States the handled the virus the best

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
New York has suffered 176.827 deaths per 100,000 people. Alaska has only suffered 19.391 deaths per 100,000 people. In fact, many of the states run by Republican governors overall seem to have fewer deaths per capita. Even in my own state, it is the Democrat run counties that were hit the worst per capita.

A believe people have taken the wrong course of action when combatting the spread of the virus. In 1918, a village in Alaska named Brevig Mission was decimated by the 1918 flu, which killed 85% of its population in 5 days. A nearby village walled themselves off and placed armed guards with orders to shoot anyone who does not live in that village that attempts to cross their border. Inside that border, life went on as normal. No one died in that village.

When the panic first hit the country, I posted a message on this forum suggesting we quarantine off major metropolitan areas and use the military to prevent people from entering or leaving cities such as New York and others. We could fly them in supplies. People thought I was crazy. In hindsight, I was obviously correct.

The states that oppressed their citizens the least handled the virus the best.

None of all the crippling, harmful restrictions on people affected the spread of the virus. If any of it did any good, it wouldn't be spreading so wildly. The virus doesn't care what people do: it's got it's own agenda and it's very good at that.

All governments did was make people suffer much, much more.

Here in the Lone Star state, we're saddened that CA has recently surpassed us in cases, but we're still number one in covid related deaths. We have a Republican governor. Blaming the Dems is so last spring.

Here in the Lone Star state, we're saddened that CA has recently surpassed us in cases, but we're still number one in covid related deaths. We have a Republican governor. Blaming the Dems is so last spring.

New York is first in Covid deaths with close to 35,000. Texas has 23,000. This is despite the fact that Texas has 28 million people, whereas New York has 19.5 million.

Forum List

Back