Stimulus Doomed by Diverging Goals of Trump, Pelosi, McConnell

Neil Austen

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2019

McConnell is the real power in the White House. Trump is just his impotent puppet. Trump is so weak, can't even make policy without Mitch permission. Pathetic orange turd of a president.

McConnell is the real power in the White House. Trump is just his impotent puppet. Trump is so weak.
very delusional, you are

McConnell is the real power in the White House. Trump is just his impotent puppet. Trump is so weak, can't even make policy without Mitch permission. Pathetic orange turd of a president.
Yet, Pelosi is to blame for the failure to pass a stimulus Bill according to most Americans. go figure, Nell.

Yet, Pelosi is to blame for the failure to pass a stimulus Bill according to most Americans. go figure, Nell.

Trump outplayed Pelosi on this. Goes to show how weak and inept she is.

But the facts are facts. Pelosi wasn't willing to help out the public unless she could funnel billions to her corporate sponsors also.

The Senate was welcome to pass the bill already passed by the House the whole time; go figure.

Trump outplayed Pelosi on this. Goes to show how weak and inept she is.

But the facts are facts. Pelosi wasn't willing to help out the public unless she could funnel billions to her corporate sponsors also.
The House bill is bigger than the one proposed by the White House; go big or go home is just propaganda not policy.

Pelosi wants to fuck over as many Americans as she can then try to blame President Trump for it

Pelosi wants to fuck over as many Americans as she can then try to blame President Trump for it
lol. Republicans are just as bad if not worse. Hello pot, meet kettle.

McConnell sees Trump as a hopeless loser, so his goal is now destruction of the economy, which he'll then blame on the Biden admin.

Trump blew up any chance of a compromise when McCarthy (who never passed a bill when he was head of the freedom caucus in the House) slammed his hands literally on the table last summer and told Pelosi talks were off . Imo your mostly right in that McConnell did not want his members to have to vote on more spending, because that's unpopular with their voters. Trump still motivates his base, and McConnell cannot alienate them, so I disagree a little bit about Trump lacking power.

But Trump tried to exert his power late in the campaign, just in the past couple of weeks, with Muchkin going to Pelosi and McConnell and McCarthy pretty much sidelined. America would be better off with more stimulus, but maybe not as much direct state aid as Pelosi wants. But McConnell just isn't going to ask his gop senators to piss off their supporters by voting for something like 1.8 trillion. And Pelosi and Schumer are not going to help Trump v Biden.

In short, it's too late to make a deal

lol. Republicans are just as bad if not worse. Hello pot, meet kettle.
Danny, you never cease to amaze me with your highest level of ignorance.
Pelosi didn't want the Bill to pass, she was counting on the failure to be blamed on Trump.
That's why she refused to strip out the layers of pork and just leave a clean Bill.

You're priceless, but I would hate to see your wallet with the moths and their eggs.

That's because she and her House Dems are to blame. The Senate will pass a stand alone Covid relief bill but will not pass a bill loaded with pork.

Guess who loaded the bill with pork??

I absolutely hated the Senate's $2 trillion stimulus plan passed in March. Reading the article linked in opening post gave me hope Republican Senators are back to being fiscal conservatives somewhat.

I absolutely hated the Senate's $2 trillion stimulus plan passed in March. Reading the article linked in opening post gave me hope Republican Senators are back to being fiscal conservatives somewhat.

LOL So. You don't like getting YOUR money back?? I sure do.

LOL So. You don't like getting YOUR money back?? I sure do.

MY money and YOURS was spent by Washington a long time ago. They willy-nilly handed to us our descendant's money.

Well I'll take my money and you can give yours back.

No way I'm giving money back to them. Since Washington doesn't know how to handle money ours has been provided to those that really need and appreciate its value.

Trump blew up any chance of a compromise when McCarthy (who never passed a bill when he was head of the freedom caucus in the House) slammed his hands literally on the table last summer and told Pelosi talks were off . Imo your mostly right in that McConnell did not want his members to have to vote on more spending, because that's unpopular with their voters. Trump still motivates his base, and McConnell cannot alienate them, so I disagree a little bit about Trump lacking power.

But Trump tried to exert his power late in the campaign, just in the past couple of weeks, with Muchkin going to Pelosi and McConnell and McCarthy pretty much sidelined. America would be better off with more stimulus, but maybe not as much direct state aid as Pelosi wants. But McConnell just isn't going to ask his gop senators to piss off their supporters by voting for something like 1.8 trillion. And Pelosi and Schumer are not going to help Trump v Biden.

Actually Pelosi and Schumer would support a deal. It would not help Trump but he would have to give Democrats largely what they want. McConnell is the wild card. One column suggests the Senate GOP is opposing a bill because they are conceding that Democrats will win the White House and Senate. That they are laying down the groundwork for doing to Biden what they did to Obama. Block everything with a filibuster.

Actually Pelosi and Schumer would support a deal. It would not help Trump but he would have to give Democrats largely what they want. McConnell is the wild card. One column suggests the Senate GOP is opposing a bill because they are conceding that Democrats will win the White House and Senate. That they are laying down the groundwork for doing to Biden what they did to Obama. Block everything with a filibuster.

You may be right. I'd rather have the 1.8 and not state aid. But then why didn't Pelosi pass it? I thought it was because it did NOT have the state aid. It also didn't have testing and money for schools to cover the extra costs.

But the dems will go nuclear if they have both the Sen and the House, and McConnell goes "no compromise." Obama didn't have the House after 2010. And the dems retook it in 2016

Obama also lost the senate for his last two years.

Forum List

Back