Stealing From The Taxpayer and the Constitution

Thank god we don't listen to a moron like Madison when it comes to the Constitution

Applying Madisons interpretation there would be no

Erie Canal
Panama Canal
Intercontinental Railroad
Intrstate Highway System

Applying Madison's Constitution - he didn't interpret it - he fucking wrote it - you would be somewhere out there digging ditches and honestly earning a living.

Its not his Constitution it is ours

When I find apologists for big,overreaching government, such as yourself....
...I wonder if a monarchy wouldn't be more to your liking.

Perhaps even a dictatorship.
I am sorry that a repub figured that out..Poor Ike...mislead by a military strategic tactic that ends up being ,,,wrong...

What was wrong about the Interstate Highway System?
Nothing, but according to the Heritage Foundation follower thread, it's is wrong because citizens were taxed to provide for public transportation facilitation and it wasn't in the Constitution...

I am sorry that a repub figured that out..Poor Ike...mislead by a military strategic tactic that ends up being ,,,wrong...

Nothing, but according to the Heritage Foundation follower thread, it's is wrong because citizens were taxed to provide for public transportation facilitation and it wasn't in the Constitution...

That was why it was passed as the National Interstate and Defense Highways Act. I believe National Defense is mentioned in the Constitution.
But the other half was the request by the trucking industry to help pay and use the system. if it was totally for defense only no public transportation would be allowed, since use reduces efficiency of the road...

BS.

Thank god we don't listen to a moron like Madison when it comes to the Constitution

Erie Canal
Panama Canal
Intrstate Highway System

Madison was only one voice among many and his ideas are not the law of the land. the judicial construction is what governs.

I think the o/p needs to start over at Marbury v Madison and read.
BULLSHIT.

THE LAW MEANS WHAT THE FOUNDERS INTENDED.

UNfortunately, the spineless corrupt motherfuckers nominated to interpret the Constitution since the beginning have been government supremacist assholes.

Which founder?

Hamilton? Madison? Jay? Marshall?

Damn

If we had left the entire Constitution up to Madison we would be really screwed

That was why it was passed as the National Interstate and Defense Highways Act. I believe National Defense is mentioned in the Constitution.
But the other half was the request by the trucking industry to help pay and use the system. if it was totally for defense only no public transportation would be allowed, since use reduces efficiency of the road...

BS.
please don't elaborate...

The Constitution is the only document to which the free people of the United States agreed to be governed.
The Constitution. That is why it is called 'the law of the land.'

At one time this was true.
But not since President Franklin Roosevelt.

Here is a tale that compared the two versions of America....before Roosevelt, and since.
This tale took place before that presidency, and so it conformed to the law of the land.

1. "The Erie Canal is a canal in New York that originally ran about 363 miles (584 km) from Albany, New York, on the Hudson River to Buffalo, New York, at Lake Erie. It was built to create a navigable water route fromNew York Cityand the Atlantic Ocean to the Great Lakes..... – because of this vital connection and others to follow, such as the railroads,New York State would become known as the "Empire State" or "the great Empire State"
Erie Canal - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

2. "The building of the Erie Canal and the politics surrounding it, became a landmark event in American economic history....almost all American wanted better roads and new canals- 'internal improvements' as they were called.....Building the Erie Canal was a splendid idea.
The only question was how to fund it: with federal spending, state funding, or by entrepreneurs?" Folsom and Folsom, "Uncle Sam Can't Count," p.56.

3. In 1811, NY Congressman Peter Porter argued before Congress that the federal government should fund the canal. After all, an Erie Canal would have national benefits, and not just commercially! It would encourage settlement all along it's length, and cause the Great Lakes to flourish.

a. But the Constitution did not empower the federal government to tax all the people of the nation for a road that mainly benefited one state.
Porter's bill failed.

b. But the War of 1812 added a national defense reason and the bill was brought back; Congress passed it in 1817.
"Erie Water West: A History of the Erie Canal, 1792-1854,"by Ronald E. Shaw, p. 39-40, 47.

4. As I said, this was before Franklin Roosevelt, so the Constitution was still in effect. On March 3, 1817, on his next to the last day in office, President James Madison vetoed the bill, saying "I am constrained by the insuperable difficulty I feel in reconciling the bill with the Constitution of the United States..."

