🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Strict gun laws aren't so much about reducing gun violence but putting gun owners in their place

Whether or not a gun kills is decoded by the wielder of the gun.
The vast and overwhelming majority of people who obtain and use their guns legally will never kill anyone
that passed right over your head--again--you argue AGAINST common sense
..gun designed to kill--you CANNOT deny this
..cars designed for transportation --you cannot deny this
something designed to KILL--very easily-- should be regulated more than cars/etc
The purpose of a tool is determined by the person using it.

A gun is designed to fire a projectile at a chosen target. What that target is is determined by the person wielding the gun.

It seems that , according to your logic, that the vast and overwhelming majority of gun owners are using their guns for something other than what you say they were designed for.
Gotta keep those guns out of the hands of crazies

Something the NRA fights

How do you define who is crazy or not?

If a person can pass a background check they can buy a gun.

I see nothing wrong with that.
you said guns are not designed to kill ----
ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's why the military uses them.....I guess hunters use cars for hunting.......???!!!!!
Guns are designed to fire a projectile at a chosen target.

What that target is and if that gun is used to kill are both determined by the person firing the gun not by the gun

I don't think the main purpose of passing gun laws is to reduce gun deaths, or even to reduce crime. To me, it's a beneficial side effect.

I see the main purpose of strict gun laws as "sending a message" to gun owners that their right to own a firearm is not absolute, that they are not sovereign individuals but are subject to law and the demands of the greater community, that they must compromise and learn to play nice with other people who don't share their views. The attitude of gun owners and their extreme defensiveness needs to be confronted with strength, law, and order. Gun owners want us to kneel before them and say that their **** doesn't stink.

This defiance needs to be confronted, put down, and checked. Liberty must be balanced with law and order. Gun owners are becoming an interest group that is too powerful. An example needs to be made out of them.

If they choose to lash out in violence, make an example out of those who do. I believe in checks and balances, and the gun lobby and gun owners need to be "checked and balanced" with strict laws that let them know - you don't own the place.
So...the point of your post is that "strict gun laws" could reduce gun deaths or crime but...fuck that and fuck the greater public good...you can't tell me what to do!
exactly---
Funny use of keywords.

Subject. Suborning the group's rights over the individual.

Now for a little truth.

Gun owners ARE the greater community and we don't want you to kneel before us. We want you to leave us alone and as Americans, we'll back that want with strength, courage, and philosophy that defense of liberty is no vice.

There are 100 million gun owners with over 200 million guns. If we were the problem, you'd know it.

So, you go ahead and come at us and see what happens to you. Your little diatribe and cowardice don't impress.
..guns are designed to KILL very easily---it just makes obvious sense that something designed to KILL[ humans ] should be regulated more than something designed for transportation/medicine/etc
It makes zero sense, in actuality.

do you know how many guns were NOT used in a crime or to kill someone today? I do.

So...the point of your post is that "strict gun laws" could reduce gun deaths or crime but...fuck that and fuck the greater public good...you can't tell me what to do!
exactly---
Funny use of keywords.

Now for a little truth.

Gun owners ARE the greater community and we don't want you to kneel before us. We want you to leave us alone and as Americans, we'll back that want with strength, courage, and philosophy that defense of liberty is no vice.

There are 100 million gun owners with over 200 million guns. If we were the problem, you'd know it.

So, you go ahead and come at us and see what happens to you. Your little diatribe and cowardice don't impress.
..guns are designed to KILL very easily---it just makes obvious sense that something designed to KILL[ humans ] should be regulated more than something designed for transportation/medicine/etc
The vast and overwhelming majority of people who obtain and use their guns legally will never kill anyone
something designed to KILL--very easily-- should be regulated more than cars/etc
The purpose of a tool is determined by the person using it.

A gun is designed to fire a projectile at a chosen target. What that target is is determined by the person wielding the gun.

It seems that , according to your logic, that the vast and overwhelming majority of gun owners are using their guns for something other than what you say they were designed for.
Gotta keep those guns out of the hands of crazies

Something the NRA fights
Total lies from you like always. You people are getting your ass handed to you daily but you still keep spewing crap.

I don't think the main purpose of passing gun laws is to reduce gun deaths, or even to reduce crime. To me, it's a beneficial side effect.

I see the main purpose of strict gun laws as "sending a message" to gun owners that their right to own a firearm is not absolute, that they are not sovereign individuals but are subject to law and the demands of the greater community, that they must compromise and learn to play nice with other people who don't share their views. The attitude of gun owners and their extreme defensiveness needs to be confronted with strength, law, and order. Gun owners want us to kneel before them and say that their **** doesn't stink.

This defiance needs to be confronted, put down, and checked. Liberty must be balanced with law and order. Gun owners are becoming an interest group that is too powerful. An example needs to be made out of them.

If they choose to lash out in violence, make an example out of those who do. I believe in checks and balances, and the gun lobby and gun owners need to be "checked and balanced" with strict laws that let them know - you don't own the place.
exactly---
Funny use of keywords.

Now for a little truth.

You're actually wrong. Guns are designed to propel an object. The intent to kill is provided by the user of the tool

A gun, when not interacted upon, will NEVER kill anyone. So, it is NOT designed to kill, or it would do so without any help from humans.

Funny use of keywords.

Now for a little truth.

Nice threatening post, there, cupcake. After the last round of shootings and dying school children, you just slip away into obscurity. The Children's deaths speak much louder than you can. The last round in Colorado won't affect our gun regs at all. But our gun regs kept the body count down. And one very courageous young martyred lady did her part.
I threatened no one cupcake. If you feel threatened by that, then you best go run and hide somewhere safe.

Funny use of keywords.

Now for a little truth.

Nice threatening post, there, cupcake. After the last round of shootings and dying school children, you just slip away into obscurity. The Children's deaths speak much louder than you can. The last round in Colorado won't affect our gun regs at all. But our gun regs kept the body count down. And one very courageous young martyred lady did her part.
I threatened no one cupcake. If you feel threatened by that, then you best go run and hide somewhere safe.

You think there is room enough under that bed that you hide under every time you think "They" are coming for your guns?

Forum List

Back