stop comparing C19 with Vietnam deaths

donny said that 'AIDS was his vietnam'

wrong.

it's COVID-19.
wow--you really refuted my OP with that crap
hahhahahahahhahahahhaha

no refudiation needed, let alone given.

what was given was a factual quote.

can't help it if the man whore of NYC is now the king of covid!
Stupid Vietnam democrat war
COVID 19 democrat allowed disease
It started on leftist controlled areas of the country

I agree Syriusly. Trump isn't responsible for the start of the virus, but he IS responsible for the actions taken in this country to keep the people safe. And, he's been failing miserably.
sure he is
and it's 2 MILLION dead in Viernam--not 58,000
here is the answer:

..it's disrespectful to our Vets
1. the Vietnam deaths were YOUNG, healthy, in their prime, took physicals, did PTraining, ETC!!!!
NO pre-existing problems
..most of the C19 deaths are elderly with pre-existing problems/obesity/etc
DUHHHHHHHH

2. only 2.6 million served in the Vietnam War--half of those did not serve in combat roles and/or in a combat zone
..so you have a 300 million population you are comparing to 1 million

3. many thousands MORE Vets lost their legs/arms/both/etc

4. etc --it's just plain STUPID

Oh Horse Shit...Nam Vets haven't been disrespected since at least Sept. 11, 2001, you pompous ass! The comparison points out two separate travesties that killed both civilians and service members that didn't necessarily need to die because an idiot for a President of the period got too deep into the shit pile owing to their incompetence and didn't know how to get their dumb asses out in a timely manner and never paid any attention to the details! The Orange Clown is just as dumb and incompetent, if not even more so, as that idiot Texan, LBJ.
also---the Vets were DRAFTED--a lot were drafted--they did not volunteer
YOU are disrespecting our Vets

Covid -19 testing in the U.S.
For all you people that think Trump is doing such a fantastic job, consider this...................Trump has been telling people that tests would be here "soon" for the past 2 months, and it was only on Monday that he got heads of companies together who are going to make the test, as he was having them say what they were going to make for the tests during his virus briefing. That means that production hasn't even started yet.

Then, there is the backlog for running the tests. Why couldn't we have done what S. Korea did? They got the tests out quick and flattened the curve earlier than most.

Why is it his fault that the test are taking longer? He can change the laws of time and physics with a snap of his fingers? Things change hourly in this process. Now is the time for you to STFU and be thankful we are not relying on your dumb ass to accomplish anything.
Trump`s success story regarding testing for Covid-19 really hasn`t been successful at all. Putin is doing better. Maybe Trump should ask him for help.

Why isn't it Cuomo's Plague? Or Diblasio's Plague? or the Chicom Plague?

Oh right, because those names don't let you score cheap political points.

Those guys aren't the president who ignored three months of daily briefs warning him this was a danger.

Korea, Yearly Polio deaths before the vaccine, AIDS deaths, Smallpox deaths per year before eradication.

I named a few, hack.

Korea only killed 38,000 Americans. There's a reason why it's called "The Forgotten War".

Yearly Polio Deaths (and again, this is over a year, not a few weeks) were only about 3000 a year during the worst outbreaks like 1949, or 6000 during the outbreak of 1916... and those were the bad ones. .

Aids... Worst it ever got in a single year was 41,699...

1588242951788.png

I'm not even going to waste my time looking up smallpox, which has been treatable since the 19th century.

Sorry, man, Trump Plague is really bad... and he owns it.

Trump has hit the Bad President Trifecta - Impeached, Recession and Failed Response to a National Crisis.

I prefer to wait until after to start figuring out who fucked up. Right now Trump, Cuomo, and DiBlasio have a job to do, and trying to score cheap political points against any of them only hurts the situation.

Some of us can chew gum and walk at the same time. given Trump is the guy who fucked this up, and continues to do dumb stuff like telling people to inject Lysol, we really should be critical of him.