He went on to make two significant points, points that successive Presidents should have noted:

a. "....To refer the power in question to the clause "to provide for common defense and general welfare" would be contrary to the established and consistent rules of interpretation,... Such a view of the Constitution would have the effect of giving to Congress a general power of legislation instead of the defined and limited one hitherto understood to belong to them, the terms "common defense and general welfare" embracing every object and act within the purview of a legislative trust." James Madison Veto of federal public works bill March 3 1817

This, from the leader of the Constitutional Convention; he, more than anyone, understood how the general welfare clause was to be read.

b. Don't misunderstand: Madison was in favor of internal improvements- he knew that the Constitution's design was that such projects should be undertaken by the state, or by private citizens.
"I am not unaware of the great importance of roads and canals and the improved navigation of water courses, and that a power in the National Legislature to provide for them might be exercised with signal advantage to the general prosperity."
...But he knew that the Constitution did not provide for such as expansion of the federal government..." I have no option but to withhold my signature from it, and to cherishing the hope that its beneficial objects may be attained [by other means]."
Ibid.

And that is the way it's 'sposed to be.
I agree with your post

Unfortunately, you contradict yourself when you advocate the financial and military support of Israhell.

And where did you find "advocate the financial and military support of Israhell"?

BS.
please don't elaborate...

Show me where that trucking industry requested anything, and since EVERYONE that drives a car pays gas tax, it would have been stupid to think only the military could use it.

Damn

If we had left the entire Constitution up to Madison we would be really screwed

Any problem "we" had with the Constitution is covered adequately in
"Article Five of the United States Constitution describes the process whereby the Constitution may be altered. Altering the Constitution consists of proposing an amendment or amendments and subsequent ratification.[1]

Amendments may be adopted and sent to the states for ratification by either:

OR

To become part of the Constitution, an amendment must be ratified by either (as determined by Congress):

• The legislatures of three-fourths (at present 38) of the states;
OR

Seems this is the part of your education that you Liberals/Progressives/Democrats seem to have missed.

Instead, you have enlisted the tyrants in black robes to steal the powers you should not have.

massive interstate system is part of national defense and it took the Nazies to tell us that because of Constitutionalism...

"...it wasn't in the Constitution..."

Kinda important to some of us.

The main purpose of the Erie Canal was to link the east coast to the Great Lakes, thus making it a utility for INTERSTATE COMMERCE,

hardly an infrastructure project designed to only, or even primarily, benefit one state.

Erie Canal
Panama Canal
Intrstate Highway System

Applying Madison's Constitution - he didn't interpret it - he fucking wrote it - you would be somewhere out there digging ditches and honestly earning a living.

wrote it all by himself, did he?

The main purpose of the Erie Canal was to link the east coast to the Great Lakes, thus making it a utility for INTERSTATE COMMERCE,

hardly an infrastructure project designed to only, or even primarily, benefit one state.

The Erie Canal opened up the Great Lake Region to the world. It was one of our major economic advances for that era

Only a douchebag and PC would oppose it

Just like Polichics denial that all men are created equal meant something different when it was written verses todays idea that it meant equal rights for all...as being dishonest is a joke beyond reproach in vulgarity of the human condition, and with the evangelical concept she induces which involves the idea that humans have a free spirit to chose...evidently God believes in equality for all....

"...denial that all men are created equal...

Show where I've ever said that, you lying little dirt.

massive interstate system is part of national defense and it took the Nazies to tell us that because of Constitutionalism...

"...it wasn't in the Constitution..."

Kinda important to some of us.

You mean the way fetal rights are not in the Constitution.

The Erie Canal opened up the Great Lake Region to the world. It was one of our major economic advances for that era

Only a douchebag and PC would oppose it

They don't have any problem taxing the American people for the benefit of a single state,

such as South Korea...

Erie Canal
Panama Canal
Intrstate Highway System

wrote it all by himself, did he?
Why do you ask? Did he email you looking for your point of view?

James Madison

en.wikipedia.org

James Madison, Jr. was an American statesman, political theorist and the fourth President of the United States. He is hailed as the "Father of the Constitution" for being instrumental in the drafting of the United States Constitution and as the key champion and author of the United States Bill of Rights. He served as a politician much of his adult life.

The Constitution is the only document to which the free people of the United States agreed to be governed.
The Constitution. That is why it is called 'the law of the land.'

At one time this was true.
But not since President Franklin Roosevelt.

Here is a tale that compared the two versions of America....before Roosevelt, and since.
This tale took place before that presidency, and so it conformed to the law of the land.

