State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last thing I'd want is for my wedding cake, photos, etc. to be done by someone who doesn't want to do them.
Here's the cake your lawyers ordered me to bake for you.....go ahead.....eat it.
And here we see what this is really about – the unwarranted hatred of gay Americans common to many on the right.
Yes, as opposed to the hatred of Christians by the left. Stop targeting citizens, live and let live, and we'll all be better off.

You do realize don't you that most "on the left" are Christians as well? Some 70% of this country are Christian...I'm sure even someone who is likely 12 can do that math, yes?
Yes. I'm sure. So you're saying we're a Christian nation.

No, we're a Constitutional Republic whose citizens hail primarily from one religion, Christianity.

So were you able to do the math? Did you figure out that Christians aren't the persecuted minority you're making them out to be? They are, however, protected from discrimination in Public Accommodation in all 50 states. (unlike gays)

The last thing I'd want is for my wedding cake, photos, etc. to be done by someone who doesn't want to do them.
Here's the cake your lawyers ordered me to bake for you.....go ahead.....eat it.
And here we see what this is really about – the unwarranted hatred of gay Americans common to many on the right.
Yes, as opposed to the hatred of Christians by the left. Stop targeting citizens, live and let live, and we'll all be better off.

You do realize don't you that most "on the left" are Christians as well? Some 70% of this country are Christian...I'm sure even someone who is likely 12 can do that math, yes?
No...we are a secular nation...where a majority of our citizens, left and right, are one sect of Christianity or another. Does that make it clearer?

No, we're a Constitutional Republic whose citizens hail primarily from one religion, Christianity.

So were you able to do the math? Did you figure out that Christians aren't the persecuted minority you're making them out to be? They are, however, protected from discrimination in Public Accommodation in all 50 states. (unlike gays)
Oh, I disagree. The Constitution is being twisted and tortured by a few activist lawyers on the USSC.

No...we are a secular nation...where a majority of our citizens, left and right, are one sect of Christianity or another. Does that make it clearer?
Yes, you're really smart. Thanks.

You are sooooooo persecuted. If only the majority of Lefties and Americans for that matter were Christian, you wouldn't be so persecuted anymore.
Likewise. You're soooooo persecuted. Sue the bastards because your rights have been violated.
You have a problem with American citizens using the legal system if our rights have been violated? Or just "certain" American citizens? If it had been frivolous, the courts would have ruled against the couple, wouldn't they?

You are sooooooo persecuted. If only the majority of Lefties and Americans for that matter were Christian, you wouldn't be so persecuted anymore.
Likewise. You're soooooo persecuted. Sue the bastards because your rights have been violated.
You have a problem with American citizens using the legal system if our rights have been violated? Or just "certain" American citizens? If it had been frivolous, the courts would have ruled against the couple, wouldn't they?
I have a problem with a few activist corrupt lawyers using "rights" to shakedown Christians who exercise their first amendment rights.

Oh, I disagree. The Constitution is being twisted and tortured by a few activist lawyers on the USSC.
And...your legal credentials and experience with Constitutional law......?

I have a problem with a few activist corrupt lawyers using "rights" to shakedown Christians who exercise their first amendment rights.
Listen to yourself there.....And if they were "rights" (I assume by your use of quotation marks, that you don't believe that gay Americans really have rights) and not valid, wouldn't the courts have thrown their case out? Not one court has done so. How do you explain that?

Same as yours.

Listen to yourself there.....And if they were "rights" (I assume by your use of quotation marks, that you don't believe that gay Americans really have rights) and not valid, wouldn't the courts have thrown their case out? Not one court has done so. How do you explain that?
Homosexual Americans have the same rights as heterosexual Americans. Your sexual behavior has no bearing whatever on your rights protected by the constitution. How absurd and ignorant to think otherwise.

Same as yours.
Yep...and I acquiesce to the Constitutional lawyers and judges because I know their expertise in the field of Constitutional law is greater than mine....plus, I actually take the time to read the court decisions which have to explain the Constitutional basis for their decisions. Do you?

Homosexual Americans have the same rights as heterosexual Americans. Your sexual behavior has no bearing whatever on your rights protected by the constitution. How absurd and ignorant to think otherwise.
Glad to hear you admit that. So then, why DID you put the term "rights" in quotations?

We are a nation made up of mostly progressives, that are situational with their votes.
In other words... No backbone needed.

Hashtag spineless

Same as yours.
Yep...and I acquiesce to the Constitutional lawyers and judges because I know their expertise in the field of Constitutional law is greater than mine....plus, I actually take the time to read the court decisions which have to explain the Constitutional basis for their decisions. Do you?
Oh, yes. I read and study every day. There are constitutional lawyers and there are corrupt activist lawyers. There are many different opinions on law in the United States. Aren't you aware of that?

Glad to hear you admit that. So then, why DID you put the term "rights" in quotations?
Because I wanted to and because I can.

So...you don't want to explain. Ok.

So...you don't want to explain. Ok.
Nothing to explain. It is what it is. There are constitutional lawyers and there are corrupt activist lawyers.

We are a nation made up of mostly progressives, that are situational with their votes.
In other words... No backbone needed.

Hashtag spineless
So you think that being a nation of progressives is a bad thing?
Ya, no spine needed.
Just do'n what they are told to do by the federal government.

Hashtag the government is never the solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back