States People Are Fleeing In 2013

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
The States People Are Fleeing In 2013 - Yahoo! Finance

In fact, most of the top-10 states people are leaving are located in the Northeast and Great Lakes regions, including Illinois (60%), New York (58%), Michigan (58%), Maine (56%), Connecticut (56%) and Wisconsin (55%). According to Stoll, this reflects a consistent trend of migration from the Frost Belt to the Sun Belt states based on a combination of causes.

Gee, I wonder what caused all that consistency?:eusa_whistle:

I would like to take a moment and mock the creator of this list and the author; When did DC become a state?

Y'all are so myopic when it comes to political ideology that your eyeballs must come to a point.

The migration from the NE to the Sunbelt is nothing new. It's been going on for decades. In fact, United Van Lines survey shows basically the same thing in 2006 and 2002:

United Van Lines 2006 Migration Study | Press Releases

http://www.unitedvanlines.com/united-newsroom/press-releases/2002/news_02_05-02.pdf

And, while y'all blithely assume it all must have something to do with liberals and unions or whatever today's talking point is, the facts reveal that an interstate move is almost always related to housing affordability and/or employment, not taxes or regulations or any other such stuff. In fact, of the top 5 reasons people move, even employment isn't mentioned, let alone politics:

"...wanted own home, not rent; wanted new or better home/apartment; wanted better neighborhood/less crime; wanted cheaper housing; or other housing reason..."

Top reasons Americans relocate | Real Estate | Philadelphia Weekly

Thread fail because it's based upon a wholly unsupportable premise.

Y'all are so myopic when it comes to political ideology that your eyeballs must come to a point.

The migration from the NE to the Sunbelt is nothing new. It's been going on for decades. In fact, United Van Lines survey shows basically the same thing in 2006 and 2002:

United Van Lines 2006 Migration Study | Press Releases

http://www.unitedvanlines.com/united-newsroom/press-releases/2002/news_02_05-02.pdf

And, while y'all blithely assume it all must have something to do with liberals and unions or whatever today's talking point is, the facts reveal that an interstate move is almost always related to housing affordability and/or employment, not taxes or regulations or any other such stuff. In fact, of the top 5 reasons people move, even employment isn't mentioned, let alone politics:

"...wanted own home, not rent; wanted new or better home/apartment; wanted better neighborhood/less crime; wanted cheaper housing; or other housing reason..."

Top reasons Americans relocate | Real Estate | Philadelphia Weekly

What makes cost of living so high?

taxes, regulations, fees, licenses, etc etc etc.

Who supports vast amounts of these?

Blue states, and they have for decades

Thus you proved me right.

In fact, most of the top-10 states people are leaving are located in the Northeast and Great Lakes regions, including Illinois (60%), New York (58%), Michigan (58%), Maine (56%), Connecticut (56%) and Wisconsin (55%). According to Stoll, this reflects a consistent trend of migration from the Frost Belt to the Sun Belt states based on a combination of causes.

:eusa_eh:

Old People don't like Cold weather?

:eusa_shhh:
Seems like the obvious answer.

I would like to take a moment and mock the creator of this list and the author; When did DC become a state?

Liberalism is like a cancer. Once they consume and destroy the host they move on to other states.

and no young people move in to take up the job they vacated.

And; PA is the second most popular state to retire in. And as I looked out my window this morning, the roads are covered in snow

And; PA is the second most popular state to retire in. And as I looked out my window this morning, the roads are covered in snow

"Job they vacated?"

Making buggy whips?

:eusa_hand:

Color me shocked.

If anyone wants the jobs older Americans vacated, they would need to go to Bangladesh.

By the way, I'm astonished PA is the "second most popular state to retire in"...after Florida I presume.....do you have a credible source to this claim?

Last edited:
It's the dem strategy for making those states bluer

fewer working people means they have to raise taxes, forcing people to have to charge more for goods and services making more people flee, fewer working people means.....

yeah, it's a brilliant plan, for Red states

For America.

It will turn the red states blue.

:lol:

The working class is moving. union slaves don't move.

People learn that liberalism is death to the states and country and since the media is in bed with the dnc, the only choice they have is

vote with their feet

Sound familiar?

After Rhode Island, Pennsylvania has seen the slowest growth rate of its senior population in the country. Poor scores on life expectancy and economic factors also dragged the state down, and it didn't have a stellar performance in any category to offset its drawbacks

Worst States to Retire 2012

It's no secret that retirees generally don't like the cold, so it should come as no surprise that there is an abundance of northern states on this year's list of 10 Worst States to Retire

"Job they vacated?"

Making buggy whips?

:eusa_hand:

Color me shocked.

If anyone wants the jobs older Americans vacated, they would need to go to Bangladesh.

By the way, I'm astonishe PA is the "second most popular state to retire in"...after Florida I presume.....do you have a credible source to this claim?

seems my info is outdated now.

went from 2 too out of the top 10 as a state and no cities listed

After Rhode Island, Pennsylvania has seen the slowest growth rate of its senior population in the country. Poor scores on life expectancy and economic factors also dragged the state down, and it didn't have a stellar performance in any category to offset its drawbacks

It's no secret that retirees generally don't like the cold, so it should come as no surprise that there is an abundance of northern states on this year's list of 10 Worst States to Retire

ouchi

Maybe I was thinking of DE

meh, been up to long

And what is it do you think influences those factors, hmmmm????

Let's see, taxes, regulations, cost of employment,

More like comment fail, you dumb ass. If you really think the leftist politics that has dominated those places for decades isn't the primary reason for the flight away then you have your head so far up your ass it's no wonder you're blind.

For America.

People learn that liberalism is death to the states and country and since the media is in bed with the dnc, the only choice they have is

vote with their feet

Sound familiar?

Texas is expected to be a blue state within not too many years. Of course, it's not exclusively because of migration from blue states but that will help.

ouchi

Maybe I was thinking of DE

meh, been up to long

Well, I think we need to factor in the HUGE number of aging Americans and Where they may be migrating. They are NOT going to die in the cold, dark states, and they will contribute tremendously to warm state populations.

But this is only the beginning: they require a host of services, primarily medical, and living assistance which require large numbers of service sector employees.

What they do NOT require are manufacturing jobs.

For America.

vote with their feet

Sound familiar?

Texas is expected to be a blue state within not too many years. Of course, it's not exclusively because of migration from blue states but that will help.

Well, dreams are the stuff of partisan politics.

Hypothesis must be comforting.

For America.

I don't think the implication of your comment is accurate. Union employment might be diminishing in blue states as employers move to red "right to work" states but that doesn't mean the union idea is dying. Former union employees who follow their jobs to red states will take it with them. Eventually, they'll organize in the red states. Where will the non-union employers go then?

Well, dreams are the stuff of partisan politics.

Hypothesis must be comforting.

Ask Ted Cruz, the new Senator for Texas. He said it.

“In not too many years, Texas could switch from being all Republican to all Democrat. If that happens, no Republican will ever again win the White House. New York and California are for the foreseeable future unalterably Democrat. If Texas turns bright blue, the Electoral College math is simple. We won’t be talking about Ohio, we won’t be talking about Florida or Virginia, because it won’t matter. If Texas is bright blue, you can’t get to two-seventy electoral votes. The Republican Party would cease to exist.

Ted Cruz says Texas could be a blue state ‘in not too many years’

Forum List

Back