🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

State Dept Employees Say They Were SHOCKED to See Rice On TV Blaming a Video - Void of Truth

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
"State Department employees were reportedly shocked to see former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice go on five Sunday shows and blame the 2012 Benghazi attacks on an obscure anti-Muslim internet video.

According to the
final report released Tuesday by the House Select Committee on Benghazi, employees within Hillary Clinton’s own State Department were immediately surprised by the claim, which administration officials were later forced to walk back.

Susan Rice’s comments on the Sunday talk shows were met with shock and disbelief by State Department employees in Washington.

“I think Rice was off the reservation on this one,” one State Department official said, according to emails obtained by the Benghazi committee.

“My jaw hit the floor as I watched this,” Gregory Hicks, then-deputy chief of mission in Tripoli, Libya, told CBS’ “Face the Nation.”

“I have been a professional diplomat for 22 years. I have never been as embarrassed in my life, in my career, as on that day. There have been other times when I’ve been embarrassed, but that’s the most embarrassing moment of my career,” Hicks said.

Susan Rice’s Claim That Benghazi Attack Was Result of Video ‘Met With Shock’ by State Deptartment Employees

-------

That's kinda what happens when the leadership concoct a huge lie to cover their asses and forget to / intentionally don't tell their employees that it's coming.....

SUSAN RICE: --sparked by this hateful video. But soon after that spontaneous protest began outside of our consulate in Benghazi, we believe that it looks like extremist elements, individuals, joined in that-- in that effort with heavy weapons of the sort that are, unfortunately, readily now available in Libya post-revolution. And that it spun from there into something much, much more violent.

BOB SCHIEFFER: But you do not agree with him that this was something that had been plotted out several months ago?

SUSAN RICE: We do not-- we do not have information at present that leads us to conclude that this was premeditated or preplanned.

BOB SCHIEFFER: Do you agree or disagree with him that al Qaeda had some part in this?

SUSAN RICE: Well, we'll have to find out that out. I mean I think it's clear that there were extremist elements that joined in and escalated the violence. Whether they were al Qaeda affiliates, whether they were Libyan-based extremists or al Qaeda itself I think is one of the things we'll have to determine.

"Face the Nation" transcripts, September 16, 2012: Libyan Pres. Magariaf, Amb. Rice and Sen. McCain - Page 2 - CBS News

So yeah there was no spontaneous peaceful protest at the Consulate but she definitely identified the perpetrators as an "extremest element". Nor was she ruling out any possibility either.

But Republicans had to do something to cover for Romney's Classless act during the attack. So they went with the phony narrative claiming Rice blamed it all on the video......

"State Department employees were reportedly shocked to see former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice go on five Sunday shows and blame the 2012 Benghazi attacks on an obscure anti-Muslim internet video.

According to the
final report released Tuesday by the House Select Committee on Benghazi, employees within Hillary Clinton’s own State Department were immediately surprised by the claim, which administration officials were later forced to walk back.

Susan Rice’s comments on the Sunday talk shows were met with shock and disbelief by State Department employees in Washington.

“I think Rice was off the reservation on this one,” one State Department official said, according to emails obtained by the Benghazi committee.

“My jaw hit the floor as I watched this,” Gregory Hicks, then-deputy chief of mission in Tripoli, Libya, told CBS’ “Face the Nation.”

“I have been a professional diplomat for 22 years. I have never been as embarrassed in my life, in my career, as on that day. There have been other times when I’ve been embarrassed, but that’s the most embarrassing moment of my career,” Hicks said.

Susan Rice’s Claim That Benghazi Attack Was Result of Video ‘Met With Shock’ by State Deptartment Employees

-------

That's kinda what happens when the leadership concoct a huge lie to cover their asses and forget to / intentionally don't tell their employees that it's coming.....

Why would they be shocked? Are they stupid and/or uninformed?

Yes, the "Innocence of Muslims" video really did play role in the Benghazi attacks

Benghazi Suspect Says Attacks Were Instigated by Anti-Islam Internet Video

Anger Over a Film Fuels Anti-American Attacks in Libya and Egypt - The New York Times

Tale of the Tape: Republicans accused Obama of misreading the Libya intelligence to suit his worldview. Then they did the same thing.

And now the GOP’s theory, like the CIA’s initial theory, is falling apart. On Oct. 16, David Kirkpatrick of the New York Times reported from Cairo:

To Libyans who witnessed the assault and know the attackers, there is little doubt what occurred: a well-known group of local Islamist militants struck the United States Mission without any warning or protest, and they did it in retaliation for the video. That is what the fighters said at the time, speaking emotionally of their anger at the video without mentioning Al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden or the terrorist strikes of 11 years earlier. And it is an explanation that tracks with their history as members of a local militant group determined to protect Libya from Western influence. … The assailants approvingly recalled a 2006 assault by local Islamists that had destroyed an Italian diplomatic mission in Benghazi over a perceived insult to the prophet. In June the group staged a similar attack against the Tunisian Consulate over a different film. … Other Benghazi militia leaders who know the group say its leaders and ideology are all homegrown. … [T]hey openly proselytize for their brand of puritanical Islam and political vision. They profess no interest in global fights against the West or distant battles aimed at removing American troops from the Arabian Peninsula.

Republicans Said Obama Misrepresented the Libya attack. Now the Joke’s On Them.

Most anyone with common sense knew that one video on the internet was not going to be the reason for this attack.

Forum List

Back