🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

SubpoenOWNED

DOJ officials are preparing to take the Fifth....

odd sort of behavior for a department that has nothing to hide!

lol

Piece of free advice: Don't say that during voir dire.

Go figure - libs want to give US Constitutional rights to terrorists but object when members of the US government want to exercise their US Constitutional rights

Apples and Oranges. All hands, all feet, and every swingin johnson under US control is protected by the constitution. What the democrats in general object to is the suspected terrorists being subject to the military tribunals/commissions.

And, anyone with an ounce of curiosity considers taking the fifth to be an unofficial admission of guilt.

Hell the last time I took the fifth I emptied it and was hung over the next day.

Creating a scandal where non exists..............

Time's Tumulty: Attorney Firings Deserve 'Massive Commitment of Journalistic Resources'
Posted by Ken Shepherd on March 27, 2007 - 13:51.
Writing in the "Swampland" blog for Time magazine today, Karen Tumulty insisted the U.S. attorney firings deserved "massive commitment of journalistic resources" before going on to cite a study showing that media attention in the past few weeks has skewed heavily towards the non-scandal scandal:

... And before all our commenters jump on me, let me stipulate: I think the unfolding U.S. Attorneys story is a huge one, it deserves a massive commitment of journalistic resources, it is not likely to go away any time soon and I'm skeptical that Alberto Gonzales is going to survive it. I also believe that history has shown us many times that the broadest measures of public interest are a lagging indicator of the significance of a story. Finally, the blogosphere deserves huge credit for leading the way on it.

Translation: "the public don't know it yet, but this is an important story, we're going to make it an important story, and, kudos to liberal bloggers for making a fuss over it."

In 1993, Time magazine didn't show the same interest in blowing up the Clinton/Reno firings into a story the public would care about. [continued...]

MRC/NB's Tim Graham did some digging in Time magazine's coverage as archived by Nexis and found anything but "massive" coverage from Time. In fact, the magazine practically surpressed yawns over possible political calculations behind the firings :

April 5, 1993 edition:

Last Tuesday, after being on the job only 11 days, Attorney General Janet Reno had the Justice Department moving and shaking. She requested the prompt resignation of all 93 U.S. Attorneys around the country "to build a team" that represents "my views" and those of the President. Although expected eventually, the move triggered alarms at the Washington prosecutorial office, which has been probing the finances of a key Democratic floor captain, House Ways and Means chairman Dan Rostenkowski. Reno insists there was "no linkage"' between the dismissals and the probe, which insiders say will continue.
April 12, 1993 edition:

WHEN U.S. ATTORNEY JAY STEPHENS RESIGNED FROM HIS POST under pressure from the Clinton Administration last week, he complained that his departure could impede the investigation of alleged corruption in the House post office as well as alleged wrongdoing by House Ways and Means chairman Dan Rostenkowski. But Justice Department sources confirm the case is set to move ahead without Stephens. Prosecutors are 30 to 60 days away from announcing the indictments of a former Congressman and a former top-ranking official at the House post office.

http://newsbusters.org/node/11664

In San Diego, U.S. attorney Carol Lam was under fire for failing to prosecute illegal alien criminals. On June 15, 2006, Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein complained about Ms. Lam to Alberto Gonzales saying: "It is my understanding that Ms. Lam may have some of the most restrictive prosecutorial guidelines nationwide for immigration cases, such that many Border Patrol agents end up not referring their cases."

And then there's fired U.S. Attorney Paul Charlton, who wouldn't prosecute pot-smuggling cases unless they were above 500 pounds. Wow.

How about San Francisco federal prosecutor Kevin Ryan? Here is what the liberal Los Angeles Times wrote about him today: "It was only when a Democratic judge threatened to go to Congress to raise a public fuss over Ryan's poor performance that Ryan was put on the termination list, according to e-mails released by the White House."

So, in 24 hours, we have come up with plausible explanations for the dismissal of three of the eight U.S. attorneys. And we only gave it a day. But, again, the White House should be doing this, not us. I'm going to send them a bill.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,260665,00.html

A piece based on the facts.

Never confront Bush haters with facts - it makes their blood pressure go up

it is an opinion piece based upon O'Liely's spin of the facts.... just wait and see how much damage this Attorney mess will cause.... if O'Liely's opinion WERE fact, then the white house would have no problem presenting that case as fact and not suffer any damage.....let's just sit back and watch, shall we?

it is an opinion piece based upon O'Liely's spin of the facts.... just wait and see how much damage this Attorney mess will cause.... if O'Liely's opinion WERE fact, then the white house would have no problem presenting that case as fact and not suffer any damage.....let's just sit back and watch, shall we?

Do your own research (not the Daily Kos) and you will see how they di not enforce the law

Libs have a long history of ignoring laws they do not like

Do your own research (not the Daily Kos) and you will see how they di not enforce the law

Libs have a long history of ignoring laws they do not like

I do all my own research. I never visit daily kos....

now why don't you agree to never visit newsbusters...OK?

Yes, Fox News and Newsbusters is fair. That is why libs hate them

that's your opinion...and clearly... the opinions you get from those sources are the only ones you ever have anyway....

do you wait for them to tell you to shit before heading off to the crapper?

if you complain about daily KOS, which I do NOT visit, I will complain about newsbusters which you use as your primary source of argumentation....

fair is fair.

I do not complain about the Daily Kos - they are considered a serious news source by the moonbat left

This has been the standard RNC spin so far.

You've got to admire them the way they always manage to jump out in front of each Bush administration scandal with these convenient talking points. I know propaganda when I see it and these people have made an art form out of it. If you throw out select tidbits of misinformation just ahead of the train wreck you can convince some people that they might not really be seing what they are.

There's nothing to substantiate that statement red states. If there was Bush would be dying to send his people before Congress to prove it under oath.

Instead it looks like everyone is beginning to duck for cover.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,261370,00.html

Again...there's nothing to substantiate this claim.

They've taken the "Big Lie" that Herman Goering raised to an art form and gave it a whole new lease on life in today's media saturated world.

Hmmm...Neither Glock nor Red have even attempted to address the questions raised in posts, <a href=http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=540874&postcount=47>#47</a> and <a href=http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=540875&postcount=48>#48</a>.

Their intellectual bankruptcy has been made readily apparent to all, save themselves.

Forum List

Back