenly log on from no where and hijack your thread with massively prepared responses.

lol, I always knew they manipulated polling and perceptions on the internet. I swear they hire paid disinfomraiton agents and other trolls to go to each forum/board (like this one) and spread their shit. g5000 is definitely a hired disinfo agent.

Toddster Patriot is one also, without a doubt. The fucker responds with 20 pages of perfectly written responses within 5 minutes of posting a thread criticizing the Federal Reserve. Try it. He will suddenly log on from no where and hijack your thread with massively prepared responses.

Tin_Foil_Hat_Disaster_by_YukiMizuno.jpg

The validity of any con truism about Obama is directly proportional to the amount of FWRD's on the email they recieve from said source.

I have a son stationed in Korea and they aren't getting air conditioner because of the sequester. Make them feel the pain, huh, Obama?

It's ridiculous. The leaked emails showed that they were deliberately making cuts that would hurt the little people the worst. They want people to suffer and then try to blame it on the Republicans. It's Obama's sequester and the administration decided who would feel it most.

We know they are still blowing money like drunks. They close White House tours supposedly because they just can't find a few thousand dollars, then they spend extravagantly elsewhere, like FB likes.

I think we should have a spendoholics anonymous group for politicians to join. Or better yet, insist that they take truth serum.

dameman is just upset because nobody Likes him.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/members/synthaholic.html
Showing 6 of 18 Friend(s)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/members/daveman.html
Showing 6 of 46 Friend(s)

I believe you were saying something stupid, dumbass?

dameman is just upset because nobody Likes him.

bump
http://www.usmessageboard.com/members/candycorn.html
No friends at all

That didn't turn out like you'd hoped, did it? :lmao:

State Department bureau spent $630,000 on Facebook 'likes' | WashingtonExaminer.com

So our Ambassador died due to cuts they say, but we can spend money on this stupid crap. Plus the military dont have 4th of july fireworks because of cut backs, NO white house tours, BUT WE HAVE MONEY FOR THIS SHIT!! Obama sucks
Show a respected source on this story and I will agree.

It's from a wingnut tabloid.

How about:

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF STATE
AND THE BROADCASTING BOARD OF GOVERNORS
OFFICE OF INSPECTOR GENERAL

Page 21:
The coordinator initiated two campaigns in 2011 and 2012, with the goal of building
global outreach platforms for engagement with foreign audiences by increasing the number of
fans on IIP’s four thematic Facebook properties, primarily through advertising as well as through
some page improvements. The bureau spent about $630,000 on the two campaigns and
succeeded in increasing the fans of the English Facebook pages from about 100,000 to more than
2 million for each page. Advertising also helped increase interest in the foreign language pages;
by March 2013, they ranged from 68,000 to more than 450,000 fans.​

Now, the way I see it, you have three options:

1. Condemn the expenditure as a waste,

2. Praise it as good and necessary, despite your earlier claims that the number of Facebook fans is meaningless, or

3. Weasel out of substantive comment.

I'd say you're going for #3.

I have a son stationed in Korea and they aren't getting air conditioner because of the sequester. Make them feel the pain, huh, Obama?

It's ridiculous. The leaked emails showed that they were deliberately making cuts that would hurt the little people the worst. They want people to suffer and then try to blame it on the Republicans. It's Obama's sequester and the administration decided who would feel it most.

We know they are still blowing money like drunks. They close White House tours supposedly because they just can't find a few thousand dollars, then they spend extravagantly elsewhere, like FB likes.

I think we should have a spendoholics anonymous group for politicians to join. Or better yet, insist that they take truth serum.

So, who should suffer sequester cuts instead?

State Department bureau spent $630,000 on Facebook 'likes' | WashingtonExaminer.com

So our Ambassador died due to cuts they say, but we can spend money on this stupid crap. Plus the military dont have 4th of july fireworks because of cut backs, NO white house tours, BUT WE HAVE MONEY FOR THIS SHIT!! Obama sucks
Show a respected source on this story and I will agree.

It's from a wingnut tabloid.

How about:

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF STATE
AND THE BROADCASTING BOARD OF GOVERNORS
OFFICE OF INSPECTOR GENERAL

Page 21:
The coordinator initiated two campaigns in 2011 and 2012, with the goal of building
global outreach platforms for engagement with foreign audiences by increasing the number of
fans on IIP’s four thematic Facebook properties, primarily through advertising as well as through
some page improvements. The bureau spent about $630,000 on the two campaigns and
succeeded in increasing the fans of the English Facebook pages from about 100,000 to more than
2 million for each page. Advertising also helped increase interest in the foreign language pages;
by March 2013, they ranged from 68,000 to more than 450,000 fans.​

Now, the way I see it, you have three options:

1. Condemn the expenditure as a waste,

2. Praise it as good and necessary, despite your earlier claims that the number of Facebook fans is meaningless, or

3. Weasel out of substantive comment.

I'd say you're going for #3.

I would like to know what their actual objective was before a blanket condemnation, but I think it's a waste of money. I could maybe see some benefit to the foreign language outreach but would like more info.

Fetch it for me.

Forum List

Back