1. "The Erie Canal is a canal in New York that originally ran about 363 miles (584 km) from Albany, New York, on the Hudson River to Buffalo, New York, at Lake Erie. It was built to create a navigable water route fromNew York Cityand the Atlantic Ocean to the Great Lakes..... – because of this vital connection and others to follow, such as the railroads,New York State would become known as the "Empire State" or "the great Empire State"
Erie Canal - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

2. "The building of the Erie Canal and the politics surrounding it, became a landmark event in American economic history....almost all American wanted better roads and new canals- 'internal improvements' as they were called.....Building the Erie Canal was a splendid idea.
The only question was how to fund it: with federal spending, state funding, or by entrepreneurs?" Folsom and Folsom, "Uncle Sam Can't Count," p.56.

3. In 1811, NY Congressman Peter Porter argued before Congress that the federal government should fund the canal. After all, an Erie Canal would have national benefits, and not just commercially! It would encourage settlement all along it's length, and cause the Great Lakes to flourish.

a. But the Constitution did not empower the federal government to tax all the people of the nation for a road that mainly benefited one state.
Porter's bill failed.

b. But the War of 1812 added a national defense reason and the bill was brought back; Congress passed it in 1817.
"Erie Water West: A History of the Erie Canal, 1792-1854,"by Ronald E. Shaw, p. 39-40, 47.

4. As I said, this was before Franklin Roosevelt, so the Constitution was still in effect. On March 3, 1817, on his next to the last day in office, President James Madison vetoed the bill, saying "I am constrained by the insuperable difficulty I feel in reconciling the bill with the Constitution of the United States..."

He went on to make two significant points, points that successive Presidents should have noted:

a. "....To refer the power in question to the clause "to provide for common defense and general welfare" would be contrary to the established and consistent rules of interpretation,... Such a view of the Constitution would have the effect of giving to Congress a general power of legislation instead of the defined and limited one hitherto understood to belong to them, the terms "common defense and general welfare" embracing every object and act within the purview of a legislative trust." James Madison Veto of federal public works bill March 3 1817

This, from the leader of the Constitutional Convention; he, more than anyone, understood how the general welfare clause was to be read.

b. Don't misunderstand: Madison was in favor of internal improvements- he knew that the Constitution's design was that such projects should be undertaken by the state, or by private citizens.
"I am not unaware of the great importance of roads and canals and the improved navigation of water courses, and that a power in the National Legislature to provide for them might be exercised with signal advantage to the general prosperity."
...But he knew that the Constitution did not provide for such as expansion of the federal government..." I have no option but to withhold my signature from it, and to cherishing the hope that its beneficial objects may be attained [by other means]."
Ibid.

And that is the way it's 'sposed to be.

Damn

Madison was a fucking moron for opposing the Erie Canal

Although I eschew the language you Liberals use, I feel the same way about you for opposing the United States Constitution.

5. From the inception of this nation, the idea was for localities to fund their own projects, rather than the federal government doing so.

"The Kanawha River, or Great Kanawha River (the Little Kanawha River is further north), originates thirty-five miles southeast of Charleston, at Gauley Bridge. A confluence of the Gauley River and the New River, which rises in the mountains of North Carolina, the Kanawha meanders ninety-seven miles from Gauley Bridge until it meets the Ohio River at Point Pleasant.

A steamboat first tried to navigate the river in 1819 but came to grief at the Red House Shoals, approximately thirty miles west of Charleston. That prompted the Virginia legislature to approve a bill for "cutting chutes through the river's shoals, building wing dams and removing snags," and so began the era of the Kanawha steamboat service, as tourists and traders proceeded serenely down the river agog at the beauty of the scenery."
"The West Virginia Encyclopedia,"Ken Sullivan(Editor), p. 393

Well, here we have PoliticalShit wishing that we had lost WW2 again. For without the great dams that produced the electricity that produced the air amadas that we use on both fronts, that well might have been the case.

PoliticalShit is one of those one way peope that we see here in Oregon that let their children die because they do not believe that God's will should be interfered with by modern medicine. I have zero respect for her ideologies, or logic. She, and those like her, are a pox on the body politic.

Roads are one thing, an interstate system of high speed high ways is on a totally different plane ............

Your point is mute,when you realize that if originality is the saving grace here, it all becomes clear just how much you are trolling!!

Forum List

Back