1. the Vietnam deaths were YOUNG, healthy, in their prime, took physicals, did PTraining, ETC!!!!
NO pre-existing problems
DUHHHHHHHH

2. only 2.6 million served in the Vietnam War--half of those did not serve in combat roles and/or in a combat zone

Oh Horse Shit...Nam Vets haven't been disrespected since at least Sept. 11, 2001, you pompous ass! The comparison points out two separate travesties that killed both civilians and service members that didn't necessarily need to die because an idiot for a President of the period got too deep into the shit pile owing to their incompetence and didn't know how to get their dumb asses out in a timely manner and never paid any attention to the details! The Orange Clown is just as dumb and incompetent, if not even more so, as that idiot Texan, LBJ.
why are you so hateful/angry and a jackass?
AND 2 million died--not 58,000...2 million died in Vietnam
..yes, it is disrespectful
....you also prove to have TDS, since the POTUS has nothing to do with this thread
hahahhahahahaahah

There were over 58,000 American Deaths in Vietnam during the War, not 2 million. And you can't change the fact that Rump waited 3 months to pretend to take the Covid 19 Epidemic seriously. He still isn't taking it seriously. The Presidents before had many Epidemics and had contained them fine. Rump treated it like a hoax for 3 months and he still treats it like that. So you dream up the 2 million figure.

Yes, there were over 2 million but it was every death during those 10 years inside of North and South Viietnam for many reasons not just war casualties. You are eaten up with RDS, "Rump Dexlecic Systrom".

NO pre-existing problems
DUHHHHHHHH

I guess you could make the case that communism is like a parasitic virus that infects a healthy society and kills its hosts.

wrong.

it's COVID-19.
hahhahahahahhahahahhaha

wrong.

it's COVID-19.
hahhahahahahhahahahhaha

please tell your side to stop comparing covid deaths to the soldiers they spit on and called baby killers.

<pffffft>

my side.... uh-huh. it's a valid comparison. how many years were 'we' in vietnam & racked up the dead? we have surpassed that in mere weeks.

know what was disrespectful?

cadet bone spur - - - who was deferred & boffed anything with a pulse said that 'AIDS was his vietnam'

ya.

No one is comparing COVID-19 deaths to deaths of U.S. servicemen in Vietnam.

They are using the numbers to give some perspective.

Perspective... something that is sorely lacking on this board... as well as many others...

It's meaningless perspective, with political undertones. People equate Vietnam with losing, or fuckups by those in power, or both.

I don't know about you but we militarily won vietnam and had the hearts and the minds of the people. In the last 3 years, the North was completely defeated with only Minor (but deadly) situations. General Abrams made the brag that he could fly anywhere in South Vietnam in a Chopper and not draw one single angry round. Now, what the Politicos did was the failure.

Dodge. how many Vietnams die from flu every year?

No dodge, just not applicable. I am one of the last Vietnam Era Vets alive at age 69 (I turn 70 this year) and we just don't sorry about the flue nearly as much about other things. Like not dying of cancer. I get shots every year for the Flu because a bad case of the Flu CAN be deadly due to severe lung problems. But there are things I do that keeps me from getting a full fledged Flu. With that in mind, if I get infected with Corvid 19 there is almost a 100% chance I am a dead man. I can't speak for others, only myself. You want to know the answer, I doubt there is one available. But, in my case, I will probably die of the Flu one day but not in the near future. But if I am infected with Corvid 19 I will be gone in about a week. I am sure there are a few hundred thousand of others in the same boat of all ages.

You aren't "one of the last"

There are still WWII and Korea vets around. My grandfather is one of them, he is 100.

You have no idea if you are a 100% fatality from COVID, and wouldn't be from the flu or even a cold if you are that sick.

And you know how many of us are left? Are you aware I was in on the last draft? Yes, there were others with draft numbers but most states stopped calling them up astaring in 1971. MOST Vietnam Vets are well into their 70s. And with the various physical and mental problems we received, we are dying at a much higher rate than the civilian counterpart.

I would like to give your Grandfather a salute. But I look at the time line for WWII. My Father was a WWII Vet. He died at age 82 in 2003. He was drafted in 1942 and served in North Africa, The invasion of Sicily, Italy and the Invasion of Southern France. If he were alive today, he would be right around 100 years old as well. These were the Greatest Americans that EVER lived and will probably ever live. And you bringing him up in your BS post, he should slap you across the head.

You claimed you are "one of the last", you are not.

He would call you out on that.

Depends on what you are using for the numbers. He can call me on it all he wants. But all he is doing is trying to use it to win an argument using those of us that served during that time period. There used to be about a hundred million of us and there are one hell of a lot less of us today. You "The Party of the Rump" have no dignity.

