State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here we see what this is really about – the unwarranted hatred of gay Americans common to many on the right.
Yes, as opposed to the hatred of Christians by the left. Stop targeting citizens, live and let live, and we'll all be better off.
You are sooooooo persecuted. If only the majority of Lefties and Americans for that matter were Christian, you wouldn't be so persecuted anymore.
Likewise. You're soooooo persecuted. Sue the bastards because your rights have been violated.
You have a problem with American citizens using the legal system if our rights have been violated? Or just "certain" American citizens? If it had been frivolous, the courts would have ruled against the couple, wouldn't they?
I have a problem with a few activist corrupt lawyers using "rights" to shakedown Christians who exercise their first amendment rights.

You have a problem with Public Accommodation laws? Have you had this problem since 1964 or just recently...like when they started protecting icky gays AS WELL as Christians?

No, we're a Constitutional Republic whose citizens hail primarily from one religion, Christianity.

So were you able to do the math? Did you figure out that Christians aren't the persecuted minority you're making them out to be? They are, however, protected from discrimination in Public Accommodation in all 50 states. (unlike gays)
Oh, I disagree. The Constitution is being twisted and tortured by a few activist lawyers on the USSC.
And...your legal credentials and experience with Constitutional law......?
Same as yours.
Yep...and I acquiesce to the Constitutional lawyers and judges because I know their expertise in the field of Constitutional law is greater than mine....plus, I actually take the time to read the court decisions which have to explain the Constitutional basis for their decisions. Do you?
Oh, yes. I read and study every day. There are constitutional lawyers and there are corrupt activist lawyers. There are many different opinions on law in the United States. Aren't you aware of that?

There are indeed...but how many LEGAL opinions agreed with yours? How many times did SSM win in court before it got to the SCOTUS? Since you "read and study everyday", you'll know that number, right?

Yes, as opposed to the hatred of Christians by the left. Stop targeting citizens, live and let live, and we'll all be better off.
You are sooooooo persecuted. If only the majority of Lefties and Americans for that matter were Christian, you wouldn't be so persecuted anymore.
Likewise. You're soooooo persecuted. Sue the bastards because your rights have been violated.
You have a problem with American citizens using the legal system if our rights have been violated? Or just "certain" American citizens? If it had been frivolous, the courts would have ruled against the couple, wouldn't they?
I have a problem with a few activist corrupt lawyers using "rights" to shakedown Christians who exercise their first amendment rights.

You have a problem with Public Accommodation laws? Have you had this problem since 1964 or just recently...like when they started protecting icky gays AS WELL as Christians?
Hell, I don't care if someone wants to marry a fence post, just don't expect me to respect the union.

Hashtag thought police

I have a problem with corrupt activist lawyers using my government to bestow "rights" that violate my rights protected by my constitution.

We are a nation made up of mostly progressives, that are situational with their votes.
In other words... No backbone needed.

Hashtag spineless
So you think that being a nation of progressives is a bad thing?
Yes. The Constitution is being twisted and tortured by the activists on the left.
The Constitution was written by the Progressives of their time...I'm sure the Conservatives of that time felt as you do.

Hell, I don't care if someone wants to marry a fence post, just don't expect me to respect to union.

Hashtag thought police
English, please.

Oh, I disagree. The Constitution is being twisted and tortured by a few activist lawyers on the USSC.
Same as yours.
Yep...and I acquiesce to the Constitutional lawyers and judges because I know their expertise in the field of Constitutional law is greater than mine....plus, I actually take the time to read the court decisions which have to explain the Constitutional basis for their decisions. Do you?
Oh, yes. I read and study every day. There are constitutional lawyers and there are corrupt activist lawyers. There are many different opinions on law in the United States. Aren't you aware of that?

There are indeed...but how many LEGAL opinions agreed with yours? How many times did SSM win in court before it got to the SCOTUS? Since you "read and study everyday", you'll know that number, right?
No, you don't. You agree with the corrupt activist lawyers and disagree with the Constitutional lawyers.

We are a nation made up of mostly progressives, that are situational with their votes.

Hashtag spineless
Yes. The Constitution is being twisted and tortured by the activists on the left.
The Constitution was written by the Progressives of their time...I'm sure the Conservatives of that time felt as you do.
I don't think the word "progressive" means what you think it does.

No, we're a Constitutional Republic whose citizens hail primarily from one religion, Christianity.

So were you able to do the math? Did you figure out that Christians aren't the persecuted minority you're making them out to be? They are, however, protected from discrimination in Public Accommodation in all 50 states. (unlike gays)
Same as yours.
I agree that there are corrupt activist lawyers...but let us remember that they have to win court cases...and in the case of the Oregon cake bakers, they've lost every single time. Every. Single. Time. And the same applies to the cake baking case in Colorado. Every. Single. Time. Might be time to buy a clue there.

Hell, I don't care if someone wants to marry a fence post, just don't expect me to respect to union.

Hashtag thought police

If you own a business in a locality with PA laws that also protect gays, you will "respect the union" and provide the service you advertise, however.

I have a problem with corrupt activist lawyers using my government to bestow "rights" that violate my rights protected by my constitution.

What right do you believe was bestowed and please explain how that violates your rights?

Same as yours.
I agree that there are corrupt activist lawyers...but let us remember that they have to win court cases...and in the case of the Oregon cake bakers, they've lost every single time. Every. Single. Time. And the same applies to the cake baking case in Colorado. Every. Single. Time. Might be time to buy a clue there.
That just confirms my opinion that our legal system is about as corrupt as the rest of government.

Hashtag spineless
I don't think the word "progressive" means what you think it does.
Progressive:
pro·gres·sive
prəˈɡresiv/
adjective
  1. 1.
    happening or developing gradually or in stages; proceeding step by step.
    "a progressive decline in popularity"
    synonyms: continuing, continuous, increasing, growing, developing, ongoing,accelerating, escalating; More

2. 2.
    (of a group, person, or idea) favoring or implementing social reform or new, liberal ideas.
    "a relatively progressive governor"

noun
  1. 1.
    a person advocating or implementing social reform or new, liberal ideas.
    synonyms: innovator, reformer, reformist, liberal, libertarian
    "he is very much a progressive"
  2. 2.
    GRAMMAR
    a progressive tense or aspect.
    "the present progressive"
Either definition #2 or #3 will do.

Same as yours.

No, you don't. You agree with the corrupt activist lawyers and disagree with the Constitutional lawyers.

How many ruled for SSM and how many against? Any idea? An inkling?

Hashtag thought police

If you own a business in a locality with PA laws that also protect gays, you will "respect the union" and provide the service you advertise, however.
Yes, I will sell them all the guns and ammo they want, damn straight!!

Same as yours.
That just confirms my opinion that our legal system is about as corrupt as the rest of government.
And again...what Constitutional interpretation do you base that confirmation on....besides a court ruling in a way you disagree with?

Hashtag thought police

Yes, I will sell them all the guns and ammo they want, damn straight!!
Good...maybe I have bought a gun or two from you then.

Hashtag thought police

Your corrupt PA laws do not force me to serve you in violation of my conscience. Kinda like exemption from the draft as a conscientious objector. There are laws being passed by states to exempt Christian businesses from your government tyranny. Ha ha.

Same as yours.
And again...what Constitutional interpretation do you base that confirmation on....besides a court ruling in a way you disagree with?
Chief Justice Roberts opinion of the same-sex marriage decision. Have you read it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back