100 million US servicemen/women served in Vietnam?

Take you medication. If you don't have any, go see a Doctor and get some. You really are not making any sense.

You said there were 100 million veterans of Vietnam. is that true or not?

Why isn't it Cuomo's Plague? Or Diblasio's Plague? or the Chicom Plague?

Oh right, because those names don't let you score cheap political points.

Those guys aren't the president who ignored three months of daily briefs warning him this was a danger.

Korea, Yearly Polio deaths before the vaccine, AIDS deaths, Smallpox deaths per year before eradication.

I named a few, hack.

Korea only killed 38,000 Americans. There's a reason why it's called "The Forgotten War".

Yearly Polio Deaths (and again, this is over a year, not a few weeks) were only about 3000 a year during the worst outbreaks like 1949, or 6000 during the outbreak of 1916... and those were the bad ones. .

Aids... Worst it ever got in a single year was 41,699...

View attachment 329932

I'm not even going to waste my time looking up smallpox, which has been treatable since the 19th century.

Sorry, man, Trump Plague is really bad... and he owns it.

Trump has hit the Bad President Trifecta - Impeached, Recession and Failed Response to a National Crisis.

Cuomo and Diblasio said to go about your normal business until like early March. Going by your Standard they are as much to blame or even more so than Trump. Trump closed travel to and from China, but was late on a European travel ban, but he still did it. Those were things under his control.

Local epidemic procedures are the bailiwick of local government.

Your pathetic attempt to pin this entirely on Trump is just that Pathetic.

I prefer to wait until after to start figuring out who fucked up. Right now Trump, Cuomo, and DiBlasio have a job to do, and trying to score cheap political points against any of them only hurts the situation.

Some of us can chew gum and walk at the same time. given Trump is the guy who fucked this up, and continues to do dumb stuff like telling people to inject Lysol, we really should be critical of him.

No, you just see this as a political opportunity, and can't pass it up because you are an inhuman slime.

NO pre-existing problems
DUHHHHHHHH

why are you so hateful/angry and a jackass?
AND 2 million died--not 58,000...2 million died in Vietnam
..yes, it is disrespectful
....you also prove to have TDS, since the POTUS has nothing to do with this thread
hahahhahahahaahah

There were over 58,000 American Deaths in Vietnam during the War, not 2 million. And you can't change the fact that Rump waited 3 months to pretend to take the Covid 19 Epidemic seriously. He still isn't taking it seriously. The Presidents before had many Epidemics and had contained them fine. Rump treated it like a hoax for 3 months and he still treats it like that. So you dream up the 2 million figure.

Yes, there were over 2 million but it was every death during those 10 years inside of North and South Viietnam for many reasons not just war casualties. You are eaten up with RDS, "Rump Dexlecic Systrom".

Why do you continue to lie?

BTW, it is "dyslexic'.

NO pre-existing problems
DUHHHHHHHH

Look you stupid bastard, I enlisted in the US Navy and arrived at NTS San Diego July 23, 1964. About 3 weeks later, LBJ signed the Tonkin Gulf Resolution and I became one of the millions of pawns shuffled around during that cockup! I'm one of those millions of people who deployed to that fucking armpit twice for a total of 15 months. So why would I ever wish to willingly disrespect my brothers and sisters in arms? That would be disrespecting myself you bloody fool!

The Vets were drafted? No fucking way you IDIOT. Those men were drafted and then became veterans sometime after their oath was taken, and too fucking many became dead at some point after that. Your ignorance is palpable.

From your displays, rants and repeated stupidity, you obviously wish some type of recognition. Therefore, I bestow upon you the TP award for the Premium Asshole Poster of the week!

I agree Syriusly. Trump isn't responsible for the start of the virus, but he IS responsible for the actions taken in this country to keep the people safe. And, he's been failing miserably.
sure he is
here is the answer:
The US involvement in the Vietnamn War was created by people. And then mismanaged.
COVID-19 was not created by people but also mismanaged.

No one is comparing COVID-19 deaths to deaths of U.S. servicemen in Vietnam.

They are using the numbers to give some perspective.

Perspective... something that is sorely lacking on this board... as well as many others...

It's meaningless perspective, with political undertones. People equate Vietnam with losing, or fuckups by those in power, or both.

I don't know about you but we militarily won vietnam and had the hearts and the minds of the people. In the last 3 years, the North was completely defeated with only Minor (but deadly) situations. General Abrams made the brag that he could fly anywhere in South Vietnam in a Chopper and not draw one single angry round. Now, what the Politicos did was the failure.

Dodge. how many Vietnams die from flu every year?

No dodge, just not applicable. I am one of the last Vietnam Era Vets alive at age 69 (I turn 70 this year) and we just don't sorry about the flue nearly as much about other things. Like not dying of cancer. I get shots every year for the Flu because a bad case of the Flu CAN be deadly due to severe lung problems. But there are things I do that keeps me from getting a full fledged Flu. With that in mind, if I get infected with Corvid 19 there is almost a 100% chance I am a dead man. I can't speak for others, only myself. You want to know the answer, I doubt there is one available. But, in my case, I will probably die of the Flu one day but not in the near future. But if I am infected with Corvid 19 I will be gone in about a week. I am sure there are a few hundred thousand of others in the same boat of all ages.

You aren't "one of the last"

There are still WWII and Korea vets around. My grandfather is one of them, he is 100.

You have no idea if you are a 100% fatality from COVID, and wouldn't be from the flu or even a cold if you are that sick.

And you know how many of us are left? Are you aware I was in on the last draft? Yes, there were others with draft numbers but most states stopped calling them up astaring in 1971. MOST Vietnam Vets are well into their 70s. And with the various physical and mental problems we received, we are dying at a much higher rate than the civilian counterpart.

I would like to give your Grandfather a salute. But I look at the time line for WWII. My Father was a WWII Vet. He died at age 82 in 2003. He was drafted in 1942 and served in North Africa, The invasion of Sicily, Italy and the Invasion of Southern France. If he were alive today, he would be right around 100 years old as well. These were the Greatest Americans that EVER lived and will probably ever live. And you bringing him up in your BS post, he should slap you across the head.

You claimed you are "one of the last", you are not.

He would call you out on that.

Depends on what you are using for the numbers. He can call me on it all he wants. But all he is doing is trying to use it to win an argument using those of us that served during that time period. There used to be about a hundred million of us and there are one hell of a lot less of us today. You "The Party of the Rump" have no dignity.

100 million US servicemen/women served in Vietnam?

Take you medication. If you don't have any, go see a Doctor and get some. You really are not making any sense.

You said there were 100 million veterans of Vietnam. is that true or not?

Yes, I said it. It may have been a slight exaggeration but not by much. There were over 610,000 that were actually stationed there. But there were a hell of a lot more that served OVER Vietnam that it doesn't count. People like me. And I was only over Vietnam 3 times. The rest of the time I was serving either in Laos or over Laos which wasn't any less dangerous than serving right on the DMZ line. Then there are the guys from Guam, the F-111s and F-105s from Thailand and more. And let's not forget the Wet Service operating from the Carriers flying all sorts of Down Town Missions. You would think that the Hanoi Hilton had mostly US Servicemen in it that were stationed in Vietnam. You would be wrong. Over half of the people were Nickel Pilots and there were a lot of Navy A-7 and A-6 pilots there as well. There were very few Hanoi Hilton Residence that were actually stationed in South Vietnam. So I stand by my 1 million number.

sure he is
here is the answer:
The US involvement in the Vietnamn War was created by people. And then mismanaged.
COVID-19 was not created by people but also mismanaged.

Whether it was created by man or not, the jury is still out. But the mismanagement is way over the top.

NO pre-existing problems
DUHHHHHHHH

Look you stupid bastard, I enlisted in the US Navy and arrived at NTS San Diego July 23, 1964. About 3 weeks later, LBJ signed the Tonkin Gulf Resolution and I became one of the millions of pawns shuffled around during that cockup! I'm one of those millions of people who deployed to that fucking armpit twice for a total of 15 months. So why would I ever wish to willingly disrespect my brothers and sisters in arms? That would be disrespecting myself you bloody fool!

The Vets were drafted? No fucking way you IDIOT. Those men were drafted and then became veterans sometime after their oath was taken, and too fucking many became dead at some point after that. Your ignorance is palpable.

From your displays, rants and repeated stupidity, you obviously wish some type of recognition. Therefore, I bestow upon you the TP award for the Premium Asshole Poster of the week!

1588278805309.png

Forum List